• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks, and to cameraman & teck.

i just did a google.. got to this link.
http://www.economywatch.com/interest-rates/malaysia-interest-rates-(my).html

quoting "The Base Lending Rate (BLR) in Malaysia reached its peak at 12.27% in 1998 and the lowest it ever fell to was 6%."

let's say we have a 500k loan. a 12% would be 60k per yr right?

You have to consider the loan term.

Try out this link to calculate the loan to get an idea:
http://www.anz.com/aus/personal/home-loans/calculators-tools/calculate-my-repayments/default.asp

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back in the mid 90s, if I recall correctly, the interest rates for mortgage loans in Malaysia went as high as 16-17%! Or maybe 12-13%?
Definitely double digits back then... maybe others from that era could recall?

In recent years, Indian interest rates were in the teens but they had inflationary pressures.
Nearer to home, Ozland and Kiwiland are in that region too.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Nusa Idaman

Hi,

I will be going Nusa Idaman tomorrow for the first time.
Can any great residence there provide me with clue on what to look at such as:
- Why is it so great as compared to others?
- Which precinct or corner should be favorable or avoid?

I know, many would ask me to read over 700 pages this discussion. But I have no time to complete it by tonight.
A summary from kind brothers and sisters are real welcomed :wink:

Hi Idaman, I'm not a resident in NI yet, but I've 2 corner units there in P8A and P8B. Please be clear that NI is not the best or greatest; there are pros and cons to it... similar to others like HH, EL, LF, etc... I'll share why I bought it, and not other places
- It was affordable, a corner unit cost RM500k or RM665k compared to house in EL/HH where an intermediate unit can cost more than RM650k, at the time that we went to check in Dec 2010.
- NI P8 is touted as the premium precinct in NI, and the guardhouse and entrance is very nice.
- Coming from SG 2nd Link, access to NI is fast and easy.
- NI is located near to many amenities, such as Jusco, Tesco, Giant

As to which precinct/unit is favorable, it depends on your on preferences. Of course most people would prefer North/South facing units if you get an intermediate unit and if you get corner unit, get a north-facing unit to avoid the afternoon sun shining into ur living room from the side.

There are not many corner units; I think maybe even nil. As for end-lots, you may still be able to find some. There are showhouses for units in 8B, 7A and 7B. I like the size in 7B (24x80), but that precinct only has intermediate and end-lots; the one and only corner lot is a bumi lot. Go have a look and I wish you all the best in your search.

Happy New Year.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

╭⌒╮ ❤ ❤╭⌒╮☀✨
╭⌒╭⌒╮╭⌒╮~❤
,❤︶︶︶︶ ︶~~❤✨
╬ ╱◥███◣❤✨
╬ ︱田︱田 田 ︱╬╬╬

2⃣0⃣1⃣2⃣ is here...! May you have a blissful , prosperous & lovely New Year ! ! !.. ㊗ All the best to you & your loved ones & hope this New Year will bring you lots of Happiness , Joy & Good Health ! ! ! .. Happy New Year ! ! ! ✨✨ ☀✨

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy New Year Wuqi, Bros and Sisters! Best Wishes to all for 2012 and thanks for all your sharings, encouragement and advice.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Legoland

Just bought 2 adults + 2 kids annual pass to legoland...RM707 all in...hopefully no delays to the opening..

cheers.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just bought 2 adults + 2 kids annual pass to legoland...RM707 all in...hopefully no delays to the opening..

cheers.

When I bought last week, they just give me a booking confirmation, no need to fill up names of the person particulars, is that all you get also?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I bought last week, they just give me a booking confirmation, no need to fill up names of the person particulars, is that all you get also?

Seems to b close to our universal price lo, expected when Legoland opening?? Thanks

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal

My apology, just realized it's annual pass, sorry sorry. And terms n conditions? Like block up date??

They are a bit disorganise, legoland contracted AirAsiaRedTix as their ticketing agent and it seems that the ticketing agent is not ready for the job, that is why I only got a booking confirmation, no need to fill in particulars of the person in the annual pass??? This is what I get:

Please print the PDF e-ticket and present at the door to gain admission into the concert hall. You are required to produce your ID for validation purpose upon admission.

Your order has been registered as follows:

Order number : XXXXXX

My Tickets

Event: LEGOLAND Malaysia Pre-Opening Annual Pass On: Fri 23/Dec/11 08:00 AM at: Legoland Malaysia, JB

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are a bit disorganise, legoland contracted AirAsiaRedTix as their ticketing agent and it seems that the ticketing agent is not ready for the job, that is why I only got a booking confirmation, no need to fill in particulars of the person in the annual pass??? This is what I get:

Please print the PDF e-ticket and present at the door to gain admission into the concert hall. You are required to produce your ID for validation purpose upon admission.

