• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[154] Pinoy maids killed outside Lucky Plaza because we dont give them enough public space

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
EfNC9G6.png

https://tinyurI.com/uksn39t

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
In 2015, there were about 70,000 Filipino maids here. Since then, the number has climbed to 80,000, estimates Philippine Embassy in Singapore's labour attache Saul T. De Vries.

Yet, it seems public spaces for these workers have failed to grow in tandem - with many settling for pavements outside Lucky Plaza to spend their days off - until last Sunday's horrific accident, when a car rammed into a group picnicking on a pavement, killing two maids.

It was the same spot where Madam Incillo would meet her 30-year-old daughter, who came here to work as a maid last year, for breakfast or lunch every Sunday.

"Now, I realise it's not safe. I used to think it was the safest place. What happened really opened my eyes. I was wrong, we really shouldn't be sitting beside the road," she says, recalling how her daughter was shopping in Lucky Plaza when the tragedy occurred outside.

Madam Incillo says: "We used to gather inside the mall. But we were accused of overcrowding the mall and were chased out. This happened many years ago."

More at https://tinyurI.com/uksn39t

jw5

Loyal
Why don't the ministars take turns to have open house for them every weekend? :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This shithole's overcrowded. Perhaps you should have let them have their park at Paterson Road instead of building ION Orchard. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was the same spot where Madam Incillo would meet her 30-year-old daughter, who came here to work as a maid last year, for breakfast or lunch every Sunday.

Wow, a generational career choice.

Simple solution: put a tax on all money remitted overseas by foreigners. :cool:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This shithole's overcrowded. Perhaps you should have let them have their park at Paterson Road instead of building ION Orchard. :rolleyes:
Changi beach, east coast, pasir ris, west coast, botanics, sembawang beach and so on. So many open spaces and parks. But they just need to be at unLucky Plaza.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
EfNC9G6.png

https://tinyurI.com/uksn39t

A preamble to damage control for that driver, likely to be good friend of maggots maggotess in white. That the Bun Muis in wrong as they picnic illegally. And driver cleared of all charges and Bun Muis families to reimburse him for damage to his car.