• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya , besides thanks Wuqi for the guidances to buy a house in JB .
I always forgot to thank Bro Jasonjst !! Coz he is the one who recommended this forum when I was browsing in my car forum with regards to buying a house in jb . Without Jasonjst ,I didnt know sammyboy forum exisit !!!!

yes - thanks to him too...he was the one who guided me here too...nowadays dun see him aroundleh!:biggrin:

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand some forumers have interest in commercial properties as well... Not sure if you have heard of the new shoplot launch by Nusa Sentral? I am considering and as such, would really value your inputs, if any... Thanks!

Can u share the price? Also....is it double storey shop lot or 3 or 4 storey?

skyziz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their new 2 storey cluster (Opal) starting from RM568,000 liao :o

I have seen clustered house (35'x65' for around 300 plus K) at Scientek area with deposit claimed to be as low as $200. On second look, I discovered that there were communication lines and towers nearby. I think the project is likely doomed, pity the developer. The show units look quite attractive to me, at least from the apprearance outside.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, from experience of staying in jb for 10 years, if you do not drive,its not that possible to stay in places like hh or leisure farm as u would need to drive out to buy makan.

Agree, its hard if you have to walk out or cycle to get food, East Ledang is good in that regard as its just 15 minutes walk away and
you can literally take the walk to Mydin mart.

The only exception for HH is The Gateway, The Hills where its better now there with limited eateries like Tim Sum, an Indian provisions shop,
childcare centre and a breadshop. Once some of the other shops are opened, then it should get better.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh ya , besides thanks Wuqi for the guidances to buy a house in JB .
I always forgot to thank Bro Jasonjst !! Coz he is the one who recommended this forum when I was browsing in my car forum with regards to buying a house in jb . Without Jasonjst ,I didnt know sammyboy forum exisit !!!!

Glad that you joined because of him. :smile:
Without him, we would not have a gem like you here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Understand some forumers have interest in commercial properties as well... Not sure if you have heard of the new shoplot launch by Nusa Sentral? I am considering and as such, would really value your inputs, if any... Thanks!

Its 3 storey shophouse and foreigners like us can buy. I would stay off that for now as there are other options but i do agree that they are amongst the cheapest for shops currently.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
spidey said:
Can u share the price? Also....is it double storey shop lot or 3 or 4 storey?

Hi Spidey, these are 3 storey lots new launch price rm 960k... What piqued my interest is the positioning of the shoplots as all are facing main road unlike many others where second and third row shops are usually 'dead'...

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi256 said:
Its 3 storey shophouse and foreigners like us can buy. I would stay off that for now as there are other options but i do agree that they are amongst the cheapest for shops currently.

Hi Wuqi, if convenient, would you be able to share which other commercial projects (shoplots mainly) that is worth looking at?

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just a thread starter who thought he found a pot of gold and recognising he only has 2 hands and cannot take everything with him. Since one
can never earn all the money in the world, why not share especially with close family and friends? I did my duty and shared with family first but none
responded. Then i moved on to my closest friends, never gave up on them, still asking them to come out to have a look at this. Some thought i am
a property agent even. Then of course, when i started sharing here, fingers started pointing, saying i benefit, its my trade etc.

Then well meaning people posted stuff as well as maybe not so well meaning people who when they failed to use crime as a deterrence, even tried to use the threat of mosquitoes to scare people from venturing outside SG.

I have until now not sold a single unit, those who know me in real life will know whether i am speaking the truth. I am certainly not a saint but i keep to my promises. Including the unit bought by my relative today, i have now 31 (actually going to be more than 31 shortly ) relatives and close friends who are vested here. Not one owes me anything, i admire all those who had courage to come, even those who came out here and subsequently decided its not for them. Good for you, at least you came, you saw, you decided. You already did your best, if its not for you, at least you tried and came out to see for yourself. Time to consider other options and neighbouring countries or even afar.

I also bought most units subsale so any benefits in terms of pricing was secondary. The forum host will know for sure who are the clones, i only have 1 single login which i use here and never posted with clones on any forums. Probably i take life too seriously at times plus one day, i hope to let my son read it when i am gone.

It probably will give him some insight into somethings his old man never told or shared with him. Both good and bad.

You chicken backside actually younger then me. I am your senior by 3 years as of 2012. Maybe I should buck up and not laid back. I'm going into property agent as the STUPID SSC and PAP are planning to siphon my swimming business without the hardwork of teaching. <Expletive deleted> I submerge myself in water while they siphon commission without work because I use their PUBLIC pool. It is a public pool for goodness sake!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Spidey, these are 3 storey lots new launch price rm 960k... What piqued my interest is the positioning of the shoplots as all are facing main road unlike many others where second and third row shops are usually 'dead'...