My Tickets

Event: LEGOLAND Malaysia Pre-Opening Annual Pass On: Fri 23/Dec/11 08:00 AM at: Legoland Malaysia, JB

You only need 1 name to buy whole family worth of e-tickets, but need to exchange for the Actual annual passes tagged to individuals when legoland opens.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

My Tickets

Yes. same same. just print out the PDF doc, bring the passports and they will issue the actual pass at the gate. So too bad,..non-transferable..haha.

cheers.

idaman

Hi Idaman, I'm not a resident in NI yet, but I've 2 corner units there in P8A and P8B. Please be clear that NI is not the best or greatest; there are pros and cons to it... similar to others like HH, EL, LF, etc... I'll share why I bought it, and not other places
- It was affordable, a corner unit cost RM500k or RM665k compared to house in EL/HH where an intermediate unit can cost more than RM650k, at the time that we went to check in Dec 2010.
- NI P8 is touted as the premium precinct in NI, and the guardhouse and entrance is very nice.
- Coming from SG 2nd Link, access to NI is fast and easy.
- NI is located near to many amenities, such as Jusco, Tesco, Giant

As to which precinct/unit is favorable, it depends on your on preferences. Of course most people would prefer North/South facing units if you get an intermediate unit and if you get corner unit, get a north-facing unit to avoid the afternoon sun shining into ur living room from the side.

There are not many corner units; I think maybe even nil. As for end-lots, you may still be able to find some. There are showhouses for units in 8B, 7A and 7B. I like the size in 7B (24x80), but that precinct only has intermediate and end-lots; the one and only corner lot is a bumi lot. Go have a look and I wish you all the best in your search.

Happy New Year.

Hi vincentck,

thanks for your sharing.
I went to Nusa Idaman today and I did not feel the X-Factor as I felt in Horizon Hill.
There was just a wow factor in HH. It could be the golf course that makes me us feel so. The advantage of NI is the price about 20% cheaper.
Today my wife said: She still prefers to retire in Singapore hahaha
Because everything is so near. Over there we may have nice luxury greenery,low density housing. But after awhile she'll feel bored and would also like to walk out to buy some groceries.
And she feels it is inconvenient to do that in Malaysia.

We had a bad experience today in JUSCO.
There was an Ahbeng Malaysian which took over our parking slot while I tried to reverse park my car.
I went out and I asked him why he did so. He said, he has been watching the slot from far away. Yes, I said that means the whole carpark belong to u just by watching while our car was nearest to the slot.
Anyway if I didn't bring my wife and son. I would probably whack him with my Rattan Stick which I bought in Melacca
RattanStick.jpg

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

You only need 1 name to buy whole family worth of e-tickets, but need to exchange for the Actual annual passes tagged to individuals when legoland opens.

When I bought last week, they sent 4 "e-tickets" to me all under my IC number. But each one has its own bar-code.

Important Notice:
1. Payment made is non-refundable if the LEGOLAND Malaysia’s Annual Pass is not redeemed.
2. Management reserves the right to alter, amend, delete or add to the stated terms and conditions or withdraw
this promotion at anytime without prior notice.
3. Redemption for LEGOLAND Malaysia’s Annual Pass is valid from the Grand Opening date until 31 December
2012. No extension is allowed.
4. Redemption may be denied if your e-ticket is damaged, torn, faded or cannot be scanned or verified.
5. For multiple e-ticket purchasers, ensure each e-ticket is presented to redeem the annual pass.
6. Purchaser of Annual Pass is responsible to ensure that no copies are made. Each ticket has a unique code
that can be redeemed only once.
7. With the purchase of LEGOLAND Malaysia's Annual Pass, guest is bound under the stipulated Terms and
Conditions of the Membership.
8. This e-ticket entitles for ONE (1) LEGOLAND Malaysia's Annual Pass (Adult / Child / Senior Citizen)
Membership that is valid until 31 December 2013.
9. In the event of e-ticket fraud or duplication, LEGOLAND Malaysia reserves the right to refuse any entry to all
e-ticket holders.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

My apology, just realized it's annual pass, sorry sorry. And terms n conditions? Like block up date??

Yep annual. whole lot cheaper than USS...also USS rides are 'too exciting' for my 3 kids...Legoland is easier on the heart..haha..

no indication of block out dates..i also dont want to go during those dates which are normally super-peak time.

My advise is if u have kids below 12, BUY!! before the promotion period is up..they did talk about reducing price for day passes cos Msians feel ex etc...but most likely if any reduction is only for M'sians..Foreigners definitely will have to pay the full price...so dont need to wait...cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah I was thinking how they separate under two names under one purchaser's name. Being the smart me, I used two credit cards to buy two separate tickets so that it's tagged under different name. Found out that the confirmation slip doesn't even specify the name. Oh, being smart, I lost additional RM 5 for an additional booking lol

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

It says Malaysian can get rm30 off the daily ticket of rm140. Still a lot for a local family. Must keep an eye on the hello kitty theme park, will post if I see any promo.

Yep annual. whole lot cheaper than USS...also USS rides are 'too exciting' for my 3 kids...Legoland is easier on the heart..haha..

no indication of block out dates..i also dont want to go during those dates which are normally super-peak time.

My advise is if u have kids below 12, BUY!! before the promotion period is up..they did talk about reducing price for day passes cos Msians feel ex etc...but most likely if any reduction is only for M'sians..Foreigners definitely will have to pay the full price...so dont need to wait...cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.