• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1500 mining Bowen Basin mining jobs unfilled despite incentives

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
any interest? sure beats driving a cab for pittance.

"According to recruiters Robert Walters, project managers in mining can now earn more than $500,000 a year, while a mine deputy can get $200,000.

Labourers are getting $100,000 in Dalby and dozer drivers are earning $50 an hour.

"I've seen sign-on bonuses for 50 per cent of a salary," Robert Walters' head of mining and engineering Adam Harris said."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/busin...spite-incentives/story-e6freqmx-1226052111701

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"According to recruiters Robert Walters, project managers in mining can now earn more than $500,000 a year, while a mine deputy can get $200,000.

Labourers are getting $100,000 in Dalby and dozer drivers are earning $50 an hour.

"I've seen sign-on bonuses for 50 per cent of a salary," Robert Walters' head of mining and engineering Adam Harris said."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/busin...spite-incentives/story-e6freqmx-1226052111701

We pay $550 a day (zero tax) for roofers and they are too lazy to turn up for work.

facadegeniality

Alfrescian
Loyal
can i go there work as FT? given that it has already being shown in the article that they had hard time find OZs.

i suggest you take a look at job ads for these kinda positions to see if you have the right skillsets required.

I heard the live is not easy working in the mines....hence explaining the high incentives.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I applied for few jobs leh - only seeking $400k/pa. KNN they rejected me !! !@#$%^.. I guess I have no other alternative but to continue with my chicken business :mad:

Hey, did you drive pass my chicken factory in Brisbane ? It took me 2-3mths to complete the chicken bones and 1-2mth great brisbane flood.. now, aesthetically very pleasing liao.

I am coming to Brisbane (3-5 days) to finish up the nitty gritty stuff in June.. also seeking an Ah Beng lawyer to draft prostitution clause.

Meet up for kopi ? Ai mai ?

Last edited:

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
facadegeniality & ns is killing singapore,

with mine sites
Depends on the contracts. Some people work FIFO during their initial months before settling down in the remote areas. Some not used to remote area opt for longer shifts and FIFO. It is a disruptive lifestyle. The company and CFMEU (union) know this and usually provide the best for the workers.
Boredom is constant bother and many choose to take alcohol and drugs. But I understand that the situation is under control.
Where miners are, so do chickens FIFO in. Excellent choice too, from size 8 French blonde to petite willing Chinese.

There are Singaporeans working in the mine sites, and the odd female too. They serve up excellent food, even Mee Goreng.
The good treatment go beyond core workers, even supporting workers such as pest controllers also have a good time.

In a way, it is luxury NS, you either live in bachelor pads (brick buildings) or dongas. for some established sites, there are suburban type housing estates. after working a few years, the income saved come in very handy. everyone is in it for the $.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
I applied for few jobs leh - only seeking $400k/pa. KNN they rejected me !! !@#$%^.. I guess I have no other alternative but to continue with my chicken business :mad:

Hey, did you drive pass my chicken factory in Brisbane ? It took me 2-3mths to complete the chicken bones and 1-2mth great brisbane flood.. now, aesthetically very pleasing liao.

I am coming to Brisbane (3-5 days) to finish up the nitty gritty stuff in June.. also seeking an Ah Beng lawyer to draft prostitution clause.

Meet up for kopi ? Ai mai ?

yes, i saw it in the popular website there. very nice.. one chicken has became two thru' mitosis. now your net worth for these two are $1+ million.

im working at bowen hills now. give me a buzz, we can meet and lim kopi next to the brisbane river.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
i suggest you take a look at job ads for these kinda positions to see if you have the right skillsets required.

I heard the live is not easy working in the mines....hence explaining the high incentives.

one of my ex-colleague father was a certified electrician and he related of this trainees that his father trained before, went to the mines to work for 5 years. and by that time, he bought 4 houses. howabout that?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, i saw it in the popular website there. very nice.. one chicken has became two thru' mitosis. now your net worth for these two are $1+ million.

im working at bowen hills now. give me a buzz, we can meet and lim kopi next to the brisbane river.

Bro, ppl laughed at me when I first started.. along the way, even my wifey and parents lost confidence.. Hopefully, I can convert chickens into hard cash and reward myself with little indulgence.. Hard work but very satisfying, Bro.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
things are also extremely expensive there as well..a steak can cost triple or 4x the price....most people in the mining industry have money but no where to spend only during holidays or annual leave

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol. i'm not sure. gotta go to the place and see if it is possible. i thought there are raw materials to buy there.

yes its possible....but the cost to transport the materials and etc..will cost alot...thus the high cost for the sale of food...prob $40-50 a plate ??? got a friend that went to a mining town in northern queensland, to work as a kitchen hand...with a hourly pay rate of $35/hr...and a possible increase..can u imagine the wages of the cook..and etc...guess u can factor the pricing of the food sold....

Last edited: