• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi new to the forum and went to visited HH condo yesterday and is very interested.

2 qns.

1) What is the rental potential for HH condo?

2) Want to compare with Puteri Harbor condo development, but its website has no info on them. Anyone has any info on this or where to visit for the showroom?

Thanks in advance.

Since you are comparing condos in Nusajaya city, you can also take a look at this one http://www.1medini.com/
Medini, the Financial District of Nusajaya City(Like Singapore's CBD), is next door to Puteri Harbour and Kota Iskandar. They will be launching One Medini soon, it will be located next to Legoland.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since you are comparing condos in Nusajaya city, you can also take a look at this one http://www.1medini.com/
Medini, Iskandar Financial District in Nusajaya City(Like Singapore's CBD), is next door to Puteri Harbour and Kota Iskandar. They will be launching One Medini soon, it will be located next to Legoland.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, you can hire a virtual address for just SGD99 per year. just google for "virtual address singapore" and you will find one that offers SGD99/year, the cheapest.
then you can reroute all your banks corresnpondence to this address. They can also help to forward the mails to you in JB provided you pay for the postage etc.
hope this helps.

Hi sillysinky, just saw your posting, thanks.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can, some bros here even have 1-3 MY cars. Just need to apply for the conversion and pay RM30 yearly. :smile:

Conversion as in, i have to give up my SG licence right?

Ok i reckon my partner need to have a driving licence then. I need to keep my SG car as i commute daily. I believe you can only hold either MY or SG driving licence. I cannot drive an MY car daily into SG as it would costs S$30 per day.

Unless of course, i go and driving test to obtain MY licence without letting them know i am S'porean PR and holding a S'porean driving licence :-p

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental potential is good for HH Condo but i would say Puteri Harbour is better for rental.

Can go on weekdays but need to make appointment, go straight to Puteri Harbour and the 2nd floor is their showroom. With the CIQ to be built onsite there, its a choice place. HH will be very convenient too though, because with new road joining Kota Iskandar, its only 5 minutes away.

Most of the units have been taken up or reserved already though, saw that most of the names there had either E or S in front of them for NRIC/Passport.

I guess you make the right choice bro. HH has a good balance of factors in terms of nice environment, good security (double layer), reasonable proximity to shops. The Puteri Harbor area might be closer to the Admin Centre but not as mature and liveable as HH, even East Ledang will need a few more years.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Conversion as in, i have to give up my SG licence right?

Ok i reckon my partner need to have a driving licence then. I need to keep my SG car as i commute daily. I believe you can only hold either MY or SG driving licence. I cannot drive an MY car daily into SG as it would costs S$30 per day.

Unless of course, i go and driving test to obtain MY licence without letting them know i am S'porean PR and holding a S'porean driving licence :-p

No, you can still hold on to your SG one and still drive an MY car. You just need the separate companion license to drive in MY at 30RM a year.

One thing to note, as a SG PR or a SG citizen, one cannot drive a MY car into SG unless you have a driver who is Malaysian

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know of Malay bumi working in Singapore as a professional.. Bought 9 houses in East Ledang, Horizon Hills etc. IS that you? :smile:

good that u buy one, as 2012 will see East Ledang starting to "connect" I believe your value will go up dramatically when the professors and professionals from the establishments and universities and the headmen from Kota Iskandar stays full force in Iskandar. I would say 2015 is the best year.

Haha, I'm Singaporean Chinese and I only have 3 units in total, that's far from 9 units :smile:. Actually I like Horizon Hills for its vast landscape, unblock views of the Horizon and cool fresh air from the greenery of the golf course right beside your house :smile: You can't get that kind of quality living in Singapore unless you pay 10-20 times more. Preference and likings aside, property investment is all about location, thus I've chosen East Ledang instead.

I agree with you about price appreciation of properties in Nusajaya in near future when professionals and high level executives arrive in Nusajaya, but I wouldn't have invested in Nusajaya if it only has EduCity and Kota Iskandar. In the contrary, Nusajaya city is a whole new City in the making. As most of us here already know, other than just EduCity and Kota Iskandar(Johor's State Admin Centre), Nusajaya City also comprises of:

Iskandar Financial District(Medini),
Afiat HealthPark,
International Destination Resort(13.8 times bigger than our RWS + MBS),
SiLC Nusajaya(Southern Industrial and logistics Clusters),
Puteri Harbour
Nusajaya Residences(East Ledang, Ledang Heights, HH, Nusa Idaman and Nusa Bayu)

In fact, the Financial District Medini itself is not just a Financial District, it has an area of 2225 acres, vast enough for the overall development in Medini to be divided into three distinct clusters with separate themes, namely Lifestyle and Leisure, Cultural, and the Iskandar Financial District. Thus, other than Commercials, there are also theme park(Legoland), golf village like Horizon Hills, wellness village, shopping malls, condos, sea front residences, public parks etc.

