• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Emigration Resource Central

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for your effort Scroobal :smile:, this forum has become much more pleasant and informative since you became the moderator.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries, happy to help. Not to mention the excellent contribution from many others and yourself.

thanks for your effort Scroobal :smile:, this forum has become much more pleasant and informative since you became the moderator.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries, happy to help. Not to mention the excellent contribution from many others and yourself.

Notice that ever since you've started blocking the loser cockroach's nicks and his rubbish, there has been a surge in the number of useful posts and discussions. Good going. :wink:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Notice that ever since you've started blocking the loser cockroach's nicks and his rubbish, there has been a surge in the number of useful posts and discussions. Good going. :wink:

Mate, the loser cockroach's nicks has been changing tunes. Wahahah it was so funny to see him try and defend Aust now. Even to the extend of being fanatical about it. I just love it his post keeps deleted and he keeps posting the same shit again and again. wahhahaah

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In general, a migrant will go through the follow processes when moving from one country to another.

process-of-transition.jpg

The journey is very individual. I have seen Ah Chans, Mudlander Chinese, Hongkies and Ah Neh succeed when they have less resources and language difficulties, so there is no reason why Singaporeans cannot.

Last edited:

Rafael Vandervaart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Bros..

I need enlightenment on my HDB flat issues...
I will be getting my Build To Order Unit unit on dec 2011.
But i wish to leave for Australia to work around mid 2012.

1) Will i able to rent out my whole unit legally?
2) Will i serve my Mininum Occupancy Period of 5 years even though i renting it out
while being overseas?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes to 1 if you and yr whole family are going over and nobody left who is able to stay behind. I dont think you can count yr overseas stay into yr MOP.

Google to HDB infoweb and get yr answers, you lazy lout!

Hey Bros..

I need enlightenment on my HDB flat issues...
I will be getting my Build To Order Unit unit on dec 2011.
But i wish to leave for Australia to work around mid 2012.

1) Will i able to rent out my whole unit legally?
2) Will i serve my Mininum Occupancy Period of 5 years even though i renting it out
while being overseas?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have seen Ah Chans, Mudlander Chinese, Hongkies and Ah Neh succeed when they have less resources and language difficulties, so there is no reason why Singaporeans cannot.

They may have less resources but they're a helleva lot more resourceful.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In general, a migrant will go through the follow processes when moving from one country to another.

As a follow-up to my chart. I think employment really define a man when he settles in a new country. Good things can happen out of the blue as I will point out below.

Eg A Singaporean, unemployed for several months, started to question his decision to migrate. He decided to take action and volunteer at a local Salvo 2 mornings a week.

After 2 months, he was "promoted" from helping out at a op shop to processing donations at HQ. Then came a call from a potential employer. This time round, unlike previous interviews, the interview was successful and the director of Salvo gave him a good reference with local work experience. This is the single life changing moment for him. After that, he never looked back and moved jobs until he is earning more than $100k. recently even made some pocket money investing in property.

salvo-salvation army

Another case. This guy, happy at finally leaving Stressapore, became angry with his migrant status because he has to work in a fish shop instead of this SAF high pay job. He took the wrong turn and became a gambler. But luckily, his family joined him and the wife pursue him to go to a locally run church. He kicked his gambling habit. Then, a church member gave him a job as a carpenter. He loved his 2nd career so much that he now runs a kitchen renovation business. His wife was wise to know that he is not the 'employee' type. So, this business is good for him. High pay and flexible time. He can stop work at 3:30pm for the kids. He drives a van but changes to his Merc 350 SUV to pick up kids from school. The son is not going back to serve NS!

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure there are many quitters have the same outcome - "happiness" at the end of the tunnel :wink:

Flower can't be attractive in an enclosed environment .. once ya in a new country.. lay your seeds and soon the roots will grow... finally, flower will bloom !

As a follow-up to my chart. I think employment really define a man when he settles in a new country. Good things can happen out of the blue as I will point out below.

Eg A Singaporean, unemployed for several months, started to question his decision to migrate. He decided to take action and volunteer at a local Salvo 2 mornings a week.

