• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

jw5

Loyal
By Jonathan Smith, Man City correspondent

from espnfc.com

Pep Guardiola: Yaya Toure won't play for Man City until agent apologises

MANCHESTER, England -- Yaya Toure will not play for Manchester City again until Pep Guardiola receives an apology for comments made by his agent.

The City boss is unhappy with remarks from Toure's adviser Dimitri Seluk, who said Guardiola was "humiliating a great player" by benching the midfielder.

"It was so difficult for me to put [Toure] out in the Champions League -- so difficult," Guardiola told a news conference on Tuesday. "I know him, I know he's a good guy, but it was difficult for me as well to put Aleix Garcia out, [they are] the only two players that are out, because the list is the list.

"But the day after his agent spoke -- in that moment -- Yaya is out. Until Mr. Dmitri Seluk comes back in the press conference, or his friends in the media, he has the courage to call me, go to the media and say an apology to Manchester City, the first one, the second one is his teammates and after the trainer.

"When that happens Yaya will be part of the group and he will have the same chance to play all the games. Because I cannot accept as a coach, every manager when his player doesn't play goes to the media and speak and speak and speak. It depends."

Seluk declined to apologise later on Tuesday, telling Sky Sports News that "I can say whatever I like and Guardiola can't stop me."

Toure has made only one appearance for City this season -- the Champions League playoff second leg against Steaua Bucharest -- and has not featured in the matchday squad for the seven other City fixtures.

The 33-year-old was also left out of Guardiola's Champions League squad -- along with Spanish youngster Aleix Garcia, who has been on the bench for City's last two Premier League games and made his debut in the 4-0 win over Bournemouth at the weekend.

And Guardiola said Toure, who also retired from international football on Tuesday, will not come into contention for Wednesday's EFL Cup clash with Swansea City at the Etihad.

i

"I know how Dmitri Seluk loves Yaya Toure, if he loves me, show me and make [an apology] to Manchester City [for] what he did in the [media]," he said.

"I cannot imagine in my period when I was a football player, my manager going to the media and speaking against Johan Cruyff, about this and about that.

"Maybe it's a new era now, the new period changing, but I'm an old guy. I am old generation, and old generation managers has to make his players his job and trainers his job, and today the managers believe they are more than they are.

"If he has a problem call [director of football] Txiki Begiristain, the club, and they can talk, until he doesn't speak, Yaya is not going to play."

Toure missed three days of training last week with a migraine but this week has rejoined the first-team squad.

But Guardiola will not consider him following the comments from Seluk to the Sunday Mirror in September.

Seluk said then: "If City don't win the Champions League then I hope that Pep has got the balls to say that he was wrong to humiliate a great player like Yaya."

jw5

Loyal
i

Perez, Xhaka shine for Arsenal

Two of Arsenal's summer signings starred in their 4-0 win over Nottm Forest. Arsene Wenger watched on as Lucas Perez bagged his first two goals for the Gunners while Granit Xhaka scored another cracker from distance.

jw5

Loyal
i

Titans of La Liga collide

Wednesday's clash between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona will be a cracker. Had Diego Simeone's side won the last Liga match between the two, Barca would have lost the title. That's how key this tie has become.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd vs Leicester City K.O. 7.30pm Sat evening
Arsenal vs Chelsea K.O. 12.30am Sun morning

This game takes on added significance and again is perfect for the Asian timezone.
Can Mourinho stop his losing streak?

Big London derby later for those of you who wish to stay up. :biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Man Utd vs Leicester City K.O. 7.30pm Sat evening
Arsenal vs Chelsea K.O. 12.30am Sun morning

This game takes on added significance and again is perfect for the Asian timezone.
Can Mourinho stop his losing streak?

Big London derby later for those of you who wish to stay up. :biggrin:

Danny Drinkwater, Danny Simpson and Ron Robert-Zieler will be fired up for the early game. Cesc Fabregas and Petr Cech will be fired up for the late game. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Clash Of The Titans! :biggrin:

i

Arsenal, Chelsea to show true colours?

