• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi whoami,

Did you get your nick from a computer prog? Everyday when I log on to my office pc, I see a program running with the exact same name.

Anyway that aside, this property you mention, description almost similar to one I visited.

Not sure if it's the same but the sales told me that on S&P they put more than RM500K for the corner unit but will provide a 10% rebate to buyers of their recent launch so the final price is less than RM500K. When I was there, a family driving SG plate placed booking for two units.

On another note, I found out that some developers will handle the maintenance of a taman for the first two years, then later they will hand over this responsibility to a resident committee made up of residents of the taman. The RC so called will then handle the maintenance contract for the guards, cleaning or even building of new facilities within the taman and the maintenance charges. Is this the same practice for all tamans?

Juz the other day I went to this particular precinct. Look see look see. An End lot terrace looks ok but SW facing. Price quoted was M$470K. I told the sales staff I dont tink i qualify cos below threshold n i am a foreigner. She said wait a minute i go check again. Came back told me " u are lucky. My boss decided to peg the price at M$510K now". I asked why is it so? She did reply back ...but i cant remember the reasons. And mind u...practically all the units taken up. Except for some corner terraces with very big extra land..big enough to build another intermediate lot. And some units facing the surau/religious school and power substation...

Precisely!

Sales staff told me so...and I also got the info fm the horses mouth too...

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, did u mean u want mesh + grille or mesh + grille + glass? Do u have intention to replace the glass with grille?

If u want grille + mesh + glass, I think it will be quite thick ...

I can't remember where I saw/read, but you can also ask your contractor or sliding door guy to install an additional piece of metal along the tracks so that the sliding doors cannot be lifted out.

I like the Majestec mesh, but would need to see how effective or how strong is the mesh. Will probably install it for the windows and doors; and additional grill for the ground floor. My idea is to discourage would-be robbers when they see the grill. Because if other houses has grill and mine doesn't have; high chance the robber will wanna try robbing my house because it looks easier.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, did u mean u want mesh + grille or mesh + grille + glass? Do u have intention to replace the glass with grille?

If u want grille + mesh + glass, I think it will be quite thick ...
Yup, bro u got it right. Mesh+glass on top floor and grill+mesh+glass on selected ground floor openings. It's just an idea; haven't thought about the practicality or cost yet... Heheh

Since I plan to extend out the side of my corner unit, my wife French doors to open into the garden. I wasn't supportive of the idea because it creates another opening that I need to secure. Then we saw a house with a shutter-type cover like u see in shops where they pull down the shutter from the top. That might work to secure the French doors at night, and in the day time the shutters are hidden.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow bro, that's quite some designing to do! I hope all these features will blend in well together for u ...

If u want a shutter, I think roller shutter will be a better option because it takes up much lesser space.

Yup, bro u got it right. Mesh+glass on top floor and grill+mesh+glass on selected ground floor openings. It's just an idea; haven't thought about the practicality or cost yet... Heheh

Since I plan to extend out the side of my corner unit, my wife French doors to open into the garden. I wasn't supportive of the idea because it creates another opening that I need to secure. Then we saw a house with a shutter-type cover like u see in shops where they pull down the shutter from the top. That might work to secure the French doors at night, and in the day time the shutters are hidden.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
HI EDTBA,
Not alot of active bros staying in SEG besides us.. cathy & AP stays in Tropika while one bro recently bot Eco Cascadia..
Think for a corner unit, that is a good price based on current unit availability..

Usually it will be completed ard 1-3 months earlier so keep your fingers crossed..
Is your unit facing the road into precinct or facing Liviana?

Cheers

My unit is facing North-North-West and facing the main road. Liviana is behind. It is also a bit elevated so I get some nice views of the surrounding ponds and gardens.

I'm sure there are more Singaporeans who have bought into SEG but are probably not in this forum. Regardless, I hope to make some new friends in the neighbourhood no matter where they come from.

Cheers.

Last edited:

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey bro bbbear, I like No 4. I'll be extending my house to the side to create 2 rooms, level 1 & 2. Level 1 room will be my AV room, while upstairs will be another bedroom or walk-in wardrobe.

So your house is corner.. for me no more extension.. cause i guess the house is already quite big (3000+ sqft).

My idea of making the house more classy look will be more spent on bathroom (tiles and fittings), lightings and furniture.
Was shopping ard ION and there was this shop - Proof of Living.. damn high class/expensive furniture... a sofa cost >S$20 000.. hahaha..

Sad to say, JB furniture style still very "uncle" so.. will be difficult to look for what i like.. simple yet earthy.

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal

that's always the problem house in JB... security concerns.. the house will be look so nice without the grills and gates... you wanna create a resort feel with wooden flooring, nice arm chair and green plants.. but all this is sort of affected by the bulky grill there.. hahaha...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
For classy items, Viva home will be a great place for one-stop solution for homes

http://www.vivahome.com.my/v1/aboutus.html

But it's in KL .... But still worthwhile if can buy everything at one shot and deliver only once ... Economy of scale :smile:

So your house is corner.. for me no more extension.. cause i guess the house is already quite big (3000+ sqft).

