• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

150k applications at fair

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_353602.html

150k applications at fair
By Leow Si Wan

In-SG-JOBS.jpg

More than 150,000 job applications were received during the three-day JobsDB.com Career Expo. --PHOTO: JOSEPH NAIR

MORE than 150,000 job applications were received during the three-day JobsDB.com Career Expo.
The job fair, held at Suntec City Convention Centre from Friday to Sunday, drew more than 50,000 visitors on the first and second days.

Into its second year, it featured a paperless recruitment system, where jobseekers can apply for positions without having to present printed copies of their resumes to potential employers. The frills-free recruitment method seemed to have hit the right note with job applicants, who found the paperless system convenient and efficient.

Mr Zayed Kalib, 25, currently unemployed, said: 'I liked the fact that there were many companies not physically present at the fair but I could still apply for jobs at those companies. You would expect a job fair to be chaotic with a lot of booths and companies lined up but the fair was surprisingly organised.'

Mr Kalib, who was retrenched more than a month ago, has sent about 10 to 15 resumes to various companies including the Ministry of Defence and Outward Bound Singapore.

Another anxious job hunter, undergraduate Terence Ng, 25, said: 'The job fair offers a very focused environment for jobseekers. Given the current market conditions, I am definitely very open to various options. I have applied to six to seven firms in the finance as well as the media industry.'

The JobsDB.com Career Expo 2009 featured jobs from more than 300 companies, including American International Assurance, Comfort Delgro, Aspial Corporation and the Standard Chartered Bank.

Last year's event recorded 50,000 visitors over three days and close to 100,000 job applications.