• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

50% Singaporean may migrate overseas

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed on your post. But, migrating is not an option out. When you are young, move to a new country. I won't call it migrate. But when you hit mid 30s, stay in your own country. Routine, friends and family make us happy. So we should never thinking of relocating to another country.

Age can be a factor but it may not be the only factor or a significant factor.

Sometimes, it is a matter of how well you are able to accept the adopted country's culture.
Eg Malaysians migrating to Singapore, Singaporeans moving to Hongkong.

For my case, migrating has given me a new life as well. It is an on-going "assimilation" process because I am prepared to give myself a shot. from the beginning. It is not an easy process.

I have this angmo friend who is original from the UK. He is full of complaints about backward people here and about the tax difference with the UK. But he is staying because his retired father is here now. His father came here after his wife's passing - he found Perth to his liking and started a business and even got a new girlfriend. 2 generations and the elder one find Perth culture to his liking, but not the younger one. How do I explain this?

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
to neddy's ex-wife (i know u are a regular visitor in this forum),

good job. u should have left neddy the loser much earlier. hope your life is getting better now that there is no one else to beat u up or verbally abuse u. also i am sure u have more time on your hand now instead of like the past when u need to nag/pester/beg neddy everyday asking him to look for a job instead of playing online poker & games.

btw if neddy is not paying maintenance to u in time, let me know. i will intro some lawyer to u FOC.

take care :biggrin::eek:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some older generation Aussies are very and still maintain a very pommy mentality here. I suppose times have changed a lot in the UK and the climate is nicer here versus the old country. It could just be a simple matter of being in a familiar culture here. As for the son, Perth may not be as multi-cultural or metropolitan then over there. There are a lot of Poms here, I'm sure it is jus a matter of time he gets adjusted here. If someone from India/Vietnam/China can call this country home I don't see why his son can't.

Sometimes, it is a matter of how well you are able to accept the adopted country's culture.

For my case, migrating has given me a new life as well. It is an on-going "assimilation" process because I am prepared to give myself a shot. from the beginning. It is not an easy process.

I have this angmo friend who is original from the UK. He is full of complaints about backward people here and about the tax difference with the UK. But he is staying because his retired father is here now. His father came here after his wife's passing - he found Perth to his liking and started a business and even got a new girlfriend. 2 generations and the elder one find Perth culture to his liking, but not the younger one. How do I explain this?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
to neddy's ex-wife,

good job. u should have left neddy the loser much earlier. hope your life is getting better now that there is no one else to beat u up or verbally abuse u.

also i am sure u have more time on your hand now instead of like the past when u need to nag/pester/beg neddy everyday asking him to look for a job instead of playing online poker & games.

btw if neddy is not paying maintenance to u in time, let me know. i will intro some lawyer to u FOC.:biggrin: neddy the loser is hiding in ossieland now trying to siam maintenance.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is always hard to adapt to new lifestyle and new environment if one is too old. Always try the lifestyle first before do the real migration

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is always hard to adapt to new lifestyle and new environment if one is too old. Always try the lifestyle first before do the real migration

You have a point. I see older Vietnamese refugees still living like they are in Vietnam. These people got no choice to migrate.

It is a good idea to try the lifestyle first, but these days, a lot of people don't really migrate. I know Aussies who go to China to teach English, end up studying Chinese and working there. They like the lifestyle but will not migrate permanently there.

Somehow, Singapore is one of those countries that take the "citizenship" too seriously for its own people and tie the idea of loyalty with citizenship. So, when Singaporeans migrate, it is like a one-way journey.

I find it liberating after holding an Aussie passport because Australia do not have strict laws so I can migrate again to another country without the stigma of a quitter, and still hold on to my Aussie citizenship. In fact, going to NZ is one choice, going to Japan is another choice. For Japan, I will try out the lifestyle first :smile:.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.
It is really difficult to cope without maids.