Arsenal and Chelsea have a chance to send out a message to their rivals.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor Leicester are taking one hell of a beating!
Better performance 2nd half but all the damage already done by then.

Mata plays best in Rooney's old position. Behind the strikers.

Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh dear, looks like the wheels have come off for Conte. Getting killed by the Gunners.

Ozil is finally playing to his ability for Arsenal.

jw5

Loyal
By Liam Twomey, Chelsea correspondent

from espnfc.com

Antonio Conte concedes Chelsea are falling short of expectations

Antonio Conte admitted that Chelsea "are a great team only on paper" after watching Arsenal demolish his team 3-0 at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday.

First-half goals from Alexis Sanchez, Theo Walcott and Mesut Ozil secured the Gunners' first Premier League victory over their London rivals since October 2011, with a lacklustre Chelsea failing to register a single shot on target until the 82nd minute.

The Blues lie eighth in the Premier League table after comprehensive defeats against Liverpool and Arsenal. And after the match, Conte conceded that his players are falling short of their illustrious reputations on the pitch.

"What happened? I think from the first minute we didn't have the right attitude," Conte told BT Sport. "I think we played a bad game against a tough team, very organised, very prepared in the tactical physical aspect.

"I think that after today we are thinking that we must work a lot, because now we are a great team only on paper."

Arsenal were gifted their opening goal after just 11 minutes when Sanchez dispossessed Gary Cahill before running through on the Chelsea goal and dinking the ball over Thibaut Courtois. But Conte reserved his postmatch criticism of the Blues' performance for the entire team.

i

"I don't want to talk about the mistakes because it's not right for the player," Conte said. "We win as a team, we lose as a team. We know we must work a lot and if someone thinks this team now is ready to fight, I think we must wait and work to improve a lot and to come back a great team not only on paper, but on the pitch."

Asked about the failure of Eden Hazard and Diego Costa to impact the match, Conte added: "I think it's always a team problem, not an individual player.

"If the team works, the individual players play a good game. When nothing works, it's very difficult for individual players to play a good game."

Defeat to Arsenal sees Chelsea fall eight points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City after just six matches. However, Conte insists he is more focused on the problems at Stamford Bridge than the achievements of rivals.

"Manchester City started the season very well," the Italian said. "They play well but also everyone must look in our house for the problem. Now it's important to look in our house and not in other houses."

jw5

Loyal
i

Chelsea's terrible defence proves costly

Chelsea are hardly in crisis, but it's hugely surprising to see them look this bad. The back line, typified by Gary Cahill, turned in a wretched performance and shows the full scope of work that awaits Antonio Conte.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chelsea are hardly in crisis, but it's hugely surprising to see them look this bad. The back line, typified by Gary Cahill, turned in a wretched performance and shows the full scope of work that awaits Antonio Conte.

Cahill had a terrible day. Ozil had a magnificent one.

Meanwhile Guardiola and Man City go marching on. Can anyone stop them winning the title?
If Aguero stays fit, I don't think so. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i

we can see from the moon, he played like school boy.
2nd time I bet score line too low for Liverpool. Next time just whack, regardless of who they play. :(

jw5

Loyal

Meanwhile Guardiola and Man City go marching on. Can anyone stop them winning the title?

Guardiola keeps saying he wants more from Aguero, apparently he doesn't chase back as hard as De Bruyne. And Guardiola tells every reporter who asks him that Messi is by far the best striker he ever coached. There are potential fireworks between Guardiola and Aguero. :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i thought Guardiola will have bedding in period with his Man C team, but there isn't.
I am pretty sure, Man C will win (if not second). No less than that. The only team that can match them (so far) is Liverpool in terms of their potency.
That is, if Liverpool don't implode in spectacular fashion towards the later part of the campaign.