• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

我們真他媽的做到了! (Acceptable?)

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
正妹畢業典禮致詞 爆粗口全場大High

2011年08月01日18:01 蘋果即時

640_cbe3783cc42c630f873685db5d65a740.jpg

新加坡南洋理工大學傳播系23歲應屆畢業生Trinetta Chong,因為長相甜美在校人緣極佳,獲同學推選在上周五(29日)的畢業典禮上以畢業生代表上台致詞,口條十分清楚、落落大方的她原本致詞一切順利,卻在結束前(約5分34秒處)突然說了一句「We fucking did it!」(我們真他媽的做到了),讓全場畢業生大high熱烈歡呼,影片被同學拍下來上傳到網路引發爭議,有網友覺得在這麼嚴肅的場合,爆粗口實在不妥當,也有很多人覺得其實還好,年輕人比較直接,但更多人認為是因為她長的正,不然一定被批死。

但是校方仍在昨天(7月31日)致歉,Trinetta Chong也已經道歉。

http://tw.nextmedia.com/rnews/article/SecID/103/art_id/57041/IssueID/20110801/page/1

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unacceptable, because 很多人也真他妈的都做到了(many others have fucking done it as well). I don't find the use of the f-word offensive. I am just puzzled about what is so great about graduating that warrants the use of such a sacred word. If she became the PM or President, or even managed to become a scientist for NS vocation, then yes, the f-word would be appropriate. Twenty years on, many in her cohort would have become taxi drivers.

Last edited:

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like krafty? i dun think so, still NTU, much better than some unknown univ. That why he is driving taxi.

Twenty years ago, everything was rosy for SG and there was no influx of foreigners. Look at the situation today. I can't predict what will happen to SG twenty years on from now. So, many graduates driving taxis twenty years from now might be one possible reality.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Twenty years ago, everything was rosy for SG and there was no influx of foreigners. Look at the situation today. I can't predict what will happen to SG twenty years on from now. So, many graduates driving taxis twenty years from now might be one possible reality.

20 years later, sinkies will be commiting suicide faster than PAP able to replace by FT. The smart one like the resident money collector long gone.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
unacceptable, the university should withdrew her diploma.

thats why u must study hard. firstly it is not a diploma but a degree. secondly its should 'withdraw', not 'withdrew'. present tense always follow after after 'should' 'shall' 'would' 'will' etc. . your primary school teacher no teach is it.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats why u must study hard. firstly it is not a diploma but a degree. secondly its should 'withdraw', not 'withdrew'. present tense always follow after after 'should' 'shall' 'would' 'will' etc. . your primary school teacher no teach is it.

A diploma (from Greek δίπλωµα. díplōma, meaning "folded paper") is a certificate or deed issued by an educational institution, such as a university, that testifies that the recipient has successfully completed a particular course of study, or confers an academic degree. In countries such as the United Kingdom and Australia, the word diploma refers to a level of academic award.

I was referring to the correct meaning of diploma, not the sinkies english version. your english also not up to scratch, if you do not know what is a diploma. Let leave money collector to teach us english.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
A diploma (from Greek δίπλωµα. díplōma, meaning "folded paper") is a certificate or deed issued by an educational institution, such as a university, that testifies that the recipient has successfully completed a particular course of study, or confers an academic degree. In countries such as the United Kingdom and Australia, the word diploma refers to a level of academic award.

I was referring to the correct meaning of diploma, not the sinkies english version. your english also not up to scratch, if you do not know what is a diploma. Let leave money collector to teach us english.

yeah sure. ntu now give diplomas instead of degrees. no need quote some long long paragraph from some online dictionary. wrong means wrong. no need shy ok. :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hullo, singveld, i think it's very fucking narrow to withdraw a person's degree just because she said fuck,come on,who dun like to fuck???you tell me. and if you dun have a degree,it's ok, actually, it's ok to be jealous but dun ruin others who did well.hope that you understand my point. numerous sinkies behave like you,easily jealous, narrow minded and start to do things to ruin others. if you still dun get it, you may want to speak to ho kum hean from spore technologies electronics, he is very good at this. also, check with the vp from st infocomm also but i am not sure about him, he gave me a very bad impression as a vp.

unacceptable, the university should withdrew her diploma.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah sure. ntu now give diplomas instead of degrees. no need quote some long long paragraph from some online dictionary. wrong means wrong. no need shy ok. :biggrin:

I stand correct in using the word diploma. Quote again
"A diploma is a certificate or deed issued by an educational institution, such as a university, that testifies that the recipient has successfully completed a particular course of study, or confers an academic degree."
Where the word diploma, mean the certificate issue by the university, in this case a degree not the diploma you are referring to as polytechnic certificate. Same word, difference meaning.

let have one english teacher in this forum, money collector is enough.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think it's very fucking narrow to withdraw a person's degree just because she said fuck,come on,who dun like to fuck??

well, basically singapore kick out PRC clown who made the youtube video, and not refund his money, you can say that singapore is very narrow minded.

So, why would not be the same to punish her, so that in future, no one dare to use the F bomb in an formal speech. She will not starve to death without a degree.
And i might add, that you do not need a degree to drive a taxi.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stand correct in using the word diploma. Quote again
"A diploma is a certificate or deed issued by an educational institution, such as a university, that testifies that the recipient has successfully completed a particular course of study, or confers an academic degree."
Where the word diploma, mean the certificate issue by the university, in this case a degree not the diploma you are referring to as polytechnic certificate. Same word, difference meaning.

let have one english teacher in this forum, money collector is enough.

wrong still dun want admit. so be it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and btw, different meaning, not difference meaning. lets have, not let have.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe my grammar is rusty and bad, but better than you inability to understand a single word Diploma.