• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese Worker Issued with Receipt containing vulgarities

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow.... the chinese worker's english is so poor he couldn't figure out the four letter f#@$ word... :confused:

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2009/10/chinese-worker-issued-with-receipt-containing-vulgarities/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese worker issued with receipt containing vulgarities
Monday, 5 October 2009, 8:40 am | 4,017 views

Stephanie Chok
Looking at it makes me sick. Sick with rage, disbelief, and sadness.
I arrived in Geylang yesterday afternoon for a mooncake get-together with some migrant worker friends and volunteers.
Upon arrival, I was shown this receipt, issued by a phone shop just across the road. Song (not his real name), a construction worker from China, had walked across the road to buy a top-up Singtel card. He asked for a receipt and was issued with one that says on the top, ‘F**k U’. At the bottom, it says ‘F**k your Mother’.
Song, who did not understand what it meant, brought it back and showed it to a friend, Eric. ‘What does it say?’ Song asked, ‘I don’t understand.’ Eric was shocked, and returned to the store. The store clerk denied issuing it, and denied that Song had stepped into his store.
So there we were, a team of local volunteers and a group of Chinese nationals, grappling with the spillover of this hate message that I now held in my hand, and which Eric just had the unpleasant task of explaining. I felt polluted just holding on to it.
It was an awkward moment, a moment that made me so furious I took the receipt and promptly marched across the street, back to the store. ‘What are you going to say?’ asked my companion. Say? To be honest, I hardly felt like saying anything. I felt like hammering my fist into something (or someone).
I went into the store, took out the receipt and asked the man whom Song identified as the perpetrator, ‘Was this receipt issued by you?’. He looked at me defiantly and said, ‘No.’ He denied that the store issued the receipt, and refused to acknowledge that he had such a customer. The other man in the store, stony-faced, refused to even look me in the eye, and also denied the receipt was issued from the store.
COWARD.
He had the bile to spew such hateful language, yet lacked the guts to own up to it when confronted.
And the cunning! The store clerk used a ‘generic’ receipt, which wouldn’t identify their store, despite the fact that they also had a receipt book with the shop name printed on it.
So he thought that Song, this ‘hapless’ worker from China, would not understand the message and would not have friends who would alert him to what it meant. Or, at least, not so soon – and certainly not from just across the street. Friends who would return to confront him. The store clerk probably thought that Song would leave with this nasty message in his pocket and give it to someone else to read, oblivious. So, this is funny?
What mirth does one derive in insulting others without provocation? And in such a vile and disgusting manner?
And how does one deal with hatefulness such as this? After the rage has subsided, what is left?
A gaping emptiness, because our soul is momentarily depleted and confused.
A quiet desperation, from not knowing how to comfort someone whose dignity has been trampled on. And for no apparent reason beyond the fact that he is, well, visibly ‘different’.
A bitter aftertaste lines the pit of my stomach.
Dealing with HATE is tough.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow.... the chinese worker's english is so poor he couldn't figure out the four letter f#@$ word... :confused:

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2009/10/chinese-worker-issued-with-receipt-containing-vulgarities/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese worker issued with receipt containing vulgarities
Monday, 5 October 2009, 8:40 am | 4,017 views