After 2 months, he was "promoted" from helping out at a op shop to processing donations at HQ. Then came a call from a potential employer. This time round, unlike previous interviews, the interview was successful and the director of Salvo gave him a good reference with local work experience. This is the single life changing moment for him. After that, he never looked back and moved jobs until he is earning more than $100k. recently even made some pocket money investing in property.

salvo-salvation army

Another case. This guy, happy at finally leaving Stressapore, became angry with his migrant status because he has to work in a fish shop instead of this SAF high pay job. He took the wrong turn and became a gambler. But luckily, his family joined him and the wife pursue him to go to a locally run church. He kicked his gambling habit. Then, a church member gave him a job as a carpenter. He loved his 2nd career so much that he now runs a kitchen renovation business. His wife was wise to know that he is not the 'employee' type. So, this business is good for him. High pay and flexible time. He can stop work at 3:30pm for the kids. He drives a van but changes to his Merc 350 SUV to pick up kids from school. The son is not going back to serve NS!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I ask why sinkies in SG have less resources.. and yet they are not resourceful ? Bcoz they need to apply for permit ?

I know of enough Singaporeans who think that Quitters should not be too how-lian just because we can afford to leave Sinkapore and have succeed in our new adopted countries. But you are wrong. We are not how-lian.

May I remind Singaporeans that a number of people who left Singapore have less wealth & resources then those who are left behind and whineing. Perhaps that is why they dare to take the plunge and seek a better life overseas.

人生有多少个十年
So, we need to seek our happiness.

Don't call the grapes sour because you do not want to leave. Just learn to be happy in your lives.

As for those who really cannot qualify for overseas, just ignore what I write. I sympathise with your situation.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of enough Singaporeans who think that Quitters should not be too how-lian just because we can afford to leave Sinkapore and have succeed in our new adopted countries. But you are wrong. We are not how-lian.

May I remind Singaporeans that a number of people who left Singapore have less wealth & resources then those who are left behind and whineing. Perhaps that is why they dare to take the plunge and seek a better life overseas.

人生有多少个十年
So, we need to seek our happiness.

Don't call the grapes sour because you do not want to leave. Just learn to be happy in your lives.

As for those who really cannot qualify for overseas, just ignore what I write. I sympathise with your situation.

Well, life outside the comfort zone isn't as good as they think.. However, it is far better than just simply living in an enclosed space and let the policy makers screw them upside down.

The last time my Perm Sec given me a book - "Who moved my Cheese".. I'm glad I have applied the principal and found my new cheese :wink:

Btw, someone said I am too cocky in the forum :( Isit I am cocky or they simply can't take the painful truth ? hehe

I came with 5k cash in my pocket.. After 5yrs of arriving, I have effectively dbl/triple my CPF money. NPV (net present value) is far more important than future value. Don't be fooled and have your CPF lock up for life.. I'm glad all quitters gain from the process. May the force be with us..

Rafael Vandervaart

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey bros...dun knoe whether u remember me or not but i have made the final submission to the aussie immi for the GSM visa...Wish me luck and hopefulli see u guys "down under" within the next two years. :smile:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey bros...dun knoe whether u remember me or not but i have made the final submission to the aussie immi for the GSM visa...Wish me luck and hopefulli see u guys "down under" within the next two years. :smile:

There are too many quitters wanabe here.. Some say 2-4 yrs.. some give reasons such as parents/wife objection.. some claimed lack of funds and some simply balls shrink..

Whoever you are and whatever you do... Good luck !

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are too many quitters wanabe here.. Some say 2-4 yrs.. some give reasons such as parents/wife objection.. some claimed lack of funds and some simply balls shrink..

Whoever you are and whatever you do... Good luck !

???? I thought you going back liao ?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
???? I thought you going back liao ?

After discussing with wifey - my balls shrank.. She objected the idea.. I guess I have only one solution - it is to stay put here in Melbourne :wink:. We'll probably visit SG on a regular basis.

So when are you relocating to Melbourne ?