Agree, the positioning is really key. In that respect, they have done well. Its just that to spark off enough business, you need more than the folks staying over there. There were also talks of having shops as well over the other side of the road. I was keen at one point but holding off until i know more.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, from experience of staying in jb for 10 years, if you do not drive,its not that possible to stay in places like hh or leisure farm as u would need to drive out to buy makan.

Actually beside eating and taking CW3 to singapore. do you know they actually started operation since 5.30am even on sat?? Guess they need $$ to build their private bus station.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, its hard if you have to walk out or cycle to get food, East Ledang is good in that regard as its just 15 minutes walk away and
you can literally take the walk to Mydin mart.

The only exception for HH is The Gateway, The Hills where its better now there with limited eateries like Tim Sum, an Indian provisions shop,
childcare centre and a breadshop. Once some of the other shops are opened, then it should get better.

Every morning I see folks jogging around 6am along the highway to medini. Every sat and fri night I see bunch of crazy daring folks riding their expensive racer bikes along the road towards nusajaya highway.

Either they siao or fogot that JB is still notorious for robbery.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You chicken backside actually younger then me. I am your senior by 3 years as of 2012. Maybe I should buck up and not laid back. I'm going into property agent as the STUPID SSC and PAP are planning to siphon my swimming business without the hardwork of teaching. <Expletive deleted> I submerge myself in water while they siphon commission without work because I use their PUBLIC pool. It is a public pool for goodness sake!!!!!

Hi danteakc, i am 35 this year. You mean you are 38? We all need to do something to have a better chance.
The 31 i was referring to was for the number of people i personally know who are vested here and influenced
to join the "dark side" :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree bro. In life, should always be adventurous and try out things. Motto is if you don't like it, then don't do it again. Of course this doesn't apply to silly stuffs like playing with fire, causing harm or anything like that.

U r the living example and I'm glad that at least 31 of them listened to you eventually. You have not counted in the many of us here tho. So your achievement is definitely much more than 31 :smile:

I am just a thread starter who thought he found a pot of gold and recognising he only has 2 hands and cannot take everything with him. Since one
can never earn all the money in the world, why not share especially with close family and friends? I did my duty and shared with family first but none
responded. Then i moved on to my closest friends, never gave up on them, still asking them to come out to have a look at this. Some thought i am
a property agent even. Then of course, when i started sharing here, fingers started pointing, saying i benefit, its my trade etc.

Then well meaning people posted stuff as well as maybe not so well meaning people who when they failed to use crime as a deterrence, even tried to use the threat of mosquitoes to scare people from venturing outside SG.

I have until now not sold a single unit, those who know me in real life will know whether i am speaking the truth. I am certainly not a saint but i keep to my promises. Including the unit bought by my relative today, i have now 31 (actually going to be more than 31 shortly ) relatives and close friends who are vested here. Not one owes me anything, i admire all those who had courage to come, even those who came out here and subsequently decided its not for them. Good for you, at least you came, you saw, you decided. You already did your best, if its not for you, at least you tried and came out to see for yourself. Time to consider other options and neighbouring countries or even afar.

I also bought most units subsale so any benefits in terms of pricing was secondary. The forum host will know for sure who are the clones, i only have 1 single login which i use here and never posted with clones on any forums. Probably i take life too seriously at times plus one day, i hope to let my son read it when i am gone.

It probably will give him some insight into somethings his old man never told or shared with him. Both good and bad.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Every morning I see folks jogging around 6am along the highway to medini. Every sat and fri night I see bunch of crazy daring folks riding their expensive racer bikes along the road towards nusajaya highway.

Either they siao or fogot that JB is still notorious for robbery.

Crime happens everywhere unfortunately. People got raped and one got raped plus murdered in Bukit Batok, every day you will still people jogging past that same spot in wee hours of the morning or late at night. Even though the perpetrators of the rape and murder were never ever found (or arrested), people still jog there daily. Just be vigilant and not take unnecessary chances but agree that jogging outside isn't that ideal especially wee hours of the day. Folks there should already have a very large internal compound to jog with already.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea but I like to support the company that came up with the original idea :smile: Unfortunately it seems Dynatrap only runs on 110-120VAC so not suitable for our environment unless one runs a step-down transformer.

The clones may be cheaper but I doubt they will be as reliable/durable nor work as well.

Lots of the clones of this type of devices. Cheap too but the motor may burn out from continued use if turned on continuously for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.