• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Big difference among Australian cities?

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always hear from relatives here and there, Perth is a boring place. Want to migrate to Australia, at least settle down on Sydney or Melbourne. Don't bother going Adelaide, cause it is just the Southern version of Perth.

Will be glad to hear some opinions from Samsters who had lived in any Australian cities long-term.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better to live in Asia and North Asia than Australia. You think you get to live in a house with garden. you might end up buying a house older than you. In Syndey you still have many over 40 years old houses with 1 toilet and 2 small bedrooms. Worst than HDB 3 bedroom which at least give you 2 toilets.

Trend of migrations has changed over past 10 years. Asians only migrated here for cheaper chidlren educations and choose Melbourne Uni and will tell you Mel better. Those who went to Syndey only to educate their children and will go home after their chidlren finish uni. Sydney is often said to be too far away from Asia (7 hrs by plane is considered far for Sinkies).

Many Asians came here as migrants only want the cheap Ang moh uni educations and will go back to Asia and that is number one reason. Those who continues to live here after their uni were mostly children who came here when they are small or babies and their kids don't go back to Asia becos they become more ang moh than a Chinese.

Trend of mirgation to Aus has changed for Asians and don't wants to live with ang mohs. Ang moh more racists, cheats and arrogance than other races in the world. Asians have left and gone back to Asia.

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better to live in Asia and North Asia than Australia. You think you get to live in a house with garden. you might end up buying a house older than you. In Syndey you still have many over 40 years old houses with 1 toilet and 2 small bedrooms. Worst than HDB 3 bedroom which at least give you 2 toilets.

Trend of migrations has changed over past 10 years. Asians only migrated here for cheaper chidlren educations and choose Melbourne Uni and will tell you Mel better. Those who went to Syndey only to educate their children and will go home after their chidlren finish uni. Sydney is often said to be too far away from Asia (7 hrs by plane is considered far for Sinkies).

Many Asians came here as migrants only want the cheap Ang moh uni educations and will go back to Asia and that is number one reason. Those who continues to live here after their uni were mostly children who came here when they are small or babies and their kids don't go back to Asia becos they become more ang moh than a Chinese.

Trend of mirgation to Aus has changed for Asians and don't wants to live with ang mohs. Ang moh more racists, cheats and arrogance than other races in the world. Asians have left and gone back to Asia.
Interesting reply, never knew that Asians are now migrating to other Asian countries nowadays. I was expecting Australian houses to be like those in America, but from what you say, it can be worse than HDB flat. Really an eye-opener.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting reply, never knew that Asians are now migrating to other Asian countries nowadays. I was expecting Australian houses to be like those in America, but from what you say, it can be worse than HDB flat. Really an eye-opener.

well...its a big difference...what u see on tv and hear on radio is far different if u come to aust....accent, culture, and etc....

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
well...its a big difference...what u see on tv and hear on radio is far different if u come to aust....accent, culture, and etc....
I know about the accent and culture will be very different from the US but I never knew housing is also different. Thought that since Australia is a big country, housing should be better than HDB pigeon holes.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Better stay in Singapore lah! :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its all misleading statements and comments. You better of in Singapore. Housing in Australia is small, poor constructed and badly planned. I am no surprised that its called the white trash of Asia. They also speak bad english and they are very very lazy. If you take a bus or train, it will stop halfway because the driver time quota is up. Some of the streets in Sydney and Melbourne have yet to be completed because of union action. No point having a car because of it. Also they are racist. By the time you leave the airport, at least 2 people would have spit at you.

Go to JB, thailand, or even China. So much better and cheaper, More cultured and developed and they speak good english.

I know about the accent and culture will be very different from the US but I never knew housing is also different. Thought that since Australia is a big country, housing should be better than HDB pigeon holes.

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its all misleading statements and comments. You better of in Singapore. Housing in Australia is small, poor constructed and badly planned. I am no surprised that its called the white trash of Asia. They also speak bad english and they are very very lazy. If you take a bus or train, it will stop halfway because the driver time quota is up. Some of the streets in Sydney and Melbourne have yet to be completed because of union action. No point having a car because of it. Also they are racist. By the time you leave the airport, at least 2 people would have spit at you.

