• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
And tickle their bellys!!!! Hehehehehe

Will we ever get to see u performing the belly tickling act with the orang utan? :biggrin:

I started thinking of landed house because of dog.. Bought a dog but no place for it to run around in an apartment. Eventually give it to some dog lover living in a big landed house.
Maybe when I retire one day, I will want to work for the zoo.. and take care of elephants, lions, cleaning their backie and teasing their arm pits...

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
More info on the tinting standard in Malaysia in the link

And there is a special exemption where one can apply under the reason of security threat. Not sure if this exemption is applicable to the general public though, especially foreigners like sinkies ....

http://portal.jpj.gov.my/index.php?...lap&catid=20:penguatkuasaan&Itemid=45&lang=en

Bros,

Guidelines from Malaysia's JPJ summarised visually by this co...

http://www.sunshine.com.my/sungard/howdark_PD_automotive.html
JPJ%20rules.jpg

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
All election blah blah only... just like the EDL, make some noise out of nothing necessary just to show they care for the people

Funny enough I did not think JB to be mimicking Singapore but the article has drawn its uncanny parallels - - foreigners buying property driving prices up.

Difference is JB people welcome it.

Don't worry the article was hitting Klang Valley and Penang, definitely not Iskandar for two reasons:

1/ Klang Valley and Penang prices have become quite high. JB still got a long way to go....

2/ Nusajaya was precisely to do that, to draw the Singapore market, and part of the attraction is property price appreciation. Have you visited Nusajayacity.com recently? I noticed the repositioning of Nusajaya as complementary to Singapore. http://www.nusajayacity.com/nusajaya_features.php

Nusajaya is run by IRDA and the Federal gov.

Calm,,, All election blah blah only.

Another related news about this ... In particular, the last few paragraphs

The unfair advantage
Foreigners, with their higher currency exchange, are competing with the locals in the landed housing market.

The hike in property prices of the last two years should be a good enough reason to pull out all the plugs that have stifled home ownership among the people.

House prices in the property hot spots of Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya and Penang have way surpassed the affordability level of the average Malaysians and more proactive measures are needed to extend a helping hand to them.

The latest statistics contained in the Property Market Report 2011 by the National Property Information Centre showed that average house prices climbed 6.6% in the fourth quarter of 2011.

Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Donald Lim rightly pointed out that the Government was worried of the emergence of a real estate bubble and did not want a United States sub-prime mortgage crisis in Malaysia.

The situation has to be addressed urgently before the high property prices cause more hardship to the people. Any further hike in housing prices will aggravate the climbing cost of living and derail efforts to promote home ownership.

Bank Negara's measures to rein in rising property prices and deter speculative property buying, including a maximum loan-to-value ratio of 70% for third-time mortgage borrowers and using net personal income calculation instead of gross income to decide on the quantum of loan approved, are showing results.

Banks should be prudent in their lending practices and if the speculative buying persist, tighter lending measures, like a further lowering of the LVR for multiple mortgage borrowers, should be implemented to nip property speculation in the bud.

However, first-time house buyers should be made a priority sector and they should be granted full financing if they met the lending conditions.

To ensure the home ownership programme will be a success, the efforts have to be undertaken holistically with the ultimate objective of making it easy and affordable for all households to own at least a home each.

The programme needs a masterplan that looks into the overall supply and demand scenario in the property market, and should not be undertaken on a piecemeal basis.

Given the importance of the family unit to the well-being of the country's social fabric, ensuring that every household has at least a house of their own will have many spillover benefits for the overall good of the country.

To address the supply side, sufficient land should be allocated to be developed into affordable housing townships that offer well-planned housing units priced between RM200,000 and RM400,000.

Instead of having different authorities or agencies, a dedicated umbrella body in the like of a National Housing Board should be responsible for all the Government's affordable housing initiatives to plan and execute projects for the 1Malaysia Housing Scheme and My First Home Scheme.

A closer scrutiny on the demand side points to the fact that besides strong buying interest by local purchasers, there has been an influx of foreign buyers, including from the Middle East and China, who have been snapping up local properties, thus contributing to the sharp spike in prices.