Puteri Harbour, other than being just a marina, also has in-door theme park, hotels, commercial buildings, condos and water front bungalows.

The list goes on and they are stated in all the individual developers wedsite, I'm only capable of mentioning some highlights :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One thing I like about the development of Nusajaya City is that the whole development is controlled by one ultimate developer, UEM Land. Why? It is to ensure the success of Nusajaya City. If UEM just sell 10 different parcel of land in Nusajaya City to 10 different developers and let them develop at their own free will, the city will become a mess as individual developer's only target is 'profit', they won't be bothered to improve infrastruture like spending money to build better roads etc. Eg, Horizon Hills is part of Nusajaya City and UEM land found Gamuda and formed a 50-50 joint venture to develop HH. Some parts of Nusajaya City like Educity and Medini is under the charge Iskandar Investment Berhad(IIB) instead, but IIB is higher in Hierarchy than UEM =)

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, a lot of car repairs, m&d guard, respray ($800-$1000) at the Bukit Indah area. Can haggle, tyre punctures is $5 RM, crankshaft clip replacement $18, korean or local car engine mounting (set of 4) 200 - 700 RM

Food at Station One cafe(not bad the chicken chop) - Typically less than 70 RM for 2 persons for a sumptious meal.

You can get their version of hi card easily, also remember for those staying near Bukit Indah, some of the coffeeshops do take outs for seafood as well as western food. Delivery charge is 1 RM and normally covers until 1am.

There is also a very very nice Indian food joint that is open 24 hours near the Alliance bank. Their nasi brani and nasi lemak not bad, their prata too. There is also a new Korean restaurant nearby there that is a bit pricey but pretty authentic. :smile:

Are you sure? The one we went at Mount Austin, the girls look like shanghai but they don't take order with paper and their spices are too thick and chilli.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes I also like HH and I am looking to buy a bungalow as the value is just S$1 million and slightly above. Vast land space within the bungalow with fantastic view. Biut I was recently told that 3 storey bungalows are sold out. Waiting for new launches now.

East LEdang, in the longer term, say 5-10 years will reap better investments than HH as ELedang units are not like HH ( HH got 5000+ units ) and Eledang location is centralised, near to Singapore and inside the HQ of the Nusajaya. High-end professionals and professionals working in Singapore will stay there. AFterall, a condo in Singapore cost expats some S$5000 on average.. In East ledang bungalow, the rental can be S$4000 at most..

Wow congratulations, hope you'll get your dream bungalow soon, enjoy luxury living for free and yet get paid for enjoying it for years, if you know what I mean :smile: Its a once in a lifetime opportunity for generation like mine who missed the chance to profit from SG properties. I'm making sure I don't miss this chance :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bros, don't go to apply for the MACS. I went there today with family, thinking of doing the application. Wasted trip.

Turns out you have to apply first online and get it approved, etc. You also need a long term visa, a sponsor or the MM2H thing to get this.

Else, you will have a wasted trip so don't go down for this until you got the details right.

Just wondering if you've applied for MACS yet? My dad, a friend and myself just applied for it at Tuas checkpoint's MACS office. Just bring a passport size photo and RM30, fill in the application form and you'll get it in 15mins. No need long term visa, sponsor or whatsoever. It pretty simple and straight forward.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As Nusajaya city takes shape, price appriciation of the properties there is a sure thing, but I think it will not be a boring constant climb throughout 10 years.

There will be a much faster climb in 2012 and 2013 with the completion of LegoLand theme park, In-Door theme park, New Castle University, Coaster Highway ect. The city of Nusajaya will be all over the news when Legoland opens, thus creating awareness of this city.

Singaporeans' visitorship will increase exponentially, moreover this news is a thousand times more effective than any property advertisement Nusajaya can create.

At present, I think less than 1% of the total population of Singapore and Malaysia know about Nusajaya and its full development plan. Imagine what the demand will be like when the other 99% know and visit Nusajaya for its theme park!

louischin78

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

I am thinking to commit to a link house at The Golf Precint , 24*75 with a built up area of about 2500sq feet . The price is RM466K and come with free Non Golf membership . Is this a good buy ? Does the earlier phase come with the free club membership ? The sales told me that previous unit does not come with the club membership , is it true ? Any advise is greatly appreaciated .