Go to JB, thailand, or even China. So much better and cheaper, More cultured and developed and they speak good english.
I do know about the rampant racism among Australians. Either it is the "Go back to China!", egg-throwing or spitting. But I thought it will be relegated to small towns like Adelaide or Perth. Never knew that Sydney and Melbourne have such problems too. And the laziness of Australians are famous. Especially Perth, knock-off after 5 :wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are behind time bro. Knockout time is about 3.30pm. It depends on the boss. If he goes first, all follow behind. When I was there, I never walk on the pavement near the city centre. One fellow will start yelling go back to China and the whole neighbourhood will immediately rush to their balconies and ask you to fuck off in unison. Can cry bro with the embarrassment.

Singaporeans like to go to Perth because there are less people so the abuse is little. The only things I don't like about Perth is that many of them like to keep kangaroos as pets and when you walk by, they release the leash and the bloody thing will start bounding to you.

Have to say that native aborigines are nice. If you are lucky, you might get an invitation to have a beer in their treehouse in Kings Park. Good views on a nice day.

I do know about the rampant racism among Australians. Either it is the "Go back to China!", egg-throwing or spitting. But I thought it will be relegated to small towns like Adelaide or Perth. Never knew that Sydney and Melbourne have such problems too. And the laziness of Australians are famous. Especially Perth, knock-off after 5 :wink:

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are behind time bro. Knockout time is about 3.30pm. It depends on the boss. If he goes first, all follow behind. When I was there, I never walk on the pavement near the city centre. One fellow will start yelling go back to China and the whole neighbourhood will immediately rush to their balconies and ask you to fuck off in unison. Can cry bro with the embarrassment.

Singaporeans like to go to Perth because there are less people so the abuse is little. The only things I don't like about Perth is that many of them like to keep kangaroos as pets and when you walk by, they release the leash and the bloody thing will start bounding to you.

Have to say that native aborigines are nice. If you are lucky, you might get an invitation to have a beer in their treehouse in Kings Park. Good views on a nice day.

Oh lol. Looks like I am far behind. Last time, I went Perth, it was still knock-off after 5. As for the bolded part, I feel for you scroobal, bad enough being racially abused by one punk, worse is when others join in. Only positive thing is they have not decided to take it physically.

I am under the impression that Singaporeans go Perth because of cheaper cost of living compared to Sydney and Melbourne. But as they say, "Prepared to be bored to death". But I did not know the locals there keep kangaroos as pets. Times have changed.

As for the native Aborigines, not sure about them, do know that police there love to target them for hauling up.

Btw which Australian cities have you been to? :p

And with so many negative posts about Australia, I may reconsider. (still in planning stages). But maybe I will lean more to NZ more now.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh lol. Looks like I am far behind. Last time, I went Perth, it was still knock-off after 5. As for the bolded part, I feel for you scroobal, bad enough being racially abused by one punk, worse is when others join in. Only positive thing is they have not decided to take it physically.

I am under the impression that Singaporeans go Perth because of cheaper cost of living compared to Sydney and Melbourne. But as they say, "Prepared to be bored to death". But I did not know the locals there keep kangaroos as pets. Times have changed.

As for the native Aborigines, not sure about them, do know that police there love to target them for hauling up.

And with so many negative posts about Australia, I may reconsider. (still in planning stages). But maybe I will lean more to NZ more now.

if u like the land of white that speaks english....canada would be good (best health care if you dont mind the weather)

or usa...everything in one country (clothes entertainment and etc....)

Aust (gosh everything is expensive and boring place) but its good for its slow life style and retirement pace.....

Dinkley

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u like the land of white that speaks english....canada would be good (best health care if you dont mind the weather)

or usa...everything in one country (clothes entertainment and etc....)

