• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

154th Refuses to Publish New AWARE's Letters in Print! Part 2

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>No reason why top business execs should not join NGOs
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I AM encouraged by Ms Josie Lau's stand to take up the post of president of the Association of Women for Action and Research (Aware), despite her duties as a vice-president in DBS Bank.
I see this as a signal to other women to do the same. Frankly, Ms Lau does not stand to gain much from the presidency, but she has to pay a high price, especially at her workplace.
Why should high-position holders in the business world not be involved in non-governmental organisations? Does it mean civil society should be supported only by members of the public who hold jobs with low responsibilities?
Many MPs hold important posts in companies, but that has not stopped them from taking office.
Rather, I am concerned that DBS is rebuking Ms Lau in public because she is a woman. Perhaps it is because she is in a civil society organisation. Or both. Chu Young Ann