• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PUB says pay for parking to prevent abuse

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a lousy reason to justify introduction of paid parking...so the government not encouraging healthy lifestyle anymore? Most of the visitors to the place in the morning are senior citizens, what abuse? I suppose those free parking in East Coast would be charge soon too?

No more free parking at MacRitchie
PUB says it's to prevent abuse by non-park users
By Ng Wan Ching
October 06, 2009

The free parking enjoyed by visitors at the MacRitchie Reservoir multi-storey carpark will soon come to an end.

This is to prevent possible abuse, which may leave visitors to the reservoir short of parking space, said Mr Tan nguan Sen, PUB's Director of Catchment and Waterways.

Early morning joggers have on some occasions been unable to find space for their cars in the 300-lot carpark.

http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,216145,00.html?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a lousy reason to justify introduction of paid parking...so the government not encouraging healthy lifestyle anymore? Most of the visitors to the place in the morning are senior citizens, what abuse? I suppose those free parking in East Coast would be charge soon too?

There are other ways to enforce the rule but I guess imposing a fee is the easiest way out - typical MIWs way of solving problem.

They could do a impose overnight parking charges and leave the day time free.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Now...you have to pay to FARK there in the car... ha ha ha ha....to many drive in & never check out!!:p

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of a car rental company who park more than 10 cars there to save on parking charges and during the flood which happened a fews years back at maritchie the whole lot was under water. Served them right . Singaporeans are Chow kuan

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Farking idiots they should make Macritchie parking at $12 an hour.

So we shall have quality parking and lifestyle .

So no one can abuse the parking .