• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1 chao Indian FT cumming stealing SG job

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> <!--HM_Array1 = [[120,"","","000099","FFFFFF","CCCCCC","CCCCFF","black","CCCCCC",0,0,0,1,0,0,"null","null",0,0],["E-Mail this Message","/n/mb/forward.asp?webtag=3in1kopitiam&Rptid=18701&t=1",1,0,0,1],["Ignore this Author","/n/mb/ignore.asp?webtag=3in1kopitiam&Rptid=18701&u=423912393",1,0,0,1],["Add to Friends","/n/mb/ignore.asp?webtag=3in1kopitiam&Rptid=18701&f=1&u=423912393",1,0,0,1],["Print Message","/n/mb/display.asp?webtag=3in1kopitiam&Rptid=18701&print=y",1,0,0,1],["Bookmark Page","javascript:window.external.AddFavorite('http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=18701.1',ForumName + ' #18701.1')",1,0,0,1]]HM_Array2 = [[120,"","","000099","FFFFFF","CCCCCC","CCCCFF","black","CCCCCC",0,0,0,1,0,0,"null","null",0,0],["E-Mail this Message","/n/mb/forward.asp?webtag=3in1kopitiam&Rptid=18701&t=1",1,0,0,1],["Stop Ignoring this Author","/n/mb/neutral.asp?webtag=3in1kopitiam&Rptid=18701",1,0,0,1],["Print Message","/n/mb/display.asp?webtag=3in1kopitiam&Rptid=18701&print=y",1,0,0,1],["Bookmark Page","javascript:window.external.AddFavorite('http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=18701.1',ForumName + ' #18701.1')",1,0,0,1]] //--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2 src="/n/mb/HM_Loader.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2 type=text/javascript src="/n/mb/HM_ScriptDOM.js"></SCRIPT><!--PreMsgHTML--><SCRIPT language=JavaScript> <!-- //Force spider-friendly orphans info framesetif (parent.location.href == self.location.href) {if ((location.pathname.indexOf("/messages/")>0)&&(location.pathname.indexOf("?")==-1)){var path = location.pathname;var urlArray = path.split('messages');var webtag = urlArray[0].replace("/", "");var msgID = urlArray[1].replace("/", "");msgID = msgID.replace("/", ".");var theURL = 'http:\/\/' + location.hostname + '\/' + webtag + 'messages/?msg=' + msgID;window.location.href = theURL;}}//Randomize ad positionvar ranUnrounded = Math.random()*3;var ranNumber = Math.round(ranUnrounded);if (ranNumber<1){ ranNumber = 1 }var adPosition = ranNumber;var adPosition2 = ranNumber + 5; //Honor disable_ads forum propvar disable_ads = 'n';disable_ads = disable_ads.toLowerCase();if ((disable_ads.indexOf("y")==0)||(disable_ads.indexOf("t")==0)||(disable_ads==1)){ var adPosition = 0; var adPosition2 = 0; } else { disable_ads = 'n'; }//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> if(disable_ads == 'n'){ GA_googleAddSlot("ca-pub-2093616136278178", "DF_ROS_inline_BTF_1"); GA_googleAddSlot("ca-pub-2093616136278178", "DF_ROS_inline_BTF_2"); }</SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> if(disable_ads == 'n'){ GA_googleFetchAds();}</SCRIPT><!--/PreMsgHTML--><TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - 1 chao Indian FT cumming stealing SG job</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-9 8:54 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 19) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18701.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Look what bro lpplking found:
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/singapore-expat-forum-expats-living-singapore/26114-need-inputs-i-have-got-job-singapore.html
<TABLE id=post164740 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>gupta.varun
user_offline.gif

Expat Newbie
star_rank.jpg

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Jul 2009
reputation_pos.gif

<!-- / flags start -->
india.gif
Originally from india.
singapore.gif
Expat in singapore.
<!-- / flags end -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_164740 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
Need inputs. I have got a job in singapore

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #068200; COLOR: #068200" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hey Guys

I have got a job in singapore with a salary of 6000 SGD per month. I will be relocating from India to Singapore along with my wife

Wanted to understand the average monthly expenses and current job market there

I have 4.5 years of experience as a business analyst.. I am moving to an Investment bank there. Also wanted to understand if the salary is descent enough as per the singapore market standards

