• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

jw5

Loyal
and its likely to look like this. Barca is signing Fabregas.

Man U? We do need a good defensive midfielder.

De Gea looked shaky on the goal, perhaps Stekelenberg Holland number 1 who went from Ajax to Roma would have been a better choice.

Vidic and Ferdinand both injured, former out 2 weeks, latter out 6 weeks. Rafael out 10 weeks.
Fergie might have to buy another defender, because Ferdinand seems to be declining.
So does Carragher of Liverpool.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
De Gea looked shaky on the goal, perhaps Stekelenberg Holland number 1 who went from Ajax to Roma would have been a better choice.

What SAF has to say...... :biggrin:

Ferguson defends de Gea error

15 August 2011

12427253880.jpg

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said new goalkeeper David de Gea 'should have done better' in their win over West Brom on Sunday.
The 20-year-old let a straightforward Shane Long shot squirm under his body on his league debut at the Hawthorns and, after conceding twice to Manchester City in last week's Community Shield, Ferguson believes his number one still has a long way to go.

"David should have done better. I think he's lost a bit of concentration there, but welcome to English football because he took a battering in the second half," Ferguson told Sky Sports. "He should have been protected more by the referee - he wasn't - and on this occasion he has to withstand it. It's a good experience for him."

"My recollection of goalkeepers coming from Europe is there's a learning process, it's a different game." "Peter Schmeichel was the same when he came (from Denmark), Wimbledon in his first away game on a Wednesday night and they gave him a torrid time." "But Peter came on to become the greatest goalkeeper of all time possibly. The boy is 20 years of age, you suspect a learning process to be in operation at the moment and he'll see it through."

When asked how he will help de Gea get over his errors, Ferguson responded: "(I'll) just pat him on the head." United took the lead through Wayne Rooney before Long's equaliser, but won it late on through a Steven Reid own goal. It was an Ashley Young run down the left which resulted in the Reid own goal, and Ferguson was full of praise for his 18-million-pound summer signing from Aston Villa.

"Yes, he's got good composure on the ball, not just crossing but his interplay with the rest of the players," Ferguson added. "He made a goal for Wayne (Rooney) from a good pass and he was a threat all the time." "He had a few crosses blocked, but when he decided to go the opposite way and go towards the by-line he was an instant threat."

"The first 25 minutes I thought we were superb, moving the ball was great, the interplay, the speed of play was great." "Then for some reason we started to slow the build-up to a level where we lost the momentum, then we lost a goal. "Ferguson reserved special praise for goalscorer Rooney, who notched his first goal of the season. "He's looking great, he was fantastic today, he was all over the place," he said.

West Brom manager Hodgson was disappointed that his team did not share the points against the Premier League champions after coming back from a goal behind. "It's hard for me to swallow my disappointment and frustration after seeing a very good 1-1 turn into a 1-2," Hodgson said. "They (United) started like a house on fire with three or four corners and the ball whizzing into our box but we pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps, got ourselves back into the game and the second half performance was good."

"Before the (second United) goal, we were looking quite good value. Had the game finished 1-1, I don't think we would have had to make any apologies." "If we could dismiss that first 15-minute period, after that it was a pretty even game. I can be quite happy that we have done well against the champions of England and, in many peoples' eyes, the future champions of England."

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I watched the interview he gave after the game.
It's amazing that he can remember Schmeichel's first 2 games.
He's a football genius, a sometimes rude and nasty one, but still a genius. :biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were SAF, I'd give De Gea a good slap on the head and tell him to tug in his jersey. He look like a farking slouch with his jersey out. I personally think its just a lack of discipline on the part of De Gea and I reckon he'll be taught a thing or two before his contract expires. SAF sounds like a God sent manager to De Gea if he aspires to be the no.1 keeper for Spain.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as we score more than we concede, expect SAF to stand by his choice for the keeper's role. I am willing to give him a chance for the next 10 games failing which either the Dane steps in or I'll ask VDS to come out of retirement.:biggrin:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a convincing win,
but a win is still a win,
3 points in the bag.
Loserpool, ArseWipe and Chelski dropping points
like De Gea leaking in goals,
with Man Shitty to follow suit tonight.
A perfect start to the season(minus the injuries)
for me and Sir Alex.:smile:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I watched the interview he gave after the game.
It's amazing that he can remember Schmeichel's first 2 games.
He's a football genius, a sometimes rude and nasty one, but still a genius. :biggrin:
Who interviewed who?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The one team that surprised me so far has got to be Pool. Their signings so far have been nothing short of a revelation. They've planned a swoop for a scotsman -Paddy McCourt so soon after signing a Jose Enrique(?). Wow! Paddy who again???!!!

It's really starting to feel like deja vu with Kenny and not Rafa calling the shots.Just wonder if Pool had spent wisely......

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The one team that surprised me so far has got to be Pool. Their signings so far have been nothing short of a revelation. They've planned a swoop for a scotsman -Paddy McCourt so soon after signing a Jose Enrique(?). Wow! Paddy who again???!!!

It's really starting to feel like deja vu with Kenny and not Rafa calling the shots.Just wonder if Pool had spent wisely......

liverpool will improve. the team that is declining is Arsenal.

Suarez if not too tired from Copa America will be scoring for fun, likewise for Carroll, big, strong and young. I thot Fergie would have signed him...

Henderson, Adam Johnson, Downing will be good...with Gerrard. Carragher can go liao...they just need a defender....otherwise Liverpool will be a force to reckon with. Moreover, 19th title will motivate them.