• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
About the jams at tuas and woodlands causeway.
I think that is keeping my family from staying in JB, especially when we have 2 young kids.

However, it would be a different scene if in the future....
- majority of people travel by public transport due to high cost of owning cars
- no jams at causeway if you go in via MRT

So for me, If I buy, I am banking on the eventual linking of MRt at Woodlands by 2018.
If that happens, and Johor really link up from JB Sentral to other parts of Nusajaya, property price will shoot up because it becomes viable to live in JB.
Even if they do not link up the MRT within Nusajaya and only have the MRt link from woodlands to JB Sentral, it is still viable since a car in JB is affordable but a car in Sg is not. So within SG we take MRT but once reach JB, we drive our Malaysian car. That could be the new norm come 2018?

i believe the above scenario - Singaporeans, Malaysians & Expats living in JB but working in Singapore - can be a win-win for both Johor and Singapore and thus would not be dis-encouraged by both governments.
From Sg perspective, it is good because
- companies are still in singapore and thus providing jobs and tax income for Sg
- prevent overcrowding (of roads/ bus/ MRT/shopping malls) as we further increase our GDP & create more jobs
- able to attract more FT as cost of living may now be lowered for them
- prevent property bubble due to over demand & limited supply

From Malaysia perspective, it is good because obviously will bring $$$ into their economy through more spendings (food, cars, property, etc).

Maybe those companies also move to Nusajaya lor ? Then save everybody the trouble of comuting in and out

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH is good that you have listed your grievances here so as to allow users to be fully informed about their living in jb choice. I think there are a lot of people who may be too mesmerized by the houses & 'savings'etc to look beyond at the feasibility in terms of the commute. Having said that I have also done both causeway and tuas.

Now that I live near to the 2nd link side, my challenge (and joy) is to maximize fuel efficiency since the route has almost no traffic lights and its expressway all the way. Long ago, I average about 13.1km/L now I can consistently hit 16.1km/L I was thinking what extra I spend on the tolls, I want to get back from further petrol savings. I stay on the slow lanes and glide through taking my time and spend about 35-40minutes from the moment I step out to reaching Clementi area. I want to see if I can hit 18km/L, it would be a record for the conti car I'm driving (who says commute is boring :biggrin:).

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys

whats the bank loan interest like ?
my sales gal never answer me directly

Question: Whats the bank interest rate at the moment ?
Reply : If you willing to get 85% , only UOB bank able to provide the highest margin but there rate also quite attractive . Other than UOB , Hong Leong bank , Maybank , Public Bank & RHB are offering attractive packages also.

And how come they need to see our bank statements ah , so strict ah , me CPF rich nia , so thats means its hard to approve my loan ?

I think average is BLR-2.4% that was what I could get circa may 2011. users with latest info perhaps can update. Avoid Maybank MY at all costs. Even the locals shun it.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha.. I can tolerate causeway.. but find the jam is usually from Singapore custom.. and the bad drivers are usually Singaporeans.. I find Malaysian usually more tolerant in the jam...
As my time is flexi, I can travel in and out of JB during non peak time.. so avoid 8-9am or 4:30 - 6:30pm seemed fine for me..

that's the best way to go about it :smile:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
crystal, better ignore such posts...
sounds way too sales reppy coming from a new registered user of only 1 post...

Hey euphony, I do not represent Straits View nor am I a sales person. I'm a 100% Singaporean that has bought a property in JB because I see the potential of Iskandar Malaysia. Iskandar is growing macham like Singapore in the 70s, 80s, 90s. If you had bought properties in SG then, you will be smiling your way to the bank today. It just doesnt make sense that cross one causeway and the property is 5-7 times cheaper.

I see opportunity in good projects like Straits View. I've been to Senibong Cove, Horizon Hills, etc... they are all pretty good. But personally I prefer SV because of the reasons I stated. Just wanted to know the rest of your opinions if you had visited the upcoming "gated guarded" new projects.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely. Well said.

Also, the new MRT link will have colocated customs ie. you clear once, not twice, in each direction. I hope they can implement a similar solution for the causeway soon which will certainly ease jams at the causeway.

The other thing - with the new Eastern Dispersal link due next year, cars entering SG will be paying toll. More expensive might not be a bad thing if it eases jam... macham like ERP.

Finally, I always check the Traffic SG cam for causeway entering Singapore. Except for Mondays, every weekday around 8-9am seems to have very few cars entering SG from the causeway. Am I missing something here when Horizon Hills said that he experience jams on every weekday along the causeway?

