• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TKL Held 3rd Protest @ Hong Lim Park

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffee Shop Talk - 500 protest lost savings </TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">BREAKlNGNEWS <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">7:25 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>10454.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Oct 25, 2008
500 protest lost savings <!--10 min-->
The rally at Speaker's Corner, the third so far, was led by former NTUC Income chief Tan Kin Lian.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- headline one : start --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Gracia Chiang
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
np-tankinlian.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

The rally at was led by former chief executive officer of NTUC Income Tan Kin Lian (pictured), who announced that he was starting a fourth petition to urge banks to seek a 'common approach' to compensate investors who had bought Lehman's Minibonds. -- PHOTO: THE NEWPAPER
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"-->FOR the third time, around 500 Singaporeans gathered again at Speakers' Corner on Saturday to protest unhappiness over their lost savings from investing in Lehman-linked products. The rally at Hong Lim Park was led by former chief executive officer of insurer NTUC income Tan Kin Lian, who announced that he was starting a fourth petition to urge banks to seek a 'common approach' to compensate investors who had bought Lehman's Minibonds.
Mr Tan, who has taken on the role of championing the investors' cause, said he hopes to collect 1,000 signatures for the petition which will be sent to the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
The petition urges banks to return a fixed percentage of their investment as compensation.
Many who turned up at the gathering were young and English-educated Singaporeans.
In the earlier two rallies held in the last two weekends, Mr Tan had asked the MAS and the various banks to look into what investors say were widespread cases of mis-selling.
They claimed they were sweet-talked into buying what they thought were safe products when all they wanted was to renew their fixed deposit accounts.

About 10,000 people sank over $500 million into the risky investment products which became virtually worthless after the American investment Bank Lehman Brothers collapsed last month.
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_294823.html

610x-1.jpg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffee Shop Talk - Man hand over "plaque" to Mr Tan K L</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">limtuakang <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">8:27 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>10471.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Excerpts from Mr Tan Kin Lian’s speech:
“Somebody asked me, Mr Tan, is it possible to get back 100% ? Honestly, I don’t think so. Because already the underlying assets, so many have already failed. Before Lehman Brothers went under, the value has dropped below 50%.”
“Hong Kong asked the banks to buy over, is that good or no good. But it depends buy over for how much. According to what I read, buy over at market value is no good. Market value today is only 10 to 15%. You might as well take the risk and wait. But if they over 70 or 80%, I think it is worthwhile.”
Mr (?) Siew Ong Koh (rushing to the stage before Mr Tan left to hand over a “plaque” to him):
“Ladies and gentleman, let’s thank Mr Tan. I have one word. Now I have one way. Through legality, we are all lost. But we are looking for a response from the people. Who are responsible ? The Top Top, the Fat cat, or MOF or another honest mistake !”
Watch the rest of videos here:
Part 2: [URL="http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/10/25/mr-tan-kin-lian%e2%80%99s-speech-at-hong-lim-park-part-2-25-oct-2008"]http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/10/25/mr-tan-kin-lian%e2%80%99s-speech-at-hong-lim-park-part-2-25-oct-2008/[/URL]
Part 3: <A href="http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/10/25/mr-tan-kin-lian%e2%80%99s-speech-at-hong-lim-park-part-3-25-oct-2008/" target=_blank>http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/10/25/mr-tan-kin-lian%e2%80%99s-speech-at-hong-lim-park-part-3-25-oct-2008/
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Further talks are futile. I suggest Mr Tan led the 1,000 peoples to do this outside the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).

2m4rrlt.jpg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Part 2: <A href="http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/10/25/mr-tan-kin-lian%e2%80%99s-speech-at-hong-lim-park-part-2-25-oct-2008/" target=_blank>[URL="http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/10/25/mr-tan-kin-lian%e2%80%99s-speech-at-hong-lim-park-part-2-25-oct-2008/"]http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/2008/10/25/mr-tan-kin-lian%e2%80%99s-speech-at-hong-lim-park-part-2-25-oct-2008/[/URL]

Is not that bui lian holding a digital cam behind TKL the poodle who tried to tekan CSC during one of her protests but kena malu instead cos she's not in uniform?

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
IS this TKL a rep. send by the Government to test the ground on the sentiments of the people who lost their money?

papa san

Alfrescian
Loyal
IS this TKL a rep. send by the Government to test the ground on the sentiments of the people who lost their money?

A presidential candidate-to-be out to prove that he is able and willing to work for the people and should be elected by the people of Singapore.

Z

Zombie

wah lose money can protest ah.

then i lose money in stock mkt, govt shud compensate me

TKL is shooting the bee hive from a distance using the catapult. And then asking the people to go forward to get the honey.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
then i lose money in stock mkt, govt shud compensate me

well,if you can prove that,you are being mis-led by your broker or banker into buying it,then maybe you have a case.

those protesting at the Speaker's Corner,are those that suffered loses becos of those FAs who do not explained in details the risks to those who cannot read or do not have educations - old folks,who normally place their money in fixed deposit. Once it is matured,they will goto the bank and put into another fixed deposit,this is where,those customer service officers/tellers and FAs station at the banks will introuduce those products and cyclo them to buy.

TKL is doing a good deed,or maybe he has his own agenda....i believe he may stay for maybe the next President election or the next election. that is why he is so active and want the exposures.