• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$1B Churches: No Transparency, No Accountability. Just Like PAPee!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Mega churches: 'The issue isn't about relocation or expansion. It is about transparency and accountability.'
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I READ with interest last Friday's article, 'Church member responds: 'We are different in our management of funds from most other faiths''.
I am of the opinion that the issue here is not about relocation of church congregations into newer and bigger premises, or expansion of church congregation sizes, as the article suggested. It is about notions of transparency and accountability that are required of churches - or, in this case, mega-churches.
Transparency in the way funds are handled, and for what purposes they are used, is necessary as this enables greater openness of the church leadership to its members. There needs to be a certain degree of public accountability, especially if it concerns finances, as this gives due respect to members' act of investing in the church. Even though it may put the church leadership under the spotlight, I am sure being honest and forthright about handling church finances will lay better foundations of communication and interaction between leadership and congregation. Daryl Chan

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Mega churches: 'The issue isn't about relocation or expansion. It is about transparency and accountability.'
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I READ with interest last Friday's article, 'Church member responds: 'We are different in our management of funds from most other faiths''.
I am of the opinion that the issue here is not about relocation of church congregations into newer and bigger premises, or expansion of church congregation sizes, as the article suggested. It is about notions of transparency and accountability that are required of churches - or, in this case, mega-churches.
Transparency in the way funds are handled, and for what purposes they are used, is necessary as this enables greater openness of the church leadership to its members. There needs to be a certain degree of public accountability, especially if it concerns finances, as this gives due respect to members' act of investing in the church. Even though it may put the church leadership under the spotlight, I am sure being honest and forthright about handling church finances will lay better foundations of communication and interaction between leadership and congregation. Daryl Chan

So simple, dont go to such churches loh!

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats what NKF claimed to be before the Great Expose!

Regardless of religions, human greed for $$$$ persists.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mega churches: 'The issue isn't about relocation or expansion. It is about transparency and accountability.'

actually a peek into LEE DYNASTY net worth would be much much much much more interesting than some small church financial statements...

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually a peek into LEE DYNASTY net worth would be much much much much more interesting than some small church financial statements...

no chance for that since the gov abolishing estate duty so no need to reveal lky's wife's accounts to the tax man upon her passing.