• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TOC has been taken over by TR

WayangPartyClub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at the new TOC TEAM:

The Online Citizen (TOC) team is made up of the following members.

Chief Editor – Andrew Loh

Chief Editor-Designate – Ravi Philemon (*To take over Andrew Loh on 28 February 2010)

Managing Editor – Fang Shihan

Editor-at-Large – Remy Choo Zheng Xi

News Editor – Khairulanwar Zaini

Political Editor – Ng E-Jay

TOC Lite Editor - Gangasudhan

Head of Public Relations and Liaisons – Leong Sze Hian

Copy Editor – Wong Chun Han

Webmaster – Kamilul Ashraf

In a great coup de tat, TR has infiltrated TOC in an attempt to rid it of its best writers, Andrew Loh and Donaldson Tan. It is no surprise that TOC recent dramatic drop in article creation coincided with the arrival of their political editor - I dont dare wear a red t-shirt - Ng E-Jay (former contributor to wayangparty).

So pathetic they have become that they resort to reprinting articles from other blogs and even share writers with TR. Case in point:

Not to mention their constant website downtime due to mysterious DDOS attacks and a very generous offer from TR to help them manage their site. Is Kamilul Ashraf linked to TR? You betcha!

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Donaldson Tan"??? What sort of name is that???:confused:

"Donaldson" is a surname which means "son of Donald". It's not supposed to be used as a first name. :eek:

This Singaporean trend of Jackson, Donaldson and all the f-son is so tedious. But I am glad you point it out. keke

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's nice.

All the while I have suspected TR has the gahment as the "hidden hand", now I am even more convinced.

It took out Kent Ridge Review by playing out their main writer, now they took over TOC.

This is getting interesting.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Singaporean trend of Jackson, Donaldson and all the f-son is so tedious. But I am glad you point it out. keke

Not forgetting also those football siao who named their sons using the last name of famous footballers.

At least one boy of a celebrity couple is named Beckham.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

The more unique English names actually go well with Chinese surnames which are short and common. English surnames are the more weighty, that is why they are called 'John' or 'Chris' or 'Jane'.

If someone was called 'Donaldson Beckham', even Americans will laugh.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure the people behind TR would be laughing their heads off when TOC was under DDOS attack.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many Singaporeans have no clue about English names but use them anyway.

Besides using -son surnames as first names, Singaporeans also use shortened nicks like Bob, Dick, Tony, Lisa, Susie as full first names whereas in Britain, US etc. native English-speaking countries Bob is short for Robert, Dick is short for Richard, Tony is short for Anthony, Lisa is short for Elizabeth, Susie is short for Suzanne or Susanna etc. etc. I used to have a neighbour who named his two sons Willie and Wilson without any clue that Willie is short for William and Wilson is a shortened version of Williamson meaning William's son.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till you hear the English names that PRC kids have taken - Jesus, Rockson, Diego, Carter including taking gender specific names by the opposite gender. We are talking about top state schools in China. The rush to engage the western world is tremendous. We used to laugh at the Hong Kongers many years ago and we now have it in Singapore.

The authorities in the West have the right to reject any name for a birth certificate if it is unusual or brings the child into a position of ridicule, I wonder if it applies here and Asia.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best of uniquely Singapore tradition, Ah Boy for a boy, Ah Girl for a girl. Can't argue against that.