• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A message for Quitters - Must see !

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
A message for Quitters - A must see ! Unbelievable Inspiration !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abnIJwbUseQ

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you made it or not, importantly, you have your love ones and doing the stuff you like to do.. be happy.. is all you need..

I must be an idiot, if I ever consider myself a failure !

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A message for Quitters - A must see ! Unbelievable Inspiration !

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you made it or not, importantly, you have your love ones and doing the stuff you like to do.. be happy.. is all you need..

I must be an idiot, if I ever consider myself a failure !

It works better than blaming someone else, eg the govt, for failure. That only works when I am in Singapore because of the "demands and obligations" the govt over there imposed on Singaporeans.

In Australia, after you pay your dues to the Australian Queen & her govts, it is up to you to live your life and do whatever you want. :biggrin:

人生有多少十年?
We need to prioritise on what are the important things in our lives.

Eg. We can never earn enough money.
After we attained our first million, we look around and notice people who have billions.

Eg. After I got my Merc, I saw this AMG.

Eg.
Some greenie idiot put up this poster saying how poorly Australia is doing environmentally. We need 3.5 Earth to support the kind of living we are having.

I look at my material weath, and realise that I do not need all these things to be successful. Why should I use someone's else yardstick to measure success?

I put in a bar fridge to fill up space, not for needs but to stop the echo in an empty room. I have another 2 full-sized fridges and 1 upright freezer at home! Shocking for a household of usually 2.

I have a dishwater that I run monthly so it does not spoil, not because I have a lot of dishes to wash.

I have an outdated 60" plasma TV sitting in a home entertainment room which I stopped using, because I have an LED TV in my lounge, a LCD TV in the kitchen, a LCD TV in each bedroom as well as the activity room upstairs. I am thinking of getting an LG 3-D Series 9 but hold-on, Toshiba 3D do not need specs. Yes, it is impressive when Singaporeans visit, but it is stressful to own too many things. I am the most foolish person if I need to use these to show-off when there are better things to do..

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Australia, after you pay your dues to the Australian Queen & her govts, it is up to you to live your life and do whatever you want. :biggrin:

人生有多少十年?
We need to prioritise on what are the important things in our lives.

Words can't explain my feelings in Australia.. I get to choose my hobby.. and work on my hobby whenever I want.. or however I want.. no rules & no permit..

I feel happy ;-)

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an outdated 60" plasma TV sitting in a home entertainment room which I stopped using, because I have an LED TV in my lounge, a LCD TV in the kitchen, a LCD TV in each bedroom as well as the activity room upstairs. I am thinking of getting an LG 3-D Series 9 but hold-on, Toshiba 3D do not need specs. Yes, it is impressive when Singaporeans visit, but it is stressful to own too many things. I am the most foolish person if I need to use these to show-off when there are better things to do..

Eh, I might be able to look at the 3D TV sometime today. You sure no need specs? The one that don't require specs still has a long way to go before arriving in Aussieland.

I've been happy here as well. Never thought I would own a Rolex, drive a Mini cooper S as well. So much things, and enjoying life so much more nowadays. Work, could slack a bit here, slack a bit there. Write some report, and start implementing stuff.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not what you bought, it is what you use them for, that brings contentment.

Eh, I might be able to look at the 3D TV sometime today. You sure no need specs?

The LG series 9 still need 3d specs. But the Japanese are trialing those that do not need.
I like the LCD touchpad remote control which can acts as a multi-device remote control
For $9,000. My partner will kill me for spending this type of money.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why u replying to him? He doesn't even have a house to live in.

Talking about house. I have been reminded again of my greed and impatience.

I expect things to happen fast because I realised that I have been using computer. In the past, I have to wait patiently for next day's newspaper to see a report of an accident I witness. These days, there are LIVE broadcast!

Last time, I wait for days for letters to arrive, now I type and you receive reply instantly.

NO wonder I am getting impatient.

Now, it takes my public utility fees to skyrocket, then I realise that in my dash to accumulate wealth, I have added headache to myself. But they are all depreciating, what wastefulness. Nowadays, gas, water and power bills are too high, I need to be frugal again. Living is fun.

I thought school exams coming, but the trolls are still so busy. My IGNORE sign is up again so I don't anyhow reply.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come you know they are still in school?

Talking about house. I have been reminded again of my greed and impatience.

I expect things to happen fast because I realised that I have been using computer. In the past, I have to wait patiently for next day's newspaper to see a report of an accident I witness. These days, there are LIVE broadcast!

Last time, I wait for days for letters to arrive, now I type and you receive reply instantly.

NO wonder I am getting impatient.

Now, it takes my public utility fees to skyrocket, then I realise that in my dash to accumulate wealth, I have added headache to myself. But they are all depreciating, what wastefulness. Nowadays, gas, water and power bills are too high, I need to be frugal again. Living is fun.

I thought school exams coming, but the trolls are still so busy. My IGNORE sign is up again so I don't anyhow reply.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
very good to see so many successful quitters here. cheers.

all others, please do not post 'failed' stories. i will get demoralised. i want to migrate.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woodbridge should stop giving their patients internet access. :smile:

let me share this story with you, probably u could have heard it before;

a man was driving to a party when his car suffered a tire puncture and it broke down right beside a mental asylum. as he was changing the tire, there was this mental patient who quietly observed his action behind the iron fence. As the driver was about to reach for the nuts that had been loosened and stored in a hub cap next to the drain, he accidentally knocked it over and spilled the nuts into the drain. He kicked a fuss and as he was lamenting about the situation, the mental patient told him to loosen a nut from the other 3 wheels and then fasten onto the replaced tire. So all wheels would have 3 nuts and the driver can drive off. Surprised and overjoyed, the driver couldnt help to think how does a smart person like him could end up in a mental asylum. So he asked the patient; "i would like to know the reason why?"
The patient replied; "i was here because im crazy, not because im stupid!"

likewise, the tolls arent that crazy.. no, they are just stupid. even mental asylum would have rejected him.