• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

小强 Joined Diners @ Jumbo Restoran!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Baby cockroach spoils visitors' dining experience
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->MY FRIENDS from Hong Kong were visiting Singapore and we had dinner at the Jumbo restaurant at Riverside Point on Saturday. Towards the end of the meal, a baby cockroach surfaced on the table, climbed onto their food, then disappeared. My friends now have a lousy impression of Singapore's hygiene standards.
�I am surprised this incident took place in a restaurant frequented by tourists, and after the recent cases of food poisoning. Moreover, the presence of a baby cockroach in air-conditioned premises suggests they may breed.
�I have alerted the National Environment Agency and hope this will not be repeated. I also hope Singapore's food establishments will not be complacent in maintaining good hygiene standards.
� Wong Siang Yeung Rigan

sand_ban

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Baby cockroach spoils visitors' dining experience
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->MY FRIENDS from Hong Kong were visiting Singapore and we had dinner at the Jumbo restaurant at Riverside Point on Saturday. Towards the end of the meal, a baby cockroach surfaced on the table, climbed onto their food, then disappeared. My friends now have a lousy impression of Singapore's hygiene standards.
�I am surprised this incident took place in a restaurant frequented by tourists, and after the recent cases of food poisoning. Moreover, the presence of a baby cockroach in air-conditioned premises suggests they may breed.
�I have alerted the National Environment Agency and hope this will not be repeated. I also hope Singapore's food establishments will not be complacent in maintaining good hygiene standards.
� Wong Siang Yeung Rigan

Had your HK friend tasted Indian Rojaik before? Bring your friend to try it out and then afterwards tell them the exciting story!

:eek::biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Restaurant has rigorous hygiene system in place

I REFER to Mr Wong Siang Yeung Rigan's letter on Monday, "Baby cockroach spoils visitors' dining experience".
We would like to assure both Mr Wong and our diners that Jumbo Seafood has a rigorous system in place to ensure the hygiene of our premises.

We take food safety very seriously and isolated incidents such as these are deeply regretted. Following this incident, the National Environment Agency (NEA) and our pest control agency have separately conducted thorough checks of the restaurant's premises and found no evidence of any pests or infestation.

Nonetheless, we thank Mr Wong for his feedback and we sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience he had with his guests.

Candice Huang (Ms)

Assistant Manager

Marketing & Communications

Jumbo Seafood Group of Restaurants

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Hong Kongers are used to seeing cockroaches in restaurant...it is what they call, 'hole see chye'..in other words, dried oyster...very tasty..it enhances the meal... ha ha ha ha