• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SinkPost Service Falls to 3rd World Std!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dec 25, 2009

SingPost silent after parcel from Hong Kong goes missing

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
MY WIFE'S friend in Hong Kong sent us a registered parcel on Nov 23. She sent another one to us a couple of days later. The second parcel arrived safely within a week, but the first parcel failed to turn up. I called the SingPost hotline and spoke to an operator who told me there was no record of the parcel. I requested that they help me trace it and also for an officer to contact me. I was told that SingPost officers would reply to us via e-mail only once they have an outcome. I was advised to go online to lodge an inquiry with SingPost. I did as instructed. I waited for a few days but received no e-mail and no phone calls from SingPost.
I called the hotline again and was told again that they had no record of my parcel. In the meantime, my friend had checked with Hong Kong Post, whose record showed the parcel had arrived in Singapore on Dec 1.
I went to the SpeedPost website again and gave feedback on my experience. On Dec 9, I received a short e-mail from a SingPost customer service executive saying they did not have a record of my parcel and that I should contact Hong Kong Post instead. I replied with a link to Hong Kong Post's tracking record showing that my parcel had arrived in Singapore. I never received another response from SingPost.
I am totally disappointed with the attitude and service of SingPost. After several phone calls and e-mail, my parcel is still lost. Who should I turn to for help?
Chan Kok Weng

<!-- story content : end -->

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not surprise because of my own experience. I sent a regstered to the US which was never received.

When I approached Singpost, they already knew there were "problems". They never bothered to inform me. The only thing I got out of them was a few dollars, the cost of cancelling the lost cheque that was in the misplaced mail I sent.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
similiar incident personally. send one parcel to Indonesia. around the same time as above.

was told it would take around 8-14 days. paid for it. got the tracking number.

and .... it took a good 25 odd days to reach the destination.
however, they did response to my email when i ask them to check on my tracking number.
they even told me which bag it was in, and they would check with the Indonesia side.

but it's all very passive. certainly will not opt for speedpost again.