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/si...114-need-inputs-i-have-got-job-singapore.html

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-9 9:05 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (2 of 19) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18701.2 in reply to 18701.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Bros, ask yourselves, why is it that the banks cannot find a Singaporean business analyst??? For SGD6K, I'm sure you can find a lot of good Singaporeans !!!
From my experience, THIS IS WHAT I SUSPECT IS HAPPENING...
First of all, the guy recruiting him (ie, the decision maker inside that investment bank) is none other than another Indian FT. This one is 100% sure.
Next, it appears that this Gupta Varun is not linked the the recruiter. That is to say, not his friend. It Gupta Varun knows the recruiter personally, he would be asking his friend about the situation in Singapore rather than going to an Expat forum to ask those questions.
Which therefore leads me to HIGHLY suspect that corruption is involved. Most likely thru a middleman recruitment agency in India. In India, it's very common to pay money to get a job. That's the norm there. I won't be surprised that this Gupta guy paid the middleman a certain sum of money and this money is shared between the middleman and the recruiter in Singapore. This kind of corruption is hard to catch cause actual transactions is done thru India. Middleman would deposit the money into recruiter's India account. There is no trace here...
Anyway, whatever it is, Singaporeans suffer.... KNN!

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-9 9:05 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(3 of 19) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18701.3 in reply to 18701.2 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE id=post166244 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>mohansktrt
user_offline.gif

Expat Newbie

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Feb 2009
reputation_pos.gif

<!-- / flags start -->
india.gif
Originally from india.
singapore.gif
Expat in singapore.
<!-- / flags end -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_166244 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #068200; COLOR: #068200" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->For your experience 6000 SGD is a good salary. You can save typically 2000 - 2.500 SGD per month. Can you please tell me how you get the job through agency are directly. I also trying job in singapore

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot></TD><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=msgtablealt cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-9 9:06 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (4 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18701.4 in reply to 18701.3 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>See, there is a middleman involved....
<TABLE id=post167434 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>gupta.varun
user_offline.gif

Expat Newbie
star_rank.jpg

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Jul 2009
reputation_pos.gif

<!-- / flags start -->
india.gif
Originally from india.
singapore.gif
Expat in singapore.
<!-- / flags end -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_167434 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
Thanks..
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #068200; COLOR: #068200" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by mohansktrt
For your experience 6000 SGD is a good salary. You can save typically 2000 - 2.500 SGD per month. Can you please tell me how you get the job through agency are directly. I also trying job in singapore
Hey thanks dear for your inputs

I have got through a consultant there in Singapore.. It takes some time actually to get through a job. Also, can you please tell me the basic necessities that i should carry from India while relocating to Singapore

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-9 9:06 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(5 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18701.5 in reply to 18701.4 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE id=post168371 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>reply2balu
user_offline.gif

Expat Newbie

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Sep 2008
reputation_pos.gif

<!-- / flags start -->

<!-- / flags end -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_168371 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
Need Help
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #068200; COLOR: #068200" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hi Varun,

Even i am planning to move to Singapore. Can you please let me know how did you approach the consultant.I am from networking background.

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot></TD><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-9 9:08 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (6 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18701.6 in reply to 18701.4 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE id=post170896 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>rabbitnini
user_offline.gif

Expat Newbie
star_rank.jpg

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Nov 2008
reputation_pos.gif

<!-- / flags start -->

<!-- / flags end -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_170896 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
cost of living
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #068200; COLOR: #068200" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hi welcome to Singapore.
Let me tell something about the cost to live in Singapore.

Housing:
you need to rent an apartment, either in private condominium or public house known as HDB, if your employer provides the housing, then bingo, you can save
money a lot!

Rentals varies depending on their location, i believe you company should be somewhere near raffles place, the nearby houses are expensive,
so you may need to find a cheaper one but have to travel at least 30mins.
Private condominium cost between S$2000 to S3500, high ends cost between
S$5000 or more.
HDB is cheaper, for a 2 bed-3bed rooms apartment here is know as 3-room or 4-room as living room is counted, cost between S$1200-1800.

Otherwise, you can look for a master bed room and stay under the same roof with landlord, that may cost you S$600 or more with aircon, but you may have difficulties as most of the house owners do not allow cooking, they allow you
cook instant noodle and boiling water.

