• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

154th Accused Elderly Destitute of Being Lazy!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Be less unsympathetically one-dimensional in slice-of-life TV interviews
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->MEDIACORP'S Channel 8 documentary Frontline last Friday, about the poor and elderly making a living selling tissue paper, floored me with its rude and inconsiderate interviewing technique.
I understand it is important for journalists to elicit the truth and grab the audience's attention. But I implore MediaCorp to moderate the tone of such slice-of-life interviews in future by layering them with the natural empathy such situations call for, rather than project a derisory tone in a callously one-dimensional interviewing technique.
Joshua Chua