• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be fair to Ferdinand, Vidic was in front of Lescott and was in a better position to clear the danger. De Gea and Vidic hesitated and Ferdinand was behind Lescott. They were all guilty of ball watching I am sure the senior players got a roasting from SAF at half time.

personally, the goalie should rule the penalty box - either he commands one of the defender to go clear or if in doubt, he should just go and put his body to it. Goalie, in the penalty box, have the advantage of using his hands, De Gea with his height, can easily challenge for the high ball and it is impossible for him to foul - more likely its the other way.

Perhaps he lacked the experience - since he is only 20. However, the BPL is unforgiving, SAF is only gonna give him so many chances - I recalled Ben Foster gave 2 clangers during the match against Man C as well, and he was dropped after that - and he never made it back to Man U squad again - and Ben foster is a young and promising goalie too.

jw5

Loyal
Perhaps he lacked the experience - since he is only 20. However, the BPL is unforgiving, SAF is only gonna give him so many chances - I recalled Ben Foster gave 2 clangers during the match against Man C as well, and he was dropped after that - and he never made it back to Man U squad again - and Ben foster is a young and promising goalie too.

Ben Foster is a very "nervy" keeper. Great shot stopper, possibly one of the best around, but when he is in big games, he seems to be very nervous, especially when in one on one situations or with the ball at his feet. His 2 goals against Man City season before last were atocious, much worse than De Gea in community shield.

De Gea is more composed and confident, even though young. Good handling.
But he lacks communication (hope he can at least shout "keeper!") and area presence.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ben Foster is a very "nervy" keeper. Great shot stopper, possibly one of the best around, but when he is in big games, he seems to be very nervous, especially when in one on one situations or with the ball at his feet. His 2 goals against Man City season before last were atocious, much worse than De Gea in community shield.

De Gea is more composed and confident, even though young. Good handling.
But he lacks communication (hope he can at least shout "keeper!") and area presence.

tokking about nervy keepers - the worse will be Mark Bosnich. Cannot even do a proper clearance using his legs...KNN

jw5

Loyal
tokking about nervy keepers - the worse will be Mark Bosnich. Cannot even do a proper clearance using his legs...KNN

The worst is Massimo Taibi, the ball go through his legs and he looks at the ground and his boots!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wesley is asking for something like 220,000 pounds a week and not 190,000 as i mentioned earlier. That would be 70,000 pounds more than wat Xavi or Iniesta gets plying for Barca.

jw5

Loyal
I thought Barthez is the one? short fucking french, pui, everytime i saw him, i shakes my head.

Can't stand Barthez also, but he was not the one where the ball went through his legs and he blame his boots and the pitch.
At least Barthez was a world cup winner and played a few seasons for Man Utd. Taibi didn't play more than 5 games I think.
Remember Barthez once played as a forward when Man Utd came to SG? Damn clown..................

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
talking about comical goalies...there is another Andy Goram. Heard he kept a goat as pet or something ..LOL

Massimo Taibi's blunder come from against Southampton is it?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Premier League preview: West Brom v Manchester United

11 August 2011

Manchester United begin their English Premier League title defence with a trip to West Bromwich Albion on Sunday.

Sir Alex Ferguson will be looking to lead United to a 20th English league crown and they start their campaign with a trip to The Hawthorns.

In 12 games under Roy Hodgson to finish last season, West Brom lost just twice.

But they take on a United side featuring a few new faces likely to feature on Sunday, including goalkeeper David de Gea and Ashley Young.

Both were part of the team that came from behind to beat Manchester City 3-2 in the Community Shield.

The retirement of Paul Scholes has left a hole in the centre of midfield for United, but in Anderson, Michael Carrick and Park Ji-Sung, they appear to have sufficient cover.

If they can add Inter Milan playmaker Wesley Sneijder to that list, they will again be very hard to beat.

The hero at Wembley last Sunday, Nani, will again need to be closely watched.

The Portuguese winger will cause the West Brom defence plenty of problems and will provide the service for Wayne Rooney, who will be partnered by either Danny Welbeck or Dimitar Berbatov.

Last season's revelation Javier Hernandez, who netted 20 times in all competitions, is unavailable after suffering concussion during United's pre-season tour of the United States.

The champions won all six of their pre-season matches, including a 2-1 win over their UEFA Champions League conquerors Barcelona.

Meanwhile, West Brom completed the signing of striker Shane Long on Tuesday, adding to the threat already posed by Nigerian Peter Odemwingie in the attacking third.

It would be both brave and uncharacteristic of Hodgson to attack United, who would expect to open their campaign with three points against a side hoping to avoid the drop.

Raiders Prediction: Man Utd to clear the 1 goal Asian Handicap. CS: 0-2, 1-3

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Premier League preview: West Brom v Manchester United

Raiders Prediction: Man Utd to clear the 1 goal Asian Handicap. CS: 0-2, 1-3

Ah, Match Day 1
Sunday, 14 August 2011
11:00pm
Ah Piew's choon-choon prediction:
West Brom 0 Vs Man(starting with a Bang) United 3

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ah, Match Day 1
Sunday, 14 August 2011
11:00pm
Ah Piew's choon-choon prediction:
West Brom 0 Vs Man(starting with a Bang) United 3

Hope more dipsticks join us in the predictions. But Man Utd is famous for cocking up during the first few matches.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool choked, its time for us to set the pace, I hope we win later, LOL :biggrin:

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Judging from the Gunner's numerous and almost desperate query on players in the market, there could be a grain of truth about the predicament of the manager. It's very unlike Wenger to put things off to the last minute. He may just leave before the season is over.
In the meantime, they're trying to buy in players before news of the sale of Cesc and Nas is out.