• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WARNING: do not eat Indomie, got ban substance!

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN AVA sleeping again arh?!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Posted on 12 Oct 2010
Taiwan bans Indomie due to harmful preservative: Is it safe to eat in S'pore?

taiwan_bans_indomie_noodles_due_to_harmful_preservative-thumbnail.jpg

A STOMPer was worried when he came across an online news report which announced the recall of Indomie noodles in Taiwan. He wonders if the brand of noodles is safe to consume in Singapore.

According to a newspaper report, Taiwanese authorities have banned Indomie mee goreng after finding para hydroxy benzoic acid, a preservative meant for cosmetics, in the noodles.

Said the STOMPer in his email:

"I came across this video report online, which announced that Indomie Mee Goreng Fried Noodles has recently been recalled in Taiwan.

"Apparently, the seasoning packets contain preservatives used in making cosmetics which is harmful to health.

"I wonder if the Singapore Health Authority will similarly be recalling this brand of instant noodles.

"In the meantime, I am going to avoid eating the noodles. Better be safe than sorry!"

The Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) is carrying out investigations to ensure that Indomie noodles in Singapore are safe for consumption.

mee5jpg1286852675718-data.jpg

mee8jpg1286852676921-data.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like the the indo mie mee goreng, that is the best from them, dry noodle with no soup, just lots of oil and sauce.

yum yum.

long time eat one ok.

dun eat everyday.

bakaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indo mie goreng with black kecap and condiment, Enak sekali !
Eat maybe die slowly but don't eat sure die ! :biggrin:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak! My favourite "Original" and those with extra sauce mei goreng. Still got some packets brought from Fairprice.

Also saw some aunties bringing back whole carton of mei goreng from Batam.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak! My favourite "Original" and those with extra sauce mei goreng. Still got some packets brought from Fairprice.

same same my fav instant noodles too!

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
same same my fav instant noodles too!

Over here in Canada, every Chinese store in every city, you can see people buying this Mee Gorengs by cartons.

I myself have been recommending strangers in the stores to try them.

No matter what, I will still eat the last remaining packages...."die-then-count".

saf_ranger

Alfrescian
Loyal

ya and is cheap to 1 ctn less then 8 sing...and the tast is much more nice then singapore indo mee

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya and is cheap to 1 ctn less then 8 sing...and the tast is much more nice then singapore indo mee

May be it's the banned parahydroxy benzoic acid preservatives that make it so tasty. Of course the condiments contain extra salt and sugar.

I remember used to buy tasty otaks by the dozens from Tg Pinang until the AVA banned them for having too much benzoic acid.

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it? Why AVA need to do their own tests before banning the product?

Put them away from our shelves - What will happen if children eat them and maybe too late to rectify the problem "contain preservatives used in making cosmetics which is harmful to health"!

saf_ranger

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it? Why AVA need to do their own tests before banning the product?

Put them away from our shelves - What will happen if children eat them and maybe too late to rectify the problem "contain preservatives used in making cosmetics which is harmful to health"!

i was wondering have they test the maggie mee too.all this while we are eatting it and we still standing here, i live in batam now every day i eat indon mee .the best part is they use the mee to from FRYS mee to wet mee. even the famour ba tuk teh in NAGOYA indo rasa coffee shop is using indo mee to cook thier ba tuk mee....and ppl still take it...

i believe that maggie mee is not doing well so the plot it up...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like the the indo mie mee goreng, that is the best from them, dry noodle with no soup, just lots of oil and sauce.

yum yum.

long time eat one ok.

dun eat everyday.

You only mati once, you know, long time one, one year 10, that is enough to ingest whatever poison into your system, plus all others you eat long time, ONE!

You only live ONCE..not Twice!:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go get real instant ramen noodles. Available at Cold Storage (Centrepoint & Takashimaya), Isetan Lido, Meidiya Liang Court and NTUC Bishan Junction 8. However, be prepared to pay about S$8 per pack of five packets. For the frozen version, about S$7 per pack of two servings. That's serious noodle and serious soup base. There're dry fried versions too. Famous localised brands like Chu Qian Yi Ding and Myojyo are also available, however in different quality and at different price of course.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was wondering have they test the maggie mee too.all this while we are eatting it and we still standing here, i live in batam now every day i eat indon mee .the best part is they use the mee to from FRYS mee to wet mee. even the famour ba tuk teh in NAGOYA indo rasa coffee shop is using indo mee to cook thier ba tuk mee....and ppl still take it..

Singaporeans : lifespan = 89.9 years ; Deathrate : 4.66 per 1000
Indonesia : lifespan = 70.7 years ; Deathrate : 6.25 per 1000

That explains, isn't it?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest news! Safe to eat Indomie again! Singapore's batch ok. May be Batam's one not ok. So skip the fried mee or Bakso mie when in Batam.

Indomie noodles in Singapore do not contain cosmetic preservative: AVA

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Agri Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) said tests carried out have shown that the "Indomie" instant noodles in Singapore don't contain the chemical preservative, Para-hydroxy Benzoates.

The preservative is not allowed in instant noodles under Singapore's Food Regulations.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, AVA said it conducts regular checks on instant noodles as part of the food safety surveillance programme.

Following reports of Para-hydroxy Benzoates in "Indomie" instant noodles in Taiwan, AVA took samples of the noodles for further investigation.

By S Ramesh | Posted: 13 October 2010 - Channel NewsAsia