If you willing to pay the housing agent half a month rental as commission,
they can help you to find a house quickly.

Transportation:
Public bus and subway(MRT) are cheap and convinient, single journey is less than S$2, for taxi, $2.6 for the first 2km, however, peak hours needs more than 35%~50% more charges, so it may cost you 20$ for a 20mins trip.

Food:
There are plenty of food courts around the island, you don't have to cook.
one meal may cost you s$6-10 only for one person. You can find indian food
as well. So you may expect $600 is enough for you to eat at home or at food court.

Phone lines, internet:

Residential phone lines are cheap, S$25 for 3 months subscription,
mobile phone 20cents per min. Phone cards are available to call overseas.
Broadband monthly cost about 50-60S$ depends on your package.

basically, the living cost in Singapore is not high, and your salary is enough to
cover all.
[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-9 9:08 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(7 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18701.7 in reply to 18701.4 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Hi Mukul

Thanks a tonne for ur response. I ll be moving in 1st week of September. I am from Mumbai
My work location is Changi Business Park. Which would be the ideal area to stay in Singapore if the work location is changi business park
Also my wife works as an SAP SRM Functional Consultant. how easy it is for her to get a job?
and lastly, what should i bring from India? while relocating
smile.gif

Thanks and will keep on bothering you guys
[email protected]

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-9 9:09 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(8 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18701.8 in reply to 18701.7 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Hi rabbitnini

Thanks for your response
Company is not giving me the housing expenses and my work location will be changi business park. Also, my wife will be moving after 3 months. so inititally i was thinking of staying in a master room and then probably once my wife is in Singapore, i thought i will shift in a whole unit/apartment
Which should be the good area to stay near changi business park and also reasonable
smile.gif

Is changi business park far off from Little India..
[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot></TD><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-9 9:10 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(9 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18701.9 in reply to 18701.8 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Hi, Varun,
Changi business park is located at the east end of Singapore, next to the Changi airport, it is about 10-12 MRT stations 20mins by MRT train from little India, little india is somewhere near down town, key in the link below you will find the map.

Welcome to Land Transport Authority
As you can see from the map that Changi is at the east end of the green line,
Little India is in the middle of purple line.

Nearby to your working place should be Simei, betok, tampines, east coast, but i would suggest you check by personal walking, plenty of HDB for you to choose. I am not familiar as i have been living in the west part of Singapore. Generally you need to prepare one month rental and one month deposit for Housing.

Singaporeans are friendly and easy to get along,relax and don't worry too much!
It's good you settle down before your wife comes.

Your pay is consider high in general and local average pay is about 2500 s$ only.
However, bankers are always rich everywhere.
smile.gif

Enjoy your relocation soon!
[email protected]

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 8/10/2009 12:10 am by kojakbt22</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-9 9:11 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(10 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18701.10 in reply to 18701.9 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE id=post171452 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>gupta.varun
user_offline.gif

Expat Newbie
star_rank.jpg

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Jul 2009
reputation_pos.gif

<!-- / flags start -->
india.gif
Originally from india.
singapore.gif
Expat in singapore.
<!-- / flags end -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_171452 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
average savings
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #068200; COLOR: #068200" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hi
I had few more doubts

My gross salary is 6000 SGD
what will be likely take home post taxation
and is the job market safe in Singapore as of now

and also what will be average monthly savings i can make there?

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot></TD><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-9 9:12 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR> </NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (12 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18701.12 in reply to 18701.11 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Tax in Singapore is very, very, very low ... esp. compared to Australia for example (45%) ... here's it's more like 10% ...

You can save as much as you're able to ... basically rental costs for HDB are quite cheap, especially in around the east coast area where you'll be staying ... it's more expensive the closer you are to the centre.

You don't have to spend everything you earn and as your wife will be here you can eat at home. street food is very good and quite cheap -- you can get curry and rice from a coffeeshop for $3 in some places -- but it's even cheaper if you cook at home.

You can basically get everything you want in Singapore; but to save on set up costs I'd bring basic household items like linen, cooking gear etc from India.

Will your company give you a shipping allowance? Most do.

Hope that helps

Cheers
[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changi Business Park... Investment banking...

Must be the fucking ah neh run Citibank

Hope they go bankrupt soon