• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 杀假鸡敬猴 kill fake chicken to scare real monkey... for hiring ah neh as CEO is a mistake... gookle style...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah neh goes everywhere failures follow them... fake cannot he real....

A lot of people misunderstanding the case. I try to answer from a technical point of view as our company produces mobile apps, apart from telecom hardware and services.

1. Android is open source and not owned by Google. What Google has is the rights on their own apps, namely the play store and maps. Android is produced by the community and Huawei employees happened to be one of the major groups doing the coding, and by the community agreement, Huawei employees, the contributors, will get full codes. Unless Google want to buy back all “copyrights” from all contributors, of which I don’t think they have enough $$.
  2. Google Play Store can be side loaded after purchasing any phone without Google preinstalled Just like today I can go to SZ and buy a Xiaomi domestic version, and load Google Play Store and Google Map myself. The EULA (end user license agreement) is between me (the user) and Google, not he hardware manufacturer.
  3. The manufacturer needs a license to preload Google, that’s all.
  4. There is, theoretically, a way for Google to ban Huawei hardware from using Google Play Services by blacklisting the IMEIs but do they have the database? Who own the database and who decide if to pass them the database of all phones manufactured in China? Practically this cannot be done.
  5. Even if Huawei wants to preinstall HarmonyOS into Mate30 I will still buy it, as I can load all android apps, including the play store onto it. Our lab in SZ has tested that perfectly possible.
  6. So the ban is for weakening customer confidence, not truly a technical barrier for Huawei phones to run and operate Android OS and Apps.
One more thing, if all phone manufacturers ban Google and use new OS and APP stores, you think the app developers, like us, will refuse to host our apps on the new app store? our apps can run on Harmony OS without any big modifications, the cost involved is like 1 man day max.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a nutshell, lawmakers fooled that pussy licker man Trump to fumble and fell off to the ground...

Trump shd learn not to trust India ah neh..... learn from Sinkie...