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
The causeway traffic is incorrigible especially in morning peak traffic so I start out way earlier than the rest. About 5-5:30am. Problem starts at the MY side. But if you're sharp driver you might have noticed a 'secret-secret' route (most people only know the secret route) direct into the customs that has neither bikes nor buses nor Q cutters and is much faster. I reach work earlier than the cleaners who come in very early bout 6:30am.

I thought I found a "secret" way by making a U turn from the usual way. Could you share with me your "secret secret" way? :smile: I can provide you with my personal email address if you're uncomfortable with posting it in public :P

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal,
I did that with HSBC and RHB.. No problem.. They want our business more than such admin issues...
Rgds

oh , u tried before ?

See my sales gal reply

QN : What documents you need from me to obtain bank loans ? The bank will loan based on my annual income right ? They wont know what other loans I have in Singapore ?
ANswer : Annual Income they need too . Normally , you need to give us the latest 3 months pay slip , 6 months bank statements , company letter , IR8A/ Notice of Assessment , saving _ prove your saving habits

TinkerMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys and ladies,

Doctor's presription:
To be taken with a pinch of salt.

"Malaysia a safer place now then Singapore "MALAYSIA - Malaysia has been moving up the rankings of various international indexes. Albeit at a slow pace, change is nonetheless happening and this positive change has been recognised by independent bodies outside of Malaysia.

The fifth edition of the Global Peace Index (GPI), which was conducted by the Sydney-based Institute for Economics and Peace, found Malaysia to be the most peaceful country in Southeast Asia and the fourth safest in the Asia Pacific region behind New Zealand, Japan and Australia.

Announced in May, the index also found Malaysia to be the 19th safest and most peaceful out of 153 countries around the globe.

The index is composed of 23 qualitative and quantitative indicators of respected sources, which combined internal and external factors ranging from level of military expenditure to its relations with neighbouring countries and respect for human rights.

These indicators were selected by an international panel of academics, businessmen, philanthropists and members of peace institutions for a year from March 15 last year.

The team has used the latest available figures from a wide range of respected sources, including the International Institute of Strategic Studies, the World Bank, various UN offices and peace institutes and the Economist Intelligence Unit.

According to the index report, Malaysia experienced an improvement in its GPI score for the fifth successive year and it rose by three places to 19th, supplanting Singapore as the highest-ranked Southeast Asian nation in last year's GPI.

This year, Malaysia's growing peacefulness reflected a rise in political stability, and improving relations with neighbouring countries (notably Singapore and China).

By the way my layers fees for SPA, Loan, Govt Levy, stamp fees +taxes = MR40k - Is this about right? Or have I been take for a ride?

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH is good that you have listed your grievances here so as to allow users to be fully informed about their living in jb choice. I think there are a lot of people who may be too mesmerized by the houses & 'savings'etc to look beyond at the feasibility in terms of the commute. Having said that I have also done both causeway and tuas.

There was a time I had to commute during 'normal hours'. The causeway traffic is incorrigible especially in morning peak traffic so I start out way earlier than the rest. About 5-5:30am. Problem starts at the MY side. But if you're sharp
driver you might have noticed a 'secret-secret' route (most people only know the secret route) direct into the customs that has neither bikes nor buses nor Q cutters ...

Bro euphony

I think i know the secret2 route to immigration that u r referring to :wink:. It enables one to reach straight into the msia immigration side. No worries...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro euphony

I think i know the secret2 route to immigration that u r referring to :wink:. It enables one to reach straight into the msia immigration side. No worries...

not to mention no lights and no cops! :biggrin:
best not to say too much about it wait kena humtum by those who use it.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal,
I did that with HSBC and RHB.. No problem.. They want our business more than such admin issues...
Rgds

icic , can u guys advise me whether Nusa Idaman consider gd ? value for money ?

corner lot is RM541,888.00

its not well develope yet thats y is cheaper .

I can only afford 500k range ....

btw , the levy 12,000 is fixed ? i thought i read somewhere is only 10,000

Any suggestion where else should i see ??

I am still in dilema .....

coz not much facilites there and there will have a mosque there too .....

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crazy price! RM 1.25 million for a terrace in East Ledang, the advertisement was posted on iproperty.com yesterday.
Moreover, it's an Unfurnished show-unit(not those with full interior decor hor).
Moreover Moreover, it's an intermediate unit, not corner hor!

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is the skyblue color next door for real?
whoa the twin villas were selling at this price le...

Yup those are the actual show-units but not all are with interior decor. The one on sale at RM 1.25 million is a bare, intermediate unit(not corner unit)!

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe those companies also move to Nusajaya lor ? Then save everybody the trouble of comuting in and out

Our brilliant gov is flushing these MNCs with gold to keep them here.
Once we stop the subsidies, they will surely fly to Iskander.....

Status
Not open for further replies.