• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1500 mining Bowen Basin mining jobs unfilled despite incentives

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my humble opinion, whatever you do.. do not go into direct competition with the China-nese. They'll go for cheap and good but we have to go for quality and fairly priced :smile:

Melbourne CBD Little Bourke St - Chinatown restaurant is selling Tze Char - Shanghainese Char Mee for $6.50. Wah biang, I guess no one can beat that price ! It is yummy too !

with high labour and transportation costs...the food prices will be sky-high.

i guess its down to whether the profits is really worth all the effort. :smile:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my humble opinion, whatever you do.. do not go into direct competition with the China-nese. They'll go for cheap and good but we have to go for quality and fairly priced :smile:

Melbourne CBD Little Bourke St - Chinatown restaurant is selling Tze Char - Shanghainese Char Mee for $6.50. Wah biang, I guess no one can beat that price ! It is yummy too !

In Perth, Chilliz attracts an appreciative CBD crowd with hawker meals starting at $4.50.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chilliz/131013597210

With Tze Char, there is an improvement in the food scene. In the past, dry hor fun is used, not as tasty as fresh horfun these days. Still trust the Malaysian for the wok hei.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Perth, Chilliz attracts an appreciative CBD crowd with hawker meals starting at $4.50.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chilliz/131013597210

With Tze Char, there is an improvement in the food scene. In the past, dry hor fun is used, not as tasty as fresh horfun these days. Still trust the Malaysian for the wok hei.

OK, finally Perth has the title of cheap-cheap.

As much as I like, I would go for direct competition with the Aussies.. It is a sure win strategy! They are lazy and we are not.. they are expensive & inferior, on the other hand, we are fairly priced and quality products.

Everywhere I go, ppl will say my chickens have good breasts and we are highly efficient

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
"According to recruiters Robert Walters, project managers in mining can now earn more than $500,000 a year, while a mine deputy can get $200,000.

You know what ? I am not giving up, I am trying the mining industry.. Hopefully, include relocation to Perth :-) If this happens, I'm moving my ass again :smile:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know what ? I am not giving up, I am trying the mining industry.. Hopefully, include relocation to Perth :-) If this happens, I'm moving my ass again :smile:

Singapore GIC moving in again to invest in Australia

'Only a war will stop boom'

SHANE WRIGHT ECONOMICS EDITOR, The West Australian June 3, 2011, 5:40 am

New Treasury secretary Martin Parkinson says only revolutions or mass war across the globe will stop the mining boom.

In testimony to a Senate committee that also included a shot across the bow of the WA Treasury and the forecasts in its Budget, Dr Parkinson cautioned that parts of Australia dependent on manufacturing and tourism were likely to suffer at the hands of the mining boom.

Under questioning from WA Liberal Mathias Cormann about Budget forecasts for the terms of trade, Dr Parkinson said the Federal Treasury was being "conservative" in its assumptions of a gradual fall over the next 15 to 20 years.

The Treasury boss conceded the department had erred in not accurately predicting the pick-up in commodity prices from 2003. But the department was now convinced that a transformation was occurring that would benefit Australia in the long term.
Only a major global event could prevent prices remaining high.

"To say we are facing dramatically lower terms of trade on a short-term basis has to assume that the major transformation of the global economy stops," he said. "It could, wars could do that, revolutions can do that, but revolutions in multiple countries would be required.

"Unless you're prepared to start forecasting those sorts of things, then you may have to assume that the terms of trade will stay high."

The recent State Budget, in which the Barnett Government warned it faced WA's share of GST revenue falling to just 33 per cent, was predicated on a forecast of the Australian dollar falling to US76¢.

The Federal Treasury is forecasting the dollar will remain well above parity for the next three years. Dr Parkinson said if the dollar fell to US76¢ that would suggest a collapse in commodity prices.

Figures released by the Reserve Bank show commodity prices have climbed to record highs. Its commodity price index lifted 2.3 per cent last month after a 7.3 per cent rise in April.

The retail spending figures for April showed a 1.1 per cent rebound across the nation, with WA up 0.6 per cent. But it was tough for the State's cafes and restaurants, with sales down 4.3 per cent.

Dr Parkinson said the strong terms of trade meant sectors such as manufacturing would be squeezed by the mining sector.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore GIC moving in again to invest in Australia

'Only a war will stop boom'

Neddy, I hope to join you soon. :p KNN, Project Manager for $500k, I am only asking for half...

These bloody Rio Tinto and BHP are not responding to my application leh :biggrin:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neddy, I hope to join you soon. :p KNN, Project Manager for $500k, I am only asking for half...

These bloody Rio Tinto and BHP are not responding to my application leh :biggrin:

they always say lacking of peeps in mining industry...but the hiring process is rather tedious.......project manager to earn that 500k prob have to be at least 10 years or more experience in that mining industry.....entry level engineering jobs are hard to secure.......there are lots of high end...mid end...and extremely low end like mining labor jobs but entry level to mid level engineering jobs are limited

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they always say lacking of peeps in mining industry...but the hiring process is rather tedious.......project manager to earn that 500k prob have to be at least 10 years or more experience in that mining industry.....entry level engineering jobs are hard to secure.......there are lots of high end...mid end...and extremely low end like mining labor jobs but entry level to mid level engineering jobs are limited

First, I have employers who are fussy and keep advertising week after week for the same jobs, then I have experienced dependable people who are qualified for the jobs but would rather semi-retire and selective about jobs.

My paid subscription told me that each miner still earns his/her employer $1m in sales even during the GFC. That is just how lucrative this 17th century type of jobs are to Australia.

Watch out, Kronic-using miners are going to be hit by new laws concerning about work safety. This will create some more human resource issues.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

The job discription is relatively similar, I hope to disappoint you. I'll try again.. :biggrin: