• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

U wan us to "welcome" the people that destory this land?

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reach out and integrate foreigners into Singaporean society

AS MORE Chinese nationals come to Singapore to work, I wonder if too little is being done to integrate the study mamas, who are part of this group of immigrants, into Singapore society.

Many foreigners pay an arm and a leg to come here, and will try all means to survive to ensure that their undertaking was worthwhile.

Failure is not an option for them, because it means that not only will they lose out on their investment, but they will also suffer a loss of face when they return home and are branded failures.

The authorities could do more to integrate study mamas into Singapore society.

Grassroots organisations such as Residents' Committees could arrange gatherings involving foreigners living in the
neighbourhood.

Singaporeans who are their neighbours could also go the extra mile by making them feel welcome.

Many foreigners in Singapore feel lonely and isolated.

It is not surprising that they associate with their countrymen, while excluding others from their social circle.

Even though there are close to a million foreigners working among us, I have yet to get to know one whom I could call and go out for a drink with.

Many simply fraternise with fellow immigrants from their homeland or keep to themselves.

It is time we made an attempt to reach out to them, or else our society will remain alien to this growing group.

Mr Gilbert Goh Keow Wah

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reach out and integrate foreigners into Singaporean society
Many simply fraternise with fellow immigrants from their homeland or keep to themselves.
Mr Gilbert Goh Keow Wah

i tot it is Sinkies who have prejudice against them, which prevented them from hanging out with Sinkies?

Have we accepted them in the first place?

[U wan us to "welcome" the people that destory this land?]

Please explain how the people destroy this land?

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
sinkies deserve to be diluted. Nothing wrong with that.

Deserve? What make u say this word?

Bear in mind, the everyday citizens have no say in national policy & law.
And is not the citizen want this gov, is this gov refuse to let go.
Just look @ thai, what happen? Do we citizen in SGP want this 2 happen to our land, just like what is happening to Thai rite now?

This gov will not stay forever, as long as the "KING" pass on, the clown prince will fall to his feet n cry

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Deserve? What make u say this word?

Bear in mind, the everyday citizens have no say in national policy & law.
And is not the citizen want this gov, is this gov refuse to let go.
Just look @ thai, what happen? Do we citizen in SGP want this 2 happen to our land, just like what is happening to Thai rite now?

This gov will not stay forever, as long as the "KING" pass on, the clown prince will fall to his feet n cry

he is someone who hates sinkies, including his very own family.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Thais are living their life to their fullest.....

unlike US!! Boh Chees Sinkies don't even dare to speak up in public.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
siao bo u serious ar?

I believe he is serious.

When I was in the US, a schoolmate whom I only knew for a shortwhile invited me to his parent's home for Thanksgivings. I spent the holiday weekend with his family and he showed me around his small hometown. He even took me around for a couple of parties with his high school friends. I will always remeber him and try to be like this chap.

Also in the US, I've been to a couple of places where people were rude to me, and a few times I felt totally unwelcome and even threatened. I will always try not to be like these people.

Its up to us. Even if we can't be hospitable, at least try not to nasty. One day, we could be at the other end of the stick.

Cheers!