• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Congrats Teck21!! :smile:

Agree that it should be something sustainable rather than rocket up like its doing now.
For me its no different, bros who have approached me before knows i am not selling any.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I'm thinking will the SG side follow the pricing change? If so it'll be a significant amount for daily commuters plus weekend day trippers looking for some savings across to JB. That'll kill a lot of cash cows in 1 stone and a political suicide for the incumbent. I suspect they'll judge the backlash and then shy away from the drastic decision. History shows similar flamboyant moves almost never takes...

Actually this seems to be their long term plan, to starve the JB side of things it seems and divert the hustle and bustle to the 2nd link area.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just about to log off and concentrate on my reports, suddenly a friend from IRDA called me and asked for a quick Q&A about my thoughts on properties, ease of financing and if any restrictions on SG government. Also asked about ease of buying as well as renting out.

Just helped with the questions as best as i could and provided feedback on JPO. PM is confirmed to come this Sunday with his wife for JPO opening.

Seems like more reports coming out this week as IRDA is gearing up, so just helping as much as i can on my limited perception as a Singaporean.

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
if thats the case, what has the increase in toll got anything to do with the EDL?
it appears that they are just finding a reason to increase the toll... crap man....

Agree - Heck, it got nothing to do with EDL at all! they just wan to suck in those that uses the causeway! To me, they should charge the toll on the usage of EDL and for those who are willing to pay to avoid the jam, then by all means.
Otherwise, use the old road and get stuck in the jam. So it's totally up to the ppl to decide!

what if the perosn gets charge at CIQ but need to use the old road to get to his/her destination and get stuck in the jam! so how? pay and dun get to drive on the EDL...

So is this the Gov way of promoting the causeway usage and increase investment oportunities?? - or trying to suck as much as possible from the ppl....or they know that a lot of Chinese Malaysian plying the causeway to woodlands for their daily business and impact on the malay majority is not that great, hence won't have any bearings on the election results! just my hunch...

but really dissapointing to hear such news....dun make any logic at all and....dun use but still have to pay!! knn!!

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
About EDL Toll.
They are forcing those who will not pay to use EDL to use it.
So that tebrau will be relieved of traffic.
If not, EDL will be underutilized while tebrau may still be jammed though improved a bit.
So in a way, the building of EDL would benefit tebrau traffic so they make you pay even if not using EDL.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that they have grown to used to the system that they cannot be living without it so they don't even want to think about it.
Ignorance is bliss. I still believe that things haven't gone so bad that they cannot fix it.

http://youtu.be/Z7BuQFUhsRM

I have my doubts on whether they want to and they can fix the things broken. I see nothing in substance has changed after the election, even their salary review also no news. The new property measure is the only thing targeting foreigners that they have come up so far.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I live in Country A & a few years ago I had a heart attack & even though I had more than enough $$$ in my medisave account, I still had to pay thousands because the gov't limits the amount I can use. In fact I ended paying more out of pocket than I could claim from medisave :rolleyes:

One of the medical options recommended by my doctor was open heart surgery. I have enough $$$ in my medisave account to pay for the procedure, but the problem is that the PAP won't let me touch my own money to cover the costs:mad:

If I had decided to go through with the open heart surgery, I could have done it cheaper in Bangkok at one of the private hospitals:eek:

