• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Picky ah gua S'poreans shun work and kowpeh kowboo blame others

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I shared my experience as an employer to help fellow Singaporeans see things from an employer's point of view

I got a few positive responses for trying to help but the majority of replies were from losers who instead of taking responsibility for their own fate keep blaming others for their own shortcomings and wonder why they remain losers

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=15252&highlight=besotted

Now the mainstream press has reflected what I have been saying for such a long time.

Read the following article from Straits Times. Now do you want to change your attitude or do you want to whine some more and blame others?

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_351132.html

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
March 17, 2009
S'poreans shun service jobs
By Leow Si Wan

All but one of the 12 food outlets say they are finding it tough to get Singaporeans to take on service or kitchen positions. -- PHOTO: ASSOCIATED PRESS

SINGAPOREANS, it seems, will not stand for working on their feet.

The food-and-beverage, retail and service industries are still hiring, but many companies in these sectors report a lack of interest among Singaporeans.

Hard work? Many think so

OF THE 40 people polled by The Straits Times, 35 turned their noses up at kitchen or service positions at restaurants and retail outlets.

On average, a food-and-beverage employee earns between $1,000 and $1,800 a month, and a retail sales assistant between $1,100 and $3,000 a month, depending on qualifications, experience and amount of commission.

Instead, it is the foreigners who are lapping up these jobs.

The Straits Times spoke to 12 fast-food chains, cafes and restaurants and another one dozen retail and service outlets, all of whom were keen on hiring Singaporeans. Among them, they have more than 740 jobs for the taking.

But the problem with these jobs - at least to Singaporeans - is that they come with long hours and a lot of standing during the shift. They also involve working nights, weekends and public holidays.

What these job hunters want: Office jobs and regular hours.

Repeated calls have gone out to Singaporeans to be less picky at a time when layoffs are starting to kick in, but there is a mental block against such jobs.

All but one of the 12 food outlets say they are finding it tough to get Singaporeans to take on service or kitchen positions. Among the retail and service outlets, eight said residents here baulk at front-line positions.

Read the full story in today's edition of The Straits Times.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many jobs available despite the recession but S'poreans are softies, unlike PRC and Burmese who are hardworking, take initiative and listen to instructions.

Without the PRC imports, Singapore would have no future. Hopefully, their children would be as strong as they are and not be made weak by the ah gua S'pore culture that shuns hard work.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am a restaurant owner. I have attracted a lot of criticism but I must tell the truth for Singaporean's sake.

Singaporean workers not willing to work hard and have attitude even if I pay more. Little bit MC, then say waiter cannot do kitchen work and kitchen help cannot collect cash. 10 hours means after 9 hour 45 mins go wash face, pang jio, put on makeup.

PRC and Burmese listen to instructions, take initiative and are grateful for the job.

Of course these are low end jobs between $900 and $1,300. I provide food and lodging so they can save almost the full amount. They spend very little, such as during rest day when they take bus to Botanic Gardens or beach to picnic, and on phone cards to call home

Yes, you sound just like the boss who will tell one employee to perform the jobs of three. It is not about how obedient workers should be, it should be about how humans should be treated. Have you ever treated your workers with the necessary respect as equal human beings even though you may be the boss?

The scales have been tipped in favour of the employers ever since PAP came into power. In a first world country, there must be a balance between the businesses and the workers. The government is there to ensure such a balance but in Singapore, the government is in cahoots with the businesses and they even run most of the businesses.

Is Singapore a first-world country or not? If yes, why are the workers always being threatened? If no, how come someone can come out with a book with a title of "From third world to first"?

For this, only pple with brains will understand. Coward sinkies will not understand this, they only care for themselves and will not think what will happen next.

Those PRC who is willing to do anything will learn those skills and compete with you next time.

Those coward sinkies will be surprised if the kitchen helper that they hired open a restaurant next to them and compete with them. In the end, the sinkie will lose their biz, they do not know how smart PRC are in doing business.

So a coward and a cheapo will get what he deserve in the end.

:eek: Waah! Your point is 100% correct! We already kenna from Suzhou. PRCs damn famous for stealing your business secrets. I got one friend who has to die-die-use middlemen in all his supply chains so that the PRCs cannot figure out his secrets/ profit margins.:eek:

Mister Restaurant Owner is still living in dreamland. His PRCs want to work all aspects of the business to Learn his jue zhao and mifang. NOT because they are such kindhearted souls as to serve their boss.

I am my own boss & i work alone without having to rely on manpower, local or FT. Best of all its recession proof, so i looked forward to a deeper recession. It will bring many down to earth, be humble & appreciate simple things in life.

Last edited:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now the mainstream press has reflected what I have been saying for such a long time.

Read the following article from Straits Times. Now do you want to change your attitude or do you want to whine some more and blame others?

Wake up you moronic dumbass! Nobody reads the shitty times except the 66% when all SPH prints are nothing but PAPee propaganda shit & censorship. People now surfs the www. for the real news!

Only selfish fools like u who liked PAPee FT policies & like to lick PAPee boots will follow your masters blindly.