Aust (gosh everything is expensive and boring place) but its good for its slow life style and retirement pace.....
I would have preferred US or Canada though US is pretty dangerous with random nitwits packing guns. But so far I have worked out my budget, it is only sufficient for Australia and not even including Sydney.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would have preferred US or Canada though US is pretty dangerous with random nitwits packing guns. But so far I have worked out my budget, it is only sufficient for Australia and not even including Sydney.

guns ??u watch too much movies son.....they do have but its aint that dangerous unless u flex or floss around too much....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry bro, I was just yanking your chain as its a slow saturday.

Australia like all 1st world developed countries is wonderful and has so much potential for migrants. You can never fail in a 1st world country if you are capable and are prepared to adapt. The society is more egalitarian that most countries so they are more welcoming and very helpful. Its has lots of space and a good house and land is wonderful change.

Don't waste time, choose one of the developed countries and throw in your migrant papers. OZ, NZ and Canada require migrants and therefore take in many each year. Once you get approval you have anything like 3 to 5 years to make your final move.

Whatever it is do not downgrade and end up in Thailand, or any of the cheap 3rd world country unless you can't fund your retirement. People have all kinds of bias and negative comments about migrations and these destinations but these are afterall 1st world countries. I have lived, worked in two and can tell it has been a wonderful experience. Make your world your oyster and get the application in whether it is OZ, NS or Canada.

Oh lol. Looks like I am far behind. Last time, I went Perth, it was still knock-off after 5.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh lol. I am under the impression that Singaporeans go Perth because of cheaper cost of living compared to Sydney and Melbourne. But as they say, "Prepared to be bored to death". But I did not know the locals there keep kangaroos as pets. Times have changed.

This is what I heard 10 years ago. I have family who have returned from Perth after 20 years there and I dont see much difference in price between Sydney and Perth. The resource boom has changed Perth drastically - the number of people have increased the cost of living, traffic, pollution is now an issue as well as the cost of housing. My relatives have returned to Singapore millionaires after emigrating as low middle class workers over 20 years ago. Perth housing has been compared to London's in terms of unaffordability.

On this forum the question of guns, drugs, etc has been addressed. Every nation has them. Australia has had madmen running around gunning people down as has Canada and the US and even the UK. Guns exist outside Singapore as does drugs. Choosing a "good" area in a western country minimizes exposure but does not eradicate it.

What Scroobal says is true - countries like Thailand are becoming more popular to fund an affordable, leisurely retirement but if you wish a Western Lifestyle NZ, Canada and the US would be better bets than Australia. The US and Canada for example is especially cheap right now as cars, food, housing etc is drastically lower than Australia. Closer to home your best bet is NZ.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont forget about drop bear, yowies and those poisonous creatures like funnel web spiders. one wrong step outside and it will cost you your live!

Don Muthuswamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always hear from relatives here and there, Perth is a boring place. Want to migrate to Australia, at least settle down on Sydney or Melbourne. Don't bother going Adelaide, cause it is just the Southern version of Perth.

Will be glad to hear some opinions from Samsters who had lived in any Australian cities long-term.

Just a word of advise.... errrr... ok... advice. If you want good information about migration, this is not quite the place for it. For every one positive feedback, you get 10 negative ones like racism lah, guns lah, houses too small lah, at night not safe lah, expensive lah.... blah,blah,blah. The best would be to google about that country you want to go to, be it Oz,Nz,Can,US or wherever. Go and take a trip to your desired destination and see things for yourself, of course, going as a tourist is not going to be the same as someone living there but at least you'll have an idea. Talk to someone close, a friend or relative living there and get an idea. And remember, whatever someone tells you, its his or her opinion. It may or may not be applicable to you.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u prefer Canada then just apply for it lor, other than Vancouver, living cost should be lower than Oz. Just make sure you qualification is recognised by canada.

USA - unless u have a employer sponsored else its going to be a hard ride as US is still in the process of cleaning up the post GFC mess and unemployment is still as high as 9-10%

Australia - seriously with the rising costs I wouldn't recommend anyone with a weak surviving skills to even try.