• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is it necessary to turn on the ERP gantry at the Fullerton Hotel

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Esplanade Bridge
'The gantry should not even be switched on.'
MR MICHAEL LOH: 'The Land Transport Authority's reply last Saturday ('ERP gantry location based on overall traffic condition') prompts another puzzle: Why is it necessary to turn on the ERP gantry at the Fullerton Hotel in the direction of Esplanade Bridge on Saturday afternoons? And why is there a premium of $2? I drove along that stretch on Saturday at about 1.30pm. Traffic was very light, with perhaps three or four cars in a stretch of 100m. There was no question of the average speed falling below 40kmh. Logically, the ERP gantry, which is to regulate heavy traffic, should not even be switched on and even if it should be, $2 is an exorbitant charge.'

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Makapaa I agree with you totally! Infact they should dismantle that ERP!!!

Ccb every morning takes away my breakfast and lunch, dinner also wanna take away!

Knn enter in the morning to drop off wife and evening also need to pay to pick up wife and pay to exit!!!

Nevermind will have retribution one

Esplanade Bridge
'The gantry should not even be switched on.'
MR MICHAEL LOH: 'The Land Transport Authority's reply last Saturday ('ERP gantry location based on overall traffic condition') prompts another puzzle: Why is it necessary to turn on the ERP gantry at the Fullerton Hotel in the direction of Esplanade Bridge on Saturday afternoons? And why is there a premium of $2? I drove along that stretch on Saturday at about 1.30pm. Traffic was very light, with perhaps three or four cars in a stretch of 100m. There was no question of the average speed falling below 40kmh. Logically, the ERP gantry, which is to regulate heavy traffic, should not even be switched on and even if it should be, $2 is an exorbitant charge.'

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traffic was very light, with perhaps three or four cars in a stretch of 100m.

LTA would probably reply, "This proves how effective ERP is and charging $2 is just about right. Without turning ERP on, traffic would be very heavy, with perhaps thirty or forty cars in a stretch of 100m."