My idea of making the house more classy look will be more spent on bathroom (tiles and fittings), lightings and furniture.
Was shopping ard ION and there was this shop - Proof of Living.. damn high class/expensive furniture... a sofa cost >S$20 000.. hahaha..

Sad to say, JB furniture style still very "uncle" so.. will be difficult to look for what i like.. simple yet earthy.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
rogue1109; On another note said:
Yes, they will do that, however for our case, after 2 years the developer is still looking after this, at least for now. Actually i prefer it that way even though good and well intentioned bros here have asked us to join in to form a committee, i would rather have it managed by the developer as long as possible. Good people may
sell/move out and there is just too much associated with runnining things well, etc.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, am new here :smile: ' wave ' hello :smile: what about Seri Austin Property ? Terrace on top of the hill

Hi, personally I prefer Austin Heights development. If I had the budget, I would have gone for the Austin Heights top-of-the-hill bungalow (fully furnished) at RM 4.8m...... It remains a pipe dream though........haha

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi whoami,

Did you get your nick from a computer prog? Everyday when I log on to my office pc, I see a program running with the exact same name. Really?:smile:
Anyway that aside, this property you mention, description almost similar to one I visited.

Not sure if it's the same but the sales told me that on S&P they put more than RM500K for the corner unit but will provide a 10% rebate to buyers of their recent launch so the final price is less than RM500K. When I was there, a family driving SG plate placed booking for two units. The sales staff told me no more rebates as the sales launch over leow. Those unsold one they are relaunching them again. Hench I have to purchase it at RM$470K. But she told me her Boss decided to sell it at RM$510K. No rebates. No discounts. The example u posted there reminded me of a case which I nearly committed it. But my Mrs turn down the good deal. Good deal cos the unit was supposed to be something like RM$525K. But since developer (Setia Gp) decided to give discount, the net price was RM$488K. It was a end lot, but extra land only 10' if not mistaken. And that unit was the last one sold below M$500K threshold. Doubt i can get such unit as such price ever again fm this developer.

On another note, I found out that some developers will handle the maintenance of a taman for the first two years, then later they will hand over this responsibility to a resident committee made up of residents of the taman. The RC so called will then handle the maintenance contract for the guards, cleaning or even building of new facilities within the taman and the maintenance charges. Is this the same practice for all tamans? Wuqi point worth mentioned it again. Yes, I prefer that the developers handle the maintenance stuff.

Theres this showroom corner unit at BI. Worth buying it. But last time i checked with the sales staff, i am 6th on the queue. Hmmm....:o:(

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros and sis here. Does anyone know whether is it legal to bring a sabre 关刀 in and out of jb & Singapore customs on a regular basis? How to go about doing it in a legal way?

Thanks for any info. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Guan dao is a halberd and in a sense a pole arm where a dao is a side arm.
Is it for wushu practice? You definitely don't need that (guan dao) for self defence.

Importing a live weapon (live blade, carbon/folded steel) to MY needs a lot of hassle.

To SG as well, you need an import license in advance else they will confiscate
it and you will have to go to A&E branch to let them inspect and collect it.
20 SGD for the license each time it comes in to SG. They will also check to see if its
sharpened, etc. To many, a sharp blade = dangerous blade. Not really true as even
a katana for Iaido practice can still pierce a person when used to stab.

For long term, its good to have an import license for these. Compound, recurve
bows have no issues. Chainsaws, yes you definitely need.

There was once a shop in Novena Square i think, they sold so many types of
heavy duty items in there that a Diablo 2 fan would go crazy.

If its wushu weapon, just have it wrapped and appropriately marked as such.
It will be much easier to get in and out.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, personally I prefer Austin Heights development. If I had the budget, I would have gone for the Austin Heights top-of-the-hill bungalow (fully furnished) at RM 4.8m...... It remains a pipe dream though........haha

Always good to have dreams and then work slowly and surely towards it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Today rained cats and dogs, sudden freakish weather. Was rushing during my lunch hour to pass some income documents from a friend to a developer.
Didn't bring umbrella and ran through the pelting rain to speak to the developer guys. Declined any cash incentive but asked them to see if they can
waive off any levy for my SG friends but no joy even though we bought so many.

Quick experience on levy to share:

Levy - Government levies 10k across the board for residential, commercial and industrial
Rumour - There is still an ongoing rumour that the government may up the levy soon
Levy will apply regardless whether you have 9 Malaysians, even just 1 foreigner name and
you will be subject to that
Again, Malaysians and companies in Malaysia are not subject to levy.
Commercial loans - Easier and better rates, etc to apply individually rather than using company.

Status
Not open for further replies.