Last edited:

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wake up you moronic dumbass! Nobody reads the shitty times except the 66% when all SPH prints are nothing but PAPee propaganda shit & censorship. People now surfs the www. for the real news!

Only selfish fools like u who liked PAPee FT policies & like to lick PAPee boots will follow your masters blindly.

gong liao sibei hou! besotted just a "lucky" jass ass while his master still rule tis piece of sunny land...

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wake up you moronic dumbass! Nobody reads the shitty times except the 66%

you have no idea how incredibly dumb the above statement sounds.

nobody = zero

how does 66% of 2-3million = zero?

this forum standards getting lower and lower. i blame it on new management.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again, the state mouthpiece is mocking the voters. If you have the misfortune of coming across these so called foreign talents in the service industry, you'll know why the service sector is still in its doldrums.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_351132.html

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
March 17, 2009
S'poreans shun service jobs
By Leow Si Wan

All but one of the 12 food outlets say they are finding it tough to get Singaporeans to take on service or kitchen positions. -- PHOTO: ASSOCIATED PRESS

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you have no idea how incredibly dumb the above statement sounds.

nobody = zero

how does 66% of 2-3million = zero?

this forum standards getting lower and lower. i blame it on new management.

What kind of standard are u expecting when we have all sorts of pple posting behind a nick? Then why don't u f88king go host a forum yourself so that u can decide whos good to keep & whos not? Lets see how successful u can be :rolleyes:

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal

What kind of standard are u expecting when we have all sorts of pple posting behind a nick? Then why don't u f88king go host a forum yourself so that u can decide whos good to keep & whos not? Lets see how successful u can be :rolleyes:

:oIo::oIo::oIo::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::oIo::oIo::oIo:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Lam worries about ah gua youngsters, writes to Straits Times

Wah lau, when graduates come to my restaurant and eat better ask them to show me cash first, sekali eat already no money to pay

Bloody ah gua youngsters deserve to have it hard in life. I love it. Fuck the ah gua jobless grads

Home > ST Forum > Online Story
Worry over jobless young

I REFER to yesterday's report, 'Grads among worst hit as jobless rate increases'.
A sustained period of economic stagnation will have an adverse impact on our emerging generation, especially those who have done well academically. It can have far-reaching repercussions on our collective future.

An entire generation of young Japanese who entered the labour market in the 1990s shockingly found that their taken-for-granted path of lifetime employment had dissipated in thin air.

Many of them were children who had studied hard to excel in national examinations to qualify for elite universities. If it was during their parents' time, they would have easily secured a lifelong, satisfying career in one of the giant corporations or the civil service. Instead, they settled for odd jobs and part-time work and some continue to be dependent on their parents for subsistence. They were socially classified as the 'lost' generation and many succumbed to mental depression.

Drawing lessons from what happened in Japan, our universities should prepare our students to face the tough times.

More importantly, it would be good to encourage and motivate them to embark on their own entrepreneurial ventures by equipping them with the right know-how.

Dr Edmund Lam

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Society will face more problems as young Singaporeans refuse to take on the many jobs available because they are "hard work".

Youngsters want easy life, but they can't remain unemployed forever, as they need to eat and their parents can't be feeding them forever.

What will happen is that more and more young women will turn to prostutition but because PRC hookers are more in demand than local ones, they will have problems selling even their bodies. Initially there will be a small local markup but after a while people will realise lousy attitude and service and looks and price accordingly.

The young men will turn to crime - white collar crime especially.

Also older people will die earlier of illness because the youngsters have no money to support their parents and even if they do they prefer to have fun than be filial

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Picky say picky lah

Bad atttude say bad attitude lah

KNN not for want for trying?

Hahahahahah

Hope all the Singapore grads stay unemployed forever

All go join downgrader play his fucking guitar on the beach

Hahahah

I love my country, I love it when fresh graduates wake up, otherwise they think everything Number 1, no need work can collect money, think employer to be bullied, ptui!

Home > ST Forum > Online Story
Plight of young grads: Jobless, not for want of trying

I REFER to Monday's report "Grad expectations not so great now".
While those waiting to graduate are worried about securing a job, jobless graduates are looking with trepidation at the competition they would face very soon. I belong to the latter group. I know that I must get a job before the new batch comes out, because if I am unsuccessful, my chances would diminish by half, if not more. After all, the competition would have grown.

Thus, with regard to expectations, I have lowered it to as far as I can go. Armed with an arts degree, I am willing to work shifts, in a non-related industry and with a pay of $1,500 to $1,600. I have visited three career fairs - Creative Industries Fair 2009, Career and Education Fair 2009 and the JobsDB Career Fair 2009 - and applied for several positions within the public sector, and service and creative industries.

I haven't found a job yet. My applications were rejected either because I was "over-qualified" or because I was "inexperienced". My plight, and those of other fresh graduates, is scary indeed.

Aisha Mostafa (Ms)

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
What can local graduates can do to justify asking $1,500

These youngsters are really woolly headed

As parents we have failed, we did not shield them from Western influences and they now grow up as ah guas....