How come open heart surgery cannot use medisave to pay? Thought only those aesthetic surgeries then cannot.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick and nationality to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 (Singaporean) - The Gateway, The Golf, Nusa Duta -
Wuqi256 sisters (Singaporean), sister bf (SPR, East Malaysian [Kuching, Sarawak]). Wuqi256's relatives(Singaporean), friends (Singaporean, Malaysian (Malacca, KL, Kedah, Pahang, Kelantan [Tenant]), German, Australian, Korean)and colleagues (Singaporean, Malaysians, soon to be Italian and UK)
-Total 29 (updated) bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor (Singaporean) - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile (Singaporean) - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis & Bro in law (Singaporean) - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal (British, North London, home of the gunner) - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife (Both Msian, Vincent from Ipoh, Perak; wife from Selangor) - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow (Malaysian, JB Skudai) - Bestari Heights - Astoria
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family (Singaporean) - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg (Singaporean) - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks (Indian, Sg PR) - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo (Singaporean) - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika, Setia Eco Cascadia
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour (Singaporean) - Imperia@Puteri Harbour
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
44. darrkie.y - taman molek
45. Leisure - KIV leisure farm pinggiran bayou, east ledang or 1 medini
46. avelc - Nusajaya
47. linked (Singaporean) - East Ledang
48. investjb (Malaysian, Sarawak) - Impiana, Ujana, Casa Almyra, Golden sands, horizon residence
49. limmcd (Malaysian, Johor, Sg PR) - HH, BI, Ujana, Fortune Point, Nusa villa, Horizon Residence
50. spidey (Malaysian, KL, Sg PR) - Bandar Dato Onn
51. Icyraine (Malaysia, Born in Penang, Grow up in KL, Work in JB) - HH (going to seal the deal on coming monday!), Sri Samudera, Golden Sands
52. Blue_S (Malaysian, Sarawak, SPR) - Ujana, Horizon Residence
53. fairies (Singaporean) - Ledang Heights
54. Fairwaysuites (Malaysian, Penang, SPR) - HH Golf and Fairway Suites
55. Ray2104 (Singaporean) -D'Esplanade Residence @ KSL City
56. Araguy(KL)-the golf ,HH & nusa duta
57. Nusajaya - The Golf, Impiana & Ledang Heights

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those living or invested in Horizon Hills must rejoice with me in this piece of great news yet again.

Yesterday, my friend managed to sell off his Horizon Hills Superlink TERRACE ( TERRACE, not Cluster or semis ) Totally BARE unit.

The price is RM 1.3 million + resale.

A few other Superlinks ( big terraces ) have been sold recently for RM 1.1million already.

Those semis facing the Golf course at the Gateway, I heard from the HH salesmen that one was recently sold for RM 1.6 million +.

At this rate, below RM 1 million houses cannot be found in HH soon.

Yesterday the Spore government announced yet another major round of coolig measures to deter the prices from shooting up.

For sure the investors will start looking to snap up more houses in HH and nearby as there are no restriction on any ownerships or property investments here yet.

Brother, I believe this Superlinkk is in the Golf?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come open heart surgery cannot use medisave to pay? Thought only those aesthetic surgeries then cannot.

I'm sure you can use some of the medisave for the procedure. The problem is that the gov't rations the amount you can use, using some kind of formula. One is not free to use all of your own savings to pay for your own hospital bill. That's why I had to pay out of pocket for my hospital stay:(

Those $8 heart procedures are only for the privileged & definitly not for the "lesser mortals"

Even if you want to go to LOS where medical care is cheaper(and probably better:smile:) I doubt they would allow it. Just look at the procedures that can be done cheaper in Malaysia. The Spore gov't will only allow it if there are ties with a Spore hospital e.g. the doctor doing the referral to the Malaysian hospital, is also practising in Spore.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand from IJM Land folks D'Rich at Nusa Duta will be launching sometime end of this month...

Price Range from RM170K to RM600K...

Cheers.

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, you wanna buy a house in HH?

With the recent economic turmoil stemming from Europe with no good contagion plan yet and latest spate of cooling measures by the SG govt, making a decision to buy a home in HH seems difficult.

Here’s what I think… HH is a great place to live in. It’s in a central location, sits on a golf course, has exclusive clubhouse facilities and has good security. It wouldn’t be too hard to imagine that HH is located in some corner of Singapore…it’d fit right in. Even your neighbours are probably Singaporean, lol.

But, if you are buying the house as an investment, I’m not too confidant you will see the returns you’d like any time soon.

Why? Well firstly, its priced out of the range for the average Malaysian…for sure. JB is not KL….let me repeat, JB is not KL. The good folks in JB just unfortunately don’t earn as much as the KLites…and while a RM3million house in upmarket KL is normal, this is definitely not the case for JB.

What this means is that there will a very limited number of Johorians (and by this, I mean the local locals who actually work in JB) who can afford to buy a HH. In other words, the demand for HH is mainly dependent on, and driven by, Singaporeans and white collar Malaysians working in Singapore.

If you buy a unit in HH to rent out, it needs to cover your mortgage installments, security fee, golf club membership fee and maybe a few percentage extra to make it worth your while. That can come up to quite a bit given the price of the houses at the moment. The question is…..can you think of any of your Singaporean friends who’d be interested to rent your house? Given that the rent is probably more than what a local earns in a month, it’ll be hard to find local takers. Most of my friends already don’t want to come into JB because they are scared, much less want to rent a place to live here…so honestly, how many renters are really out there?

Furthermore, if the supply of houses for rent is high, how high a rent can a homeowner command? Sure, the agents tell you that you can get RM5000 per month easy…but how many units are rented out at this price? And honestly, would you pay RM5000 a month for rent and still have to endure the daily commute to Singapore for work? If it were me, I’d choose to just rent a HDB flat near my workplace in Singapore for the same price.

It’s true…a number of HH homeowners have managed to successfully rent out their unit. But, I think it’s worth finding out exactly how much did these homeowners paid for their house, no? If they bought their terrace house at only ~Rm300k (back when HH was first launched), how much do you think their monthly mortgage costs them and how much rent do you think these owners need to ask for?

And as for capital appreciation…well, that’s really a very long play. Plus, we’ve already missed the boat. I doubt HH prices can continue to rise much more. The houses cannot be priced out of the range of the middle-class Singaporean (and by that, I mean families earning a combined income of maybe $10 – 15k a month). The main benefit of buying a home in JB is that it’s cheap. Period. If it’s not that cheap anymore, coupled with the inconveniece of having to commute plus other associated security risks, then what’s the point of buying a place here?

But as you know, I’m all for living in HH. I’m not trying to discourage you from buying a house here…not at all! It’s just that I see some of the comments on FB and it seems like so many people have lofty ideas of making a quick buck by investing in HH.

And honestly, I like having neighbours. The thought of having an empty houses on my left and right and across the street kinda sucks!

Posted on December 8, 2011 by Audrey
http://horizonhills.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/so-you-wanna-buy-a-house-in-hh/

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Die mean poor an die because no food. Gangsterism everywhere ie Ang mo kio , yishun and every where all over Singapore... No Corruption mean very low and zero... Try doing business in Indonesia and Myanmar. I will stop here cause no end to this if we are talking about extreme...

Cheers,
PH

Hey guys, sorry i'm back. Need to rush my work so i will be brief on my cents.
All about pricing:
I don't think the pricing for the entry fees for Lego land is feasible.
For the first link pricing, even implemented, i don't think this will remain for long once they realise its not feasible.

For HH, i am really surprised, i had thought it would be slow and steady growth and not as fast as its doing, it should
remain reachable at least for a time.

As for people who always tell me that there is no corruption, people don't die in the streets in Singapore, please refer to this:
http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?...t-knifed-and-killed-by-gangster-on-the-street!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! Can't believed I have finally finished reading the more then 10 pages of postings! These days I spend my time doing catchup reading. Leaving me no time to posting.

I must say that I agrees with wuqi's points about the contentment part. Very well narrated articles.

And also Audrey's post by 'the golf'. Well I also believe that jb property growth is mostly spurred by Singaporean's need for a bigger space and lower cost of living. Just like the FT who paid the asking price without asking... The abang-adik situations does goes hand in hand. One can't survive long on its own. I also hope that, beside introducing good measures for the benefits of our people, we should, and we must work together for a the sake of our future generations to come.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
About EDL Toll.
They are forcing those who will not pay to use EDL to use it.
So that tebrau will be relieved of traffic.
If not, EDL will be underutilized while tebrau may still be jammed though improved a bit.
So in a way, the building of EDL would benefit tebrau traffic so they make you pay even if not using EDL.

Benefit in what way?? Less traffic, less business.. So don't see any benefit at all to businesses and users..only benefit is to those collecting the $$!!

Status
Not open for further replies.