• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need help, please share if you can, thanks

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today I cannot hide at my regular canal haunt because of some very heavy sludge

It will be like that for a week or two I guess

I need help to know where I can hide for peace and quiet

Everywhere there are doors slamming, people screaming at each other, cars blaring horn at one another, etc etc

It is so so noisy. Even at Macritchie Park don't get peace, parents screaming at their children 'don't run so fast,' or 'why you so slow..'

Where can I find pease and quiet

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
289100698_42fcfe2f61.jpg

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Ronaldinho,

I have such experience before...

And here are some of my personal experience that perhaps could be useful for you.

I've found out that;

ANGER, FRUSTRATIONS, WORRY, HATRED, ANXIETY....

All the above negative experience are caused by self, and by own's inner self.

Ways to counter negative experience;

1. Listening to Soothing Music, like, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Age_music_artists

Do feel free to go and find the new age music artists style... I do recommend Secret Garden as it does touch your soul while listening to the music.

Yanni's music offers hope and inspiration, likewise Kitaro as well.

However some new age music could be irritating... and noisy.

2. Take a vacation...(to far away places), if not able...

3. Meditation with earphones (with the above slow tempo music)

4. Talk to GOD if you have a religion, if not, talk to yourself...

5. Sleep with soothing music (earphones to muffle the noise outside)

6. Find a hobby you enjoy where time stand still...

7. Stop reading negative news from Sammyboy coffee shop talk... and cut off from the global news media (99% of news are negative)

8. Stop watching Television...

The above are just some of the ways to reduce and manage negative experiences, and turn them into positive experiences...

Once you are at peace with yourself, you can go to any loud noise places, and still feel calm and alright.

External Occurences don't really cause you to be angry, it's your own inner feeling that is disturbed, and causing you to feel not at peace.

Once you have inner peace with yourself, anywhere will be peaceful...

Once you are not at peace with yourself, you can go to a paradise city, and still feel frustrated...

speaking from experience... hope it's helpful to you.

GOD bless you and your family, “Assalaamu alaykum” -- Peace be with you...

:cool:

M

Mdm Tang

Everywhere there are doors slamming, people screaming at each other, cars blaring horn at one another, etc etc

It is so so noisy. Even at Macritchie Park don't get peace, parents screaming at their children 'don't run so fast,' or 'why you so slow..'

Try CCK C

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?p=401147&highlight=teng+fong#post401147

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
i sympathise & empathise with u ... s'pore is like that ... thats why call it singabloodypore ...

recent HDB survey shows - HDB estates although near to shops, transport links ... are damn DIRTY + NOISY ...

maybe u can try going to shenton way on weekend nites, nobody around except a few chinamen cycling here & there ...

goto reference library sit right in front of the librarian, then the FTs/FWs won't dare to talk on their handphones ...

even listen to mp3 on the bus also got Mat turn up their music so loud that it disturbs yours ... :mad:

gonna remember this next GE - gonna make PAP 'pay' for this deteriorating quality of life in singapore ! :mad:

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
do not goto Lim Chu Kang cemetery bcos got lotsa india FWs there playing cricket, make alot of noise ... even pontianak also get disturbed from her sleep ...

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can try Sembawang park,very isolated corner of spore. Alternatively, lower or upper pierce reservoir, or singer kadut reservoir, also very peaceful.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro is your canal linked to the Chinatown canal?

If yes, things should get back to normal in a few days.

CHINATOWN stinks like shit the last 10 days since the lightup till CNY day bcos they blocked water from entering or leaving the canal for SECURITY reason.
This is right in front of PPComplex where the CNY satge is. There is an open canal beneath that and it stinks like shit over the CNY.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I believe you are a healthy person, with a good family and kids. Perhpas it is time to count your blessing.

Health is wealth, a blessing
A loving and understanding spouse, a blessing
A closely knit family is bliss, a blessing
A simple walk in the park to take in the sight asnd feel the light breeze touching your face, a blessing.

Not rocket science, but simple contentment, you will fimd peace and quiet awaits you.

Among the hustle and bustle, hope peace and quiet finds you.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
All cities are like that. With CNY, worse; every now and again someone engages the clankers to tong chang tong chang! And gives them money for making big sound?!?

Peace and Quiet? Seek and ye shall find. Usually just a bus ride and a little walk.

Cheers!