Regards,
Louis

louischin78

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all ,

I am thinking to commit to a link house unit which is 24*75 with 2550SQfeet built up area for RM 466K . It come with free Non-Golf coub membership. Its on one of the highest ground of The Golf Precint . Is this a good buy ? According to the sales the previous link house does not actually come with any free club membership. Is it any true ?

Regards,
Louis

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
am happy to see a vibrant community here. for those commuting via causeway, next week will see us using the new bridge. finally no more F1 style navigation (which is perfectly fine except for the fact that its jammed mostly and obstructed by bikes otherwise). i hope traffic will be much much smoother from then. one worry is how the lorries merge to the bridge (they come from the 'wrong' side from JB checkpoint).

as to the cars becos i drive conti don't dare to make any service repairs in jb since oem parts are still cheaper in sg. but will do small stuff like tyre rotation & get 2nd opinion before headin back to sg to prevent getting chopped.

I checked things like engine oil, pint for pint its still cheaper in sg (cos not MY brands la). I used to use cheaper alternatives of engine oil to try out find that they don't last and the engine becomes very rough afterwards (~4 months). So gone on to buy notable brands am on schaeffer 9k now 2 thumbs up.

bro wuqi: do u have a contact number for emergency tow services you trust? thanks for bringing up reminder a few pages back on the forum.

sillysinky: we'll be neighbors! i also looked upon tebrau/austin area favorably bought a place there and hopefully can move in when TOP hopefully coinciding with EDL completion. That'll really smooth things up getting to SG & heading back. btw there's a way to get to austin via adda heights bypassing tebrau highway much much smoother traffic and i chanced upon whilst examining the google map. only 5 traffic light junctions, 1 of which usually green when i pass. go from woodlands pass the shell get onto bridge and then exit, go onto highway exit at datin halimah interchange and straight course all the way till pasir gudang highway (use after/before peak hour). - info for others if you're fed up using tebrau highway. haha.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi All,

I am thinking to commit to a link house at The Golf Precint , 24*75 with a built up area of about 2500sq feet . The price is RM466K and come with free Non Golf membership . Is this a good buy ? Does the earlier phase come with the free club membership ? The sales told me that previous unit does not come with the club membership , is it true ? Any advise is greatly appreaciated .

Regards,
Louis

Very good price if compared to my unit in East Ledang which is an inter-terrace with the specs below,

1) RM646,888*
2) 2766 sq ft - Land (RM234psf vs Your RM186psf)
3) 1950 sq ft - Built up
4) 4 + 1 rooms

*Price inclusive of,
- Stamp duty and legal fee for SPA
- 6 or 7 air-cons for the whole house (Japanese brand, can't remember exact nos)
- 18 months maintenance fee
- A couple of thousand ringgit discount (Can't remember exact) as referral fee as its my 3rd unit bought from them (They take it as I referred myself, so only my first unit don't have this discount)

louischin78

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine is free s&p too. Free 24 months maintenance . Free Non Golf membership with monthly fees of rm 75. Can use all the facility except golf which need to pay green fees . Have committed today so hope it's a good buy

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very good price if compared to my unit in East Ledang which is an inter-terrace with the specs below,

1) RM646,888*
2) 2766 sq ft - Land (RM234psf vs Your RM186psf)
3) 1950 sq ft - Built up
4) 4 + 1 rooms

*Price inclusive of,
- Stamp duty and legal fee for SPA
- 6 or 7 air-cons for the whole house (Japanese brand, can't remember exact nos)
- 18 months maintenance fee
- A couple of thousand ringgit discount (Can't remember exact) as referral fee as its my 3rd unit bought from them (They take it as I referred myself, so only my first unit don't have this discount)

So there's a mistake, 2766 sq ft is Built up and 1950 sq ft is Land.

markhida22

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro wuqi: do u have a contact number for emergency tow services you trust? thanks for bringing up reminder a few pages back on the forum. QUOTE]

I think I can share some info that I've just found on this.

If you have AA Singapore membership, the free 24 hours roadside assistence service (including towing) extend to certain areas in Johor from Johor town to Kulai, Paisir Gudang, and 2nd link.

That means from 2nd link, along the E3 highway all the way to Bukit Indah area is also covered!

That is really good news to me. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Mine is free s&p too. Free 24 months maintenance . Free Non Golf membership with monthly fees of rm 75. Can use all the facility except golf which need to pay green fees . Have committed today so hope it's a good buy

That looks about right, there is nothing like the 100 dollar a day that someone was mentioning? I pay almost 200 monthly for mine.
Welcome to the neighbourhood!!

Status
Not open for further replies.