This is how useless you people are. So needy and dependent on others even in your own home that is hardly a king's castle. You fucks.

That is where the church comes in - willing babysitters.
And you even secretly hope to use the church to suit your own purposes. You fucking worthless and disgusting animal.

The avatar should be you.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is definitely better because of the lower taxes and the fact that you can just fire locals to bring in cheaper foreigners without having to explain or account for it.

That's why. It's all about productivity and pushing up the economy to help everyone. What's there to account for when these intentions are noble?

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore sure is a good place if you are rich and well-connected. :biggrin:

So's everywhere. Similarly everywhere's hell if you are poor and useless. Don't cry like a dog if you have no ability to live up to the high standards of this industralized country and have to find an excuse however defeated to make yourself feel better in this false rationalization. A loser, is a loser, and that is you, stupid dog.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
It maybe the 1st generation of Vietnamese but a lot of born in Australia Vietnamese are actually very aussie.

You have a point. I see older Vietnamese refugees still living like they are in Vietnam. These people got no choice to migrate.

It is a good idea to try the lifestyle first, but these days, a lot of people don't really migrate. I know Aussies who go to China to teach English, end up studying Chinese and working there. They like the lifestyle but will not migrate permanently there.

Somehow, Singapore is one of those countries that take the "citizenship" too seriously for its own people and tie the idea of loyalty with citizenship. So, when Singaporeans migrate, it is like a one-way journey.

I find it liberating after holding an Aussie passport because Australia do not have strict laws so I can migrate again to another country without the stigma of a quitter, and still hold on to my Aussie citizenship. In fact, going to NZ is one choice, going to Japan is another choice. For Japan, I will try out the lifestyle first :smile:.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal

So's everywhere. Similarly everywhere's hell if you are poor and useless. Don't cry like a dog if you have no ability to live up to the high standards of this industralized country and have to find an excuse however defeated to make yourself feel better in this false rationalization. A loser, is a loser, and that is you, stupid dog.

What makes you think I am not some rich guy in the first place? :biggrin:
If I tell you that I know some PAP people myself, do you still think I am loser? :biggrin: :wink:

Rimururu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never knew so many Singaporeans want to migrate, I certainly do not feel it among the people here. Most kpkpb about PAP, but in the end still vote and rather stay in SG.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What makes you think I am not some rich guy in the first place? :biggrin:
If I tell you that I know some PAP people myself, do you still think I am loser? :biggrin: :wink:

I wish I have no PAP relatives. One of them is a PAP dog. I think you know how I feel knowing them. That is why I stay away from them.

Never knew so many Singaporeans want to migrate, I certainly do not feel it among the people here. Most kpkpb about PAP, but in the end still vote and rather stay in SG.

I do not know about the rest, but when I know what PAP is up to, I thought I better leave. When my close friend got promoted in the union - he left too. Everyone know that he is promoted to shut him up. True migration is not for everyone. It is good that you do not feel the need to do that. :smile:

It maybe the 1st generation of Vietnamese but a lot of born in Australia Vietnamese are actually very aussie.

It is always the first generation, because of our historical baggages.
I have this games room which I thought of converting to reflect my childhood nostalgia, including childhood games and photos of Old Katong to a scale model of Fiat 500. It is an inspiration from my Italian-Aussie friend who has a "Lake Como" room.
When we get older, we will crave for memorabilia from our youth. Even interracial marriages fell apart because they want the spouse from their home country. :biggrin:

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish I have no PAP relatives. One of them is a PAP dog. I think you know how I feel knowing them. That is why I stay away from them.

When we get older, we will crave for memorabilia from our youth. Even interracial marriages fell apart because they want the spouse from their home country. :biggrin:

neddy loser,

your marriage fell apart becos u physically and verbally abuse your wife. you bastard CCB shit :oIo::oIo::oIo:

btw dun think u can siam maintenance by hiding in ossieland. be a man, pay up ok LOSER!!:biggrin: