• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A study of western public healthcare

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
No problemo Joshie Boy

I have a history of irritating you which puts a very big smile on my face

Catching you red handed really makes this alot more fun

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

No worries mate, glad that I made your day. But I do have to remind you I am not Neddy. If it is your prerogative to continue to believe so, then there is really nothing I can do. Like they say, laughter is the best medicine. Personally, and I must insist this is my own opinion, I don't really care about health care in the US or in Australia. Either system has its cons and pros, there is no perfect system. As long as you understood which or what you are getting into and could avoid the pitfall you would live comfortably regardless. There are some documentary out there that highlights various health care system. The most notably is Michael Moore's Sicko.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicko

I'm interested to know what you think about this and your kind respond would be appreciated.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries mate, glad that I made your day. But I do have to remind you I am not Neddy. If it is your prerogative to continue to believe so, then there is really nothing I can do. Like they say, laughter is the best medicine. Personally, and I must insist this is my own opinion, I don't really care about health care in the US or in Australia. Either system has its cons and pros, there is no perfect system. As long as you understood which or what you are getting into and could avoid the pitfall you would live comfortably regardless. There are some documentary out there that highlights various health care system. The most notably is Michael Moore's Sicko.

I'm interested to know what you think about this and your kind respond would be appreciated.

Now that was an unexpected twist from you Joshie Boy

First you cant stand Obama and now all of a sudden you side with the democrats and Moore's Sicko.

So which side are you on? A supporter of government run health care?

Do we really want socialized medicine here?

Of course there is no perfect system but then again why should 85% of people with health care give up our private health coverage just to cover it for the balance 15%. Do we really need to let government screw up health care just to get everyone covered like in Canada?

The day government can do as good a job as private is the day someone has a good health care system

Both have serious flaws Joshie Boy but I am glad you at least took a stab at it. Now tell us why government run health care would not seriously degrade the quality of existing private health care and you might be onto something.

Well done.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am not Ash007 as well. I don't play this multiple nicks name except when catching Redbull313. That is when I use another nick, Neddy Jr (with a similar image). Neddy Jr has since retired, because any 3yo will know that that is my other nick!!

Back to the real topic.

I think the cry for access to universal public healthcare is always there. It helps in managing and controlling pandemics, eg swine flu, that occurs from within the public health juridiction.

Governments are able to make decisions on healthcare without looking at the bottom line, Eg Australia is spending millions on vacines and is moving to protect vulnerable citizens from swine flu.

Having mentioned that, governments also know that they are not the best deliverer of healthcare services. In Australia, esp in WA, you will notice the public healthcare system working together with private healthcare as well as the partly government-funded non-profit healthcare. It is not a coincidence that public and private hospitals are built next to each other or clustered in same areas.

For a small population of Western Australia, we have access to the latest medical equipment because the government will pay for them, where the shareholders of private hospitals will not. Because public hospitals cannot turn away Aussies seeking treatments, there is arrangement for patients in private hospitals to use these same advanced medical equipments.

This is what I call ... win-win. The patient is a winner, paying less for what is otherwise, an expensive medical treatment.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

First you cant stand Obama and now all of a sudden you side with the democrats and Moore's Sicko.

Of course there is no perfect system but then again why should 85% of people with health care give up our private health coverage just to cover it for the balance 15%. Do we really need to let government screw up health care just to get everyone covered like in Canada?

The day government can do as good a job as private is the day someone has a good health care system

Both have serious flaws Joshie Boy but I am glad you at least took a stab at it. Now tell us why government run health care would not seriously degrade the quality of existing private health care and you might be onto something.

Well done.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not this Joshie boy you are referring to. Hence your confusion about this supposed stand I have. For the sake of argument, can you just assume I'm not Joshie boy?

I think the main concern in the state is on "socialized" medicine versus private health care. I really don't understand where is this fear of having a national health care system in the state.

Neddy started this thread on some of the benefit he has seen in Australia on a national health care system. You proceeded with examples, of what you may lose under this Obamacare scheme and the republicans adverts on long waiting time in delays for medical treatments. I suppose, all I can say is its all FUD so far. Obama wants a national health care system for various reasons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obamacare

The final implementation may not be what it is. It may not be an exact copy of the Australian or Canadian system. Michael Moore's film, touches on these. Yes, its left wing libertarian propaganda, that some may say, but it highlights issue in the States that Obama is trying to address. An interesting point that was made in the film was that the USPO is essentially "socialized" postal service yet no one seem to be making a big fuss about it. I wonder why?

I'll hazard a guess as to why you are trying to muddy the argument here with health care. Perhaps, the reason why you are harping so much about health care between Australia, Canada and the State is because if it turns out the change is better for the states, there is one less reason for you to compare about. I suppose that is one less issue to attend to for a professional Troll.

Just be patient when Neddy comes in, I'm sure he missed you a lot as well.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not Ash007 as well. I don't play this multiple nicks name except when catching Redbull313 using another nick, Neddy Jr (with a similar image).

Back to the real topic.

I think the cry for access to universal public healthcare is required. It helps in managing and controlling pandemics, eg swine flu, that occurs from within the public health juridiction.

Governments are able to make decisions on healthcare without looking at the bottom line, Eg Australia is spending millions on vacines and is moving to protect vulnerable citizens from swine flu.

Thanks mate for finally replying, now he can see that we are not clones. hahahhaha
:biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks mate for finally replying, now he can see that we are not clones. hahahhaha

No worries mate. I actually wanted him to be kept in suspense ...
But then, you don't want to be me, and I do not want to be you.

I don't like to play clones.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Additional points
The hotline is 24-hour. Free from landlines. Usual mobile charges apply.

Examples of how healthdirect can help

• Are your symptoms serious or nothing to worry about?
  • Your baby won't stop crying - what can be wrong?
  • You're away from home and you need to find a doctor.
  • You need to know more about managing diabetes, asthma or another health condition.

For New Zealanders, your Healthline Telephone Triage Hotline is 0800 611 116 (free 24-hour health advice)

I just found out, this telephone triage service is operated by a private company. This same company won the tender to provide the service in both Australia and New Zealand.

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well done.

Confirmed Neddy and Ash 007 is the same person by clicking here and here always post at same place same time

WTF how stupid are some people///

http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=36518

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ash007,
See how we fell into his trap.
This troll is trying to make us look like fools by responding to him. He is having a good laugh at us.
Do you get it now.

Actually, I do not know if that troll is a he or she or even he-she or it.
But I can tell that he is not very smart. I discovered another thing about the troll. Will play with him after I go to my bank to wash new money.

(AussiePrick,Redbull313,londoncabby.....Ash007? oops!) :biggrin:

Imperialarse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ash007,
This troll is trying to make us look like fools by responding to him. He is having a good laugh at us.
Do you get it now.

But I can tell that he is not very smart. I discovered another thing about the troll. Will play with him after I go to my bank to wash new money.

Stop your Fucking Bullshit you lowlife scumbag:::::

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ash007,
Do you get it now.

Sorry lah, I thought can have some intelligent conversation mah. Nevermind lah, must feed troll once a while mah if not they will starve 1 mah. kekeke looks like he is bringing in all his clones now.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry lah, I thought can have some intelligent conversation mah. Nevermind lah, must feed troll once a while mah if not they will starve 1 mah. kekeke looks like he is bringing in all his clones now.

Yes, another clone. I forgot Imperialarse too.

Sigh! I tried using intelligence, but he/she/he-she/it is not responding.

As for feeding the troll, sometimes I do feed, but trolls prefer to be PAP arse-licker and put down this retrenched ex-Singaporean who managed to make good after finding a second life overseas.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, another clone. I forgot Imperialarse too.

Sigh! I tried using intelligence, but he/she/he-she/it is not responding.

As for feeding the troll, sometimes I do feed, but trolls prefer to be PAP arse-licker and put down this retrenched ex-Singaporean who managed to make good after finding a second life overseas.

I think its a group of people. In another thread he/she/it actually use "we" instead of I. As if referring to a group of people.

Anyway, as long as you are living a comfortable life now who really cares. Living Singapore is probably the best thing that has happen to a lot of people. :smile:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think its a group of people. In another thread he/she/it actually use "we" instead of I. As if referring to a group of people.

Anyway, as long as you are living a comfortable life now who really cares. Living Singapore is probably the best thing that has happen to a lot of people. :smile:

We = PAP IBs?

In Singapore, over-40s are unemployable
Over here, they are "steady hands" and dependable.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aussie Prick,

If you cannot make a positive contribution to this forum, please stay away and not make yourself a donkey.

If I make that request to Americans, Europeans, Canadians, Australians and Kiwis, they will comply. Because they do not want to make ashame of themselves (unless their brains are fucked).

Ha Ha Ha

Sore loser mentality

cant accept Australia is a shit place

Now we know the truth from morons like you.......

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha Ha Ha

Sore loser mentality

cant accept Australia is a shit place

Now we know the truth from morons like you.......

It looks like you have opened up a can of worms LOL

Singapore worms that is

I am SO glad I dont live or associate with Singaporeans anymore