• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

50% Singaporean may migrate overseas

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are lousy migrants. They expect their new host nation to be a "mini Singapore" when they migrate there. Then, they found out that it is not like Singapore and move back.

what do u do? never try u never know

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on ! My wifey took 4 yrs to adapt to the new world, such as the ability to push the wheelie bin to the footpath.. but she has yet to master the art of gardening :( I need to give her another 10yrs for that !

My 5th year in a new country and yet I still can't adjust to the lifestyle here.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I migrated in my early 30s. A lot if my friends said the same thing. Won't find a job, discrimination bla blah. That was 3 years ago. Now I get calls from some of them asking how to migrate. Family friends play a big part. How much you are tied to the country. What I find is if you are cash up back home you won't migrate. Even if you do. Apply for it, you would have stayed in the country.

Agreed on your post. But, migrating is not an option out. When you are young, move to a new country. I won't call it migrate. But when you hit mid 30s, stay in your own country. Routine, friends and family make us happy. So we should never thinking of relocating to another country.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
what do u do? never try u never know

I am not discouraging people from migrating, but one must have realistic expectation that your new home is not going to be like Singapore, which many Singaporeans cannot forgo.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still find emigrating is not an option out to escape singapore lifestyle. Relocating and trying new lifestyle is an alternative. Learn from life experiences. I got to know a few people emigrated to a new country, but could not get use to the hardships...

I migrated in my early 30s. A lot if my friends said the same thing. Won't find a job, discrimination bla blah. That was 3 years ago. Now I get calls from some of them asking how to migrate. Family friends play a big part. How much you are tied to the country. What I find is if you are cash up back home you won't migrate. Even if you do. Apply for it, you would have stayed in the country.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a thought to share with everyone. Migrating is not an easy option out and it gets harder u r a lot older

I am not discouraging people from migrating, but one must have realistic expectation that your new home is not going to be like Singapore, which many Singaporeans cannot forgo.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Just a thought to share with everyone. Migrating is not an easy option out and it gets harder u r a lot older

Emigrating in general is not easy but emigrating to get out of that shithole called "Sinkiepoor" is very, very easy. You're pretty much better off no matter where you end up.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Emigrating in general is not easy but emigrating to get out of that shithole called "Sinkiepoor" is very, very easy. You're pretty much better off no matter where you end up.

I should say it all depends on individuals. But people who want to emigrate, they should be prepared to go through hardships.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I should say it all depends on individuals. But people who want to emigrate, they should be prepared to go through hardships.

It's nothing compared to the hardships faced by those who are stuck in Singapore with 5 million other obnoxious sinkies and foreigners.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore sure is a good place if you are rich and well-connected. :biggrin:

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes it will be harder. But it is better to die trying than to die without any trial. Study and research on the country you want to migrate to first, then make the final decision.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you r rich and well connected any place would be a good place not just Singapore.

Singapore is definitely better because of the lower taxes and the fact that you can just fire locals to bring in cheaper foreigners without having to explain or account for it. I cannot find another nation that allows the same.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Singapore sure is a good place if you are rich and well-connected. :biggrin:

The rich don't have to live in Singapore. All they need to do is list Singapore as their primary abode for tax purposes. That's what I do to take advantage of the low income tax regime.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes it will be harder. But it is better to die trying than to die without any trial. Study and research on the country you want to migrate to first, then make the final decision.

definitely, always good to try than not to try

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is definitely better because of the lower taxes and the fact that you can just fire locals to bring in cheaper foreigners without having to explain or account for it. I cannot find another nation that allows the same.

singapore works the same concept as america. they hire and fire people, and they got the cheap labour from the neighbouring countries.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rich don't have to live in Singapore. All they need to do is list Singapore as their primary abode for tax purposes. That's what I do to take advantage of the low income tax regime.

That is what many did, especially those from Western nations.