The situation is further compounded by the market cooling measures undertaken by governments in Singapore, China and Hong Kong to stem price hikes in their property markets.

Besides making it difficult and costly for their own nationals to buy multiple properties, strict conditions have been meted out on foreign buyers.

Last December, Singapore imposed a 10% stamp duty on foreign buyers to control the high number of foreign purchases.

The aim is to prevent property prices from boiling over which may lead to mayhem in the market should a property bubble happen.

Having seen the effect of the spiralling property prices in raising the cost of living,

I believe the holistic measures to contain property prices in our country should include some form of curbs on purchases by foreigners.

In view of the strong interest for landed housing units and sharp price hikes in this product segment, foreign purchasers should be disallowed from buying landed residential properties, except the super high-end ones.

Like in Singapore, landed housing projects, except the super high-end projects on Sentosa island, is made a critical sector that is only exclusive to the local buyers.

Foreigners should only be allowed to buy high-rise properties that are priced at more than RM1mil and multi million ringgit landed housing.

With these measures, the foreigners with their higher foreign exchange advantage will not be competing with the locals in the high demand landed housing sector which is one of the reasons driving prices to the current high levels today.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro avalon74,

Just a thought. My bro-in-law's place in Malaysia had a leak in the water tank in the roof and it was shorting out the wires in the ceiling, esp the one leading to the fan on the second floor landing. So the power kept tripping but had to really troubleshoot to find that out.

Suggest you turn off all the individual circuit breakers at both the second floor and the main one at the ground floor. Then turn on the main ELCB (the large circuit breaker on the ground floor). Then slowly turn on each breaker one by one. See if any trips. Then try turning on the upstairs breakers again one at a time to see which line is tripping.

This should be able to at least figure out which floor or line is causing the trip. Then its easier to find out the appliance or cause of it.

Cheers

Bro Marineblue911,
Thanks for your advise, for my case, the tripping is for the main CB (the one with the test pushbutton) on the ground floor..
The other thing is that the tripping is intermittent hencedunno when it will trip again.. (sometimes half an hr, sometimes more than 5 hrs)

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again, i hope this doesn't come, as it is there are already so many who needs a place to stay. Then again rental here is still relatively at a good price but most asians prefer their own place at the end of the day.

Think the debate will take a while before they implement..
I bot the SEG unit in Nov 09 also bcos Setia claimed that the gahmen will increase to 500K in next 2 months.. in the end it dragged for more than 1 year before its implemented..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Think the debate will take a while before they implement..
I bot the SEG unit in Nov 09 also bcos Setia claimed that the gahmen will increase to 500K in next 2 months.. in the end it dragged for more than 1 year before its implemented..

I really hope so too, have a childhood friend whom i care very much for, maybe i will try again to bring him here. This time, more earnestly.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I started thinking of landed house because of dog.. Bought a dog but no place for it to run around in an apartment. Eventually give it to some dog lover living in a big landed house.
Maybe when I retire one day, I will want to work for the zoo.. and take care of elephants, lions, cleaning their backie and teasing their arm pits...

Actually originally me too! :smile:
I think the guys at the exotic shop are always looking for partners. Who knows, join them and be an active partner at the shop when you are retired.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
2/ Nusajaya was precisely to do that, to draw the Singapore market, and part of the attraction is property price appreciation. Have you visited Nusajayacity.com recently? I noticed the repositioning of Nusajaya as complementary to Singapore. http://www.nusajayacity.com/nusajaya_features.php

Amazing! If I did not look at the website or banner, I could have sworn that it was an article written to heap praises on Singapore. But it is a good move. As long as Singapore continues to grow, Nusajaya will ride on the coat tails!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Heard someones car was the target of crime at Safra in Tampines? Crime is everywhere, just need to be vigilant, lock up properly and don't display cashcard, etc.
Even motorcycles are not safe, luckily in this case they managed to find it in the end:
http://www.facebook.com/singaporepoliceforce?sk=notes#!/note.php?note_id=10150764080414468

Just saw this useful advisory:

Dear Vehicle Owners,

CRIME PREVENTION ADVISORY – THEFT FROM VEHICLE

Several cases of Theft from vehicle were reported in Simei estate, Tampines St 11 and Tampines St 22 estates recently. The culprit(s) would smash the car windows and take away valuables such as cash, coins and cashcards from the vehicle. These crimes were usually committed in the early hours of the night.