Stephanie Chok
Looking at it makes me sick. Sick with rage, disbelief, and sadness.
I arrived in Geylang yesterday afternoon for a mooncake get-together with some migrant worker friends and volunteers.
Upon arrival, I was shown this receipt, issued by a phone shop just across the road. Song (not his real name), a construction worker from China, had walked across the road to buy a top-up Singtel card. He asked for a receipt and was issued with one that says on the top, ‘F**k U’. At the bottom, it says ‘F**k your Mother’.
Song, who did not understand what it meant, brought it back and showed it to a friend, Eric. ‘What does it say?’ Song asked, ‘I don’t understand.’ Eric was shocked, and returned to the store. The store clerk denied issuing it, and denied that Song had stepped into his store.
So there we were, a team of local volunteers and a group of Chinese nationals, grappling with the spillover of this hate message that I now held in my hand, and which Eric just had the unpleasant task of explaining. I felt polluted just holding on to it.
It was an awkward moment, a moment that made me so furious I took the receipt and promptly marched across the street, back to the store. ‘What are you going to say?’ asked my companion. Say? To be honest, I hardly felt like saying anything. I felt like hammering my fist into something (or someone).
I went into the store, took out the receipt and asked the man whom Song identified as the perpetrator, ‘Was this receipt issued by you?’. He looked at me defiantly and said, ‘No.’ He denied that the store issued the receipt, and refused to acknowledge that he had such a customer. The other man in the store, stony-faced, refused to even look me in the eye, and also denied the receipt was issued from the store.
COWARD.
He had the bile to spew such hateful language, yet lacked the guts to own up to it when confronted.
And the cunning! The store clerk used a ‘generic’ receipt, which wouldn’t identify their store, despite the fact that they also had a receipt book with the shop name printed on it.
So he thought that Song, this ‘hapless’ worker from China, would not understand the message and would not have friends who would alert him to what it meant. Or, at least, not so soon – and certainly not from just across the street. Friends who would return to confront him. The store clerk probably thought that Song would leave with this nasty message in his pocket and give it to someone else to read, oblivious. So, this is funny?
What mirth does one derive in insulting others without provocation? And in such a vile and disgusting manner?
And how does one deal with hatefulness such as this? After the rage has subsided, what is left?
A gaping emptiness, because our soul is momentarily depleted and confused.
A quiet desperation, from not knowing how to comfort someone whose dignity has been trampled on. And for no apparent reason beyond the fact that he is, well, visibly ‘different’.
A bitter aftertaste lines the pit of my stomach.
Dealing with HATE is tough.

So who is the actual culprit, who made policies to create such issues from happening?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
no i dun.

do u mean that everyone that come to spore is yr guest?

now i know y u believe in 2000 yr-old fairy tale..

this is common human decency and graciousness!

If you visit/study/work in other countries do you want to be treated with respect or contempt?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you visit/study/work in other countries do you want to be treated with respect or contempt?

if i visit another country, i am a visitor.. i am not their guest..

they never invite me, i go on my own accord.. understand boh??

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

So must you be invited everytime you go toilet?

Is that what Buddha taught you?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Need to take a while more before i can up you again.
Heres to a good comment. Cheers!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a dumb thing to do because it create unnecessary hatred :(

Worse thing that Beng still think he is right after Kena whacked! So many incidents reported in the papers already still haven't learn kuai

Yeah it's all in the bible!

Sgp is a breeding ground for hatred!

A timebomb waiting to explode!

No thanks to Hakka lee regime!

I pray I will not be around to see it!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Isn't improving one's life a call of nature too?

Now why can't they do that in their home country?

That is a calling of ones own motivations/ideals. Its nature but the calling is by ones own inclination. I have had church friends who received the "calling" went to do overseas missions and came back with a different "calling".

Everyone has their own goals in life regardless of religion/regions. There are always things to be dissatisfied about, which is what motivates people to move in an effort to find something better.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I pray I will not be around to see it![/QUOTE]

Ok, this statement I can really identify with.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
the one who issued the receipt should have send the hate message to pap and not to the foreigner guest of pap...

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
the one who issued the receipt should have send the hate message to pap and not to the foreigner guest of pap...

I guess you're not aware of the feelings on the ground....... oredi there have been incidences of Ah Tiongs being whacked by our locals that were not reported by the media.......

The locals are very tulan with the FTs ! :(

This is a very real time bomb just waiting to explode ! :mad: ...... hope we dun have the situation turning into like the Jakarta May riots :(

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your Ah Tiong friend should consider himself very lucky liao that he only received a written note........ there have been others who were walloped ! :(

For the safety of your Ah Tiong friends....
PLEASE ADVISE THEM TO RETURN TO PRC !!