• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went in today Bukit Indah area. It's their public holiday today.

1. Took up car polish complete package at Shine Shine Car Polish (Giant carpark). RM1399 - 3yrs membership. 5X Full Treatment voucher. Full treatment = 4 layer polishing + internal grooming. Usual price is RM650 for 1 full treatment. Voucher can be used on different cars. Think they started 2 months ago only. Got another outlet at Tesco Plentong. The manager said co is planning more outlets in JB next year. I think quite cheap at least compared to Singapore.

2. Tried the Jia jia Le bittergourd soup & other rice dishes. Good and cheap as mentioned by many others.

3. First time drive coastal highway from Woodlands to Bukit Indah, and back. Traffic smooth smooth and with good directional signs except for the part near Thistle Hotel (Woodland to Bukit Indah direction) where there's no sign to guide me. I need to turn left at the coast (near a hospital) and make a u-turn to go up Jln SKudai.

4. Tried Dr Soho foot treatment at Jusco for first time. Removed years of dead skin at the foot. Shiok.

5. Haircut at RM9.90 at the corner hair saloon at Jusco. But actually I can get hair cut for $2.90 in Singapore at a neighborhood shop. I seriously dunno how they (the Sg shop) survive.

6. Collected my Titus watch sent for repair in Jusco but just realised it is still not good. Luckily still have 6months warranty.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went in today Bukit Indah area. It's their public holiday today.

3. First time drive coastal highway from Woodlands to Bukit Indah, and back. Traffic smooth smooth and with good directional signs except for the part near Thistle Hotel (Woodland to Bukit Indah direction) where there's no sign to guide me. I need to turn left at the coast (near a hospital) and make a u-turn to go up Jln SKudai.

wait for 2012 feb when the decline ramp is finished it'll be so much easier. currently, the return road back to sg is very good with the incline ramp opened not too long ago.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys

Since I am first time buying property , can u advise me what questions I need to ask before I sign on the dotted line ?

Thanks in advance.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Investor, I m very new to JB properties. I have seen leisure farm and have thoughts of buying pinggiran bayou or maybe 1 medini condo. What do u think of this properties? Should I wait and see till next year? Thank you.

I asked an exec in a small S'pore property firm what he though about Iskandar. He replied that things tend to be slower in Malaysia, but Iskandar is different from other JB properties because of the massive investment from Khazanah, overseas investors (SG included). Interestingly I asked around