2 Police have since stepped up our patrols in the affected areas. You can minimise the risk of being a victim by adopting the following crime prevention measures:

a. Park your vehicle in a well-lit location;
b. Secure the windows and doors of your vehicle, even if it is left unattended for a short while;
c. Install a vehicle alarm system;
d. Remove all valuables and cashcard from the IU when you leave your vehicle;
e. Do not leave the spare key inside the vehicle and keep cash out of sight so as not to attract attention; and
f. Keep a lookout for any suspicious person(s) loitering around parked or unattended vehicles in your neighbourhood.

3 If you are keen to play a part in making your estate a safer place to live in, you can participate in the Citizens-On-Patrol (COP) initiative. Please contact Changi Neighbourhood Police Centre at 1800 – 6587 2999 to find out more about the COP initiative. If you have any information relating to a crime or wish to report suspicious person(s) loitering around our neighbourhood, do not hesitate to contact Changi Neighbourhood Police Centre or dial 999 for urgent Police assistance.

Yours faithfully,

DSP KOH TEE MENG
COMMANDING OFFICER
CHANGI NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICE CENTRE
BEDOK POLICE DIVISION

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Amazing! If I did not look at the website or banner, I could have sworn that it was an article written to heap praises on Singapore. But it is a good move. As long as Singapore continues to grow, Nusajaya will ride on the coat tails!

Agree, they are on a mutually beneficial route as long as things stay on course.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh, was there a gathering in this forum?

Haven't taken place yet to the best of my knowledge. You know what, we should just PM some of us and arrange for a lunch or coffee at Station One cafe or something. PM like 10 persons and then no sharing of their nicks. Just meet and have a relaxing time and have a common code to identify oneself.

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard someones car was the target of crime at Safra in Tampines? Crime is everywhere, just need to be vigilant, lock up properly and don't display cashcard, etc.
Even motorcycles are not safe, luckily in this case they managed to find it in the end:

There is crime every where. But in some places, they are briefly reported. Not sure if anyone knows more about this incident. No follow-ups since this report over the weekend.

Man injured in armed robbery attack in Choa Chu Kang
Posted: 07 April 2012 2212 hrs

SINGAPORE: A man in his late-20s was wounded in an apparent armed robbery attack in Choa Chu Kang Saturday evening.

Police said the man suffered multiple cuts to his body and was sent to the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.

Police were alerted to the incident at 5.00pm at Block 687-B Choa Chu Kang Drive.

Channel NewsAsia understands two men were involved in the attack.

Police investigations are ongoing.

- CNA/cc

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There is crime every where. But in some places, they are briefly reported. Not sure if anyone knows more about this incident. No follow-ups since this report over the weekend.

Man injured in armed robbery attack in Choa Chu Kang
Posted: 07 April 2012 2212 hrs

SINGAPORE: A man in his late-20s was wounded in an apparent armed robbery attack in Choa Chu Kang Saturday evening.

Police said the man suffered multiple cuts to his body and was sent to the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.

Police were alerted to the incident at 5.00pm at Block 687-B Choa Chu Kang Drive.

Channel NewsAsia understands two men were involved in the attack.

Police investigations are ongoing.

- CNA/cc

Ok this is serious, i think have to be extra vigilant these days no matter where one goes.
On another note, saw a Woodlands bus accident being mentioned in another thread some
where, seriously hope that is just a hoax especially when it says mowed down, etc.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haven't taken place yet to the best of my knowledge. You know what, we should just PM some of us and arrange for a lunch or coffee at Station One cafe or something. PM like 10 persons and then no sharing of their nicks. Just meet and have a relaxing time and have a common code to identify oneself.

Everyone could bring a durian and have a party! :smile:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok this is serious, i think have to be extra vigilant these days no matter where one goes.
On another note, saw a Woodlands bus accident being mentioned in another thread some
where, seriously hope that is just a hoax especially when it says mowed down, etc.

No hoax. A fact-fact.

