• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

BuriramUnitedFC

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think if you can get bottled water is better for drinking, for cooking no choice everyone uses tap. I had the same issue when working in a third world country previously - best not to think about it and let yourself worry. Survived 2 years without any serious medical conditions! :smile:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok

Yo bro how about minerals? This eSpring thingy is ok with minerals? (I don't know why this name eSpring sounds very Sinkie government product to me)

Your worry that "purified" water might drain minerals from your body is an issue that concerns purified water obtained via distillation. In the case of eSpring, the water is treated via filtration using carbon filter together with UV sterilization. Technically speaking, purified water refers to water obtained via distillation or reverse osmosis. Filtered water is not purified water, so to speak.

The eSpring water purifier features a UV light and a carbon-block filter, which it claims capable of reducing more than 140 contaminants whilst allowing the beneficial minerals like calcium and magnesium to pass and remain in your water. The UV light works by reducing microorganisms in your drinking water, all done without any chemicals.

You should not worry too much about minerals being drained from your body even if it's water obtained via distillation. Whilst pure water helps to remove minerals from the body that cells have eliminated or not used, it does not "leach" out minerals that have become part of your body's cell structure.

In any case, your body obtains only 5% of its minerals from water. 95% comes from your food intake.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Your worry that "purified" water might drain minerals from your body is an issue that concerns purified water obtained via distillation. In the case of eSpring, the water is treated via filtration using carbon filter together with UV sterilization. Technically speaking, purified water refers to water obtained via distillation or reverse osmosis. Filtered water is not purified water, so to speak.

The eSpring water purifier features a UV light and a carbon-block filter, which it claims capable of reducing more than 140 contaminants whilst allowing the beneficial minerals like calcium and magnesium to pass and remain in your water. The UV light works by reducing microorganisms in your drinking water, all done without any chemicals.

You should not worry too much about minerals being drained from your body even if it's water obtained via distillation. Whilst pure water helps to remove minerals from the body that cells have eliminated or not used, it does not "leach" out minerals that have become part of your body's cell structure.

In any case, your body obtains only 5% of its minerals from water. 95% comes from your food intake.

Thanks a lot KYP for being so informative. Colleague recently told me about his home water system that has a series of big filters and costs about 60k baht said its the top of the top filter system. I've seen it before and although these are damn freaking big I really mean big filters and its like 4-5 of them in series, the water coming out is like a baby's pee so slow (they have 2 water pumps at home). If its small set up like what Pii Chon had I can understand and accept.

Now is to get Pii Chon to tell me where to get his hope he's not drunk now.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks a lot KYP for being so informative. Colleague recently told me about his home water system that has a series of big filters and costs about 60k baht said its the top of the top filter system. I've seen it before and although these are damn freaking big I really mean big filters and its like 4-5 of them in series, the water coming out is like a baby's pee so slow (they have 2 water pumps at home). If its small set up like what Pii Chon had I can understand and accept.

Just back from Pluak Daeng and will be out to Chonburi after my shower. Will give you the details when I am back late this evening. :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ooops ya today's Tuesday your nurse girlfriend waiting for you in Chonburi.

Just back from Pluak Daeng and will be out to Chonburi after my shower. Will give you the details when I am back late this evening. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also use this to fill into large 1.5L water for washing vege and fresh meat and also cooking, I think I asked a friend to buy this from Ecosway

Oh your water filter is the same brand - Cosway - as the one I bought. They have two types of water filter both with name of Hexagon something. Mine is the alkaline water type, the one you are using is filtering water.

I have used Cosway other products like shampoo etc, I think their products are usually not bad and quite economical. But if you have higher budget, eSpring should be better lah. Heard that they are certified by some international body NSF.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro how's the tap water in thailand like? In singapore it's not entirely safe too cos of floride or whatever crap they put inside so it's better to boil the water in singapore before you drink it. I have a simple filter system for my tap water in sg. I suppose in thailand it's not that safe to drink the water.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
e0726de0.jpg

Just started at Wine I Love You restaurant.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Oh your water filter is the same brand - Cosway - as the one I bought. They have two types of water filter both with name of Hexagon something. Mine is the alkaline water type, the one you are using is filtering water.

I have used Cosway other products like shampoo etc, I think their products are usually not bad and quite economical. But if you have higher budget, eSpring should be better lah. Heard that they are certified by some international body NSF.

What a coincident. Yes I will seek Chonburifc's help to get the eSpring in Bangkok. I like the menthol soft sweets from Cosway (wrapper says its made in m'sia) always ask my colleague, who is a member, to buy whole box and I give away to friends and colleagues.

Bro how's the tap water in thailand like? In singapore it's not entirely safe too cos of floride or whatever crap they put inside so it's better to boil the water in singapore before you drink it. I have a simple filter system for my tap water in sg. I suppose in thailand it's not that safe to drink the water.

Abhishit told us before we can drink from the tap but we've never seen him do it. Anyway no one drink it la. However people do use it to wash vegetables and also cook soup. I've already posted two photos I drink water from them. Now I will seek help from our Pattaya mafia to buy the eSping thing. Hey I thought flouride is good for teeth?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a coincident. Yes I will seek Chonburifc's help to get the eSpring in Bangkok. I like the menthol soft sweets from Cosway (wrapper says its made in m'sia) always ask my colleague, who is a member, to buy whole box and I give away to friends and colleagues.

Abhishit told us before we can drink from the tap but we've never seen him do it. Anyway no one drink it la. However people do use it to wash vegetables and also cook soup. I've already posted two photos I drink water from them. Now I will seek help from our Pattaya mafia to buy the eSping thing. Hey I thought flouride is good for teeth?

Actually not really here are the dangers

http://www.naturalnews.com/030123_fluoride_babies.html

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ahh, that's my kind of liquid diet. One farang told me, he even brushed teeth with beer in some far out places!

Just home la. Started the bottle at opening time 4pm and then 6pm went teochew porridge now home liao la.

f9292f23.jpg

See how beautiful this Yam-Khai-Khem (yam salted egg) looks

c6dd58c5.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dio pian. Someone told me day time take photo at 160 clearer than night time. You all be the judge. Which one clearer?
Day time
d125ea09.jpg

Night time
2ad964ae.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't know about the sweets, they do sell sweets, snacks, organic stuff, vitamins, shampoo & beauty items, car wash and accessories stuff and even electrical appliance, pots and this water filter etc. Yeah need to join member at Rm30 per year to buy at cheaper member price. Anyway this is the first year I joined to buy their water filter. So far like feel no difference after using the water haha.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Having dinner at baan je bang (sister bang house).

Mixed vege stir fried
3b1b63d7.jpg

This is damm good. Can fight 16 storey chicken wing but sauce lost. Joeyys belachan chilli will be perfect.
bfe0fee6.jpg

Gaeng pa pla gao means garoupa in forest curry. This dish not everyone can eat. It's too spicy for the tourist. But my favorite on top of tom saeb.
88525724.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your car too shaky la. Hey eSpring where buy?

Think my hand lah. Today whole day no beer until now. Hand shaking lah. Espring distributed by amway in los. This thing cost thb 35k if no member. If member 29k. You sure you want to get this? The filter is 4.5k but first set come with one. Can use my gf membership if you do not know any amway member.

But it's worth every cent or baht if you are concern about quality of drinking water. Yes, you can drink straight from the espring without boiling. How i know? Because during last flooding, we distribute free water to our customer and staff and also an orphange. So far, have mot heard anyone get sick.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Knn, big table of 15-16 people next door with 4 empty red label and 1 half full. Dancing and singing. Quite rowdy leh. Think better finish my Leo beer and check bin.