• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another gambler commits suicide

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jun 28, 2011
Constable, who shot himself in the head, owed $40k
By Khushwant Singh

aux28.np.jpg

An Auxiliary police officer, found dead with a gunshot wound to his head in a toilet in Jurong in 2010, had harboured thoughts of ending his life prematurely, a coroner inquiry heard on Tuesday. -- PHOTO: THE NEW PAPER

AN AUXILIARY police officer, found dead with a gunshot wound to his head in a toilet in Jurong in 2010, had harboured thoughts of ending his life prematurely, a coroner inquiry heard on Tuesday.

Investigations into the death revealed that Aetos police constable Lee Kong Beng, 39, owed nearly $40,000 in phone bills, bank loans and furniture purchases.

About two weeks before the shooting, he confided in a friend that his financial burden was so heavy he wanted to 'pop' himself. The other man advised the officer against shooting himself. Mr Lee, who is married with a son, had been working with security firm Aetos since May 2008.

Colleagues said that he appeared normal during his shift at the Tuas checkpoint from 12.30am to 3pm on May 31 2010. But while standing in a line to return weapons to the armoury in the Aetos office in Corporation Road, he was heard to have muttered, 'I cannot take it any more', before heading to the toilet.

Moments later, a shot rang out. He was found lying face-up on the floor of a toilet cubicle. Blood was pouring from a head wound and his service revolver, a 0.38 Smith & Wesson, was clutched in his left hand. On the suicide note found on him, he had scrawled that he was sorry for what he had done. 'By doing so, I will no longer bring further burden and suffering to myself,' he wrote.

In his findings, State Coroner Victor Yeo said that Mr Lee - who had expressed suicidal intentions - died of a self-inflicted gunshot. Although investigations did not reveal why Mr Lee was in debt, earlier newspaper reports indicated that he was an avid football punter.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sounds like a typical loser to me. Phone bills??? furniture purchases??? If he didn't have the money, he shouldn't have made calls and bought furniture in the first place. Anyone with a basic grasp of arithmetic would know that. :rolleyes:

I'm glad he's removed himself from the gene pool. He's done the rest of society a big favour.:rolleyes:

What's really scary is that there is no system in place to screen out such looneys from jobs which involve firearms!:eek:

H

Hanzo Hattori

AETOS police constable who shot himself heavily in debt

By Alvina Soh |
Posted: 28 June 2011 1816 hrs
<table width="260" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="20" align="right">
</td><td width="240" align="right">
phpBqdgX1.jpg
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" height="60">
</td><td class="update" valign="top" height="80"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="138" bgcolor="f6f6f6">Photos </td><td width="47" bgcolor="f6f6f6">1 of 1</td><td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td><td width="19" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" type="image" width="19" height="15"></td><td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td></tr></tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td class="update">
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
SINGAPORE : A police constable with AETOS, who was about S$40,000 in debt and had often joked about shooting himself if he couldn't settle it, eventually did so in a toilet at Corporation Road, last year.

In the Coroner's Court on Tuesday, State Coroner Victor Yeo found that 38-year-old Lee Kong Beng died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head from his service revolver on 31 May 2010.

Investigations revealed that Lee, who had been working with AETOS for about two years, did not show any signs of distress when he reported for duty at Tuas Immigration Checkpoint that day.

After his shift ended, he was transported back to AETOS Jurong station at 500 Corporation Road, to return his service revolver at the armoury.

Lee, who was queuing in line to do so, turned around and left the queue for the toilet.

Soon after, 33-year-old Mohd Azman, a police officer, heard a loud bang when he was changing inside the locker room next to the toilet.

Azman rushed there and detected a very strong smell of gun powder.

He also saw blood seeping out from the second cubicle.

Azman got help from staff sergeant, V Selvaraj, and they forced open the cubicle door to find Lee lying inside, with his left hand holding onto his service revolver.

Investigations also revealed a handwritten note found in his right front pants pocket, where he said he was depressed and had chosen to end his life.

The court also heard that Lee had on several occasions joked to his mother that he would commit suicide, either by jumping or by shooting himself, if he was unable to pay off his debts.

This worried his family initially, but they later believed he was not serious about taking his own life and stopped assisting him financially before his death.

- CNA /ls

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
38 year old die already? Still got so many more years to enjoy life.. wasted...

There are more about life than money, bills and catching up.. oh man!!!!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

===

haha..one of the rare post that u didn't attribute this to singkie behaviour?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

U cheebye pimp, only know how to talk cock and use a mouth to talk. I bet u still ask for pocket money from your parents.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no money in spore is a very sad thing. sam, you lived in angmo kok kar, you won't be able to preceive such peer pressure. i used to be like him, i admit, i see what pple have, i also want to have, indirectly inflicting a lot of stress on myself. then one day, my life was tossed upside down by lky and his cronies(i know some find it hard to believe but it's the truth). in my life, i have never met such cruel and wicked pple before. i hope bad karma finds them.
until my ex-boss told me sometimes it's good to avoid school gathering when your classmates are doctors and lawyers or even those who are spending accumulated wealth from their parents.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
no money in spore is a very sad thing. sam, you lived in angmo kok kar, you won't be able to preceive such peer pressure. i used to be like him, i admit, i see what pple have, i also want to have, indirectly inflicting a lot of stress on myself. then one day, my life was tossed upside down by lky and his cronies(i know some find it hard to believe but it's the truth). in my life, i have never met such cruel and wicked pple before. i hope bad karma finds them.
until my ex-boss told me sometimes it's good to avoid school gathering when your classmates are doctors and lawyers or even those who are spending accumulated wealth from their parents.

I never bother to keep in contact with my former classmates. It is not my concern whether they are doing well or not. What I know is most of them is no longer around in Singapore !

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if only everyone that wanted to kill themselves would try killing LKY and LHL instead...............i know i would..........

if they succeed.................their names will live on forever.....................