Boy hit by SMRT bus in Woodlands
By Fann Sim | Yahoo! Newsroom – 4 hours ago

A boy was hit by an SMRT bus in Woodlands on Monday afternoon. (Yahoo! file photo)
(Updated at 7:11pm: Boy's age corrected.)

A schoolboy was hit by an SMRT bus in Woodlands on Monday.

SMRT bus service 912 was turning left at the junction of Woodlands Avenue 6 and Woodlands Drive 53 when it knocked a 9-year-old boy down.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they received a call at 2:53pm informing them of an accident and they then dispatched assistance to the scene.

The boy sustained a fracture in his right ankle and was conscious when he was sent to the KK Hospital at 3:09pm, said an SCDF spokesperson.

An SMRT spokesperson told Yahoo! Singapore that SMRT’s Bus Operation Command Centre (BOCC) was notified of the accident at 3:00pm and immediately activated an ambulance. There were about 28 passengers on board the bus during the time of incident and no passenger was injured.

“The Service Leader has been suspended from duty,” said SMRT.

They will be assisting the family in every way they can, SMRT added.

The incident comes four days after an SBS bus hit and killed a woman crossing the road at the junction of Sengkang East Way and Compassvale Road.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It makes me wonder about the conspiracy theory circulating the web about how PRC drivers are trying to get out of their labour contract by committing misdeameanor. Wondering if there's any truth in it now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, luckily no death but our roads are quickly becoming a death trap.

I have done this years before but again i strongly urge everyone not to use mobile phones or to listen to your ipods, etc when crossing the road and not to dash across without even looking. Cyclists too as i noticed so many zig zagging and not obeying traffic rules. Again, there are yet no known iphone/ipad apps for stopping an incoming vehicle.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/10-year-old-boy-hit-by-smrt-bus.html

SMRT bus service 912 was turning left at the junction of Woodlands Avenue 6 and Woodlands Drive 53 when it knocked a 9-year-old boy down.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they received a call at 2:53pm informing them of an accident and they then dispatched assistance to the scene.

The boy sustained a fracture in his right ankle and was conscious when he was sent to the KK Hospital at 3:09pm, said an SCDF spokesperson.

An SMRT spokesperson told Yahoo! Singapore that SMRT’s Bus Operation Command Centre (BOCC) was notified of the accident at 3:00pm and immediately activated an ambulance. There were about 28 passengers on board the bus during the time of incident and no passenger was injured.

The incident comes four days after an SBS bus hit and killed a woman crossing the road at the junction of Sengkang East Way and Compassvale Road.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No hoax. A fact-fact.

Boy hit by SMRT bus in Woodlands
By Fann Sim | Yahoo! Newsroom – 4 hours ago

A boy was hit by an SMRT bus in Woodlands on Monday afternoon. (Yahoo! file photo)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It makes me wonder about the conspiracy theory circulating the web about how PRC drivers are trying to get out of their labour contract by committing misdeameanor. Wondering if there's any truth in it now.

Thanks alot for sharing, i found it as well. Someone also just sent me this:

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20120222-329463.html

Vans and other commercial vehicles are travelling too fast these days, in the link of the case, it appears its worse as it was a drink driving case.
No matter how safe people want to paint our roads to be, just remember all roads are inherently dangerous and regardless of your political outlook,
everyone is fair game to dangerous driving. Now i understand why years ago, my foreign classmates will take such a long time to cross the roads
while locals just cross nonchalently.

When will people realise that when you are crossing/running/jaywalking, even if the person hits you, at most he/she goes to jail for a short while and
can carry on with life. You on the other hand, will be likely maimed or dead. He may be wrong but you will be dead so please be careful when crossing
the roads. One time after the CTE tunnel while exiting to Cairnhill, an ang moh just dashed out and then walked slowly in the middle, i tooted my horn
to warn the guys behind me but he thought i was beeping him. Showed me the finger and casually walked and was almost hit by another car who was
not going to slow down like me. I horned again and luckily the driver behind me (who was moving from left lane to overtake me) saw him as well and
he did an emergency brake, luckily no car behind him else it would have been bad.

That driver did not horn him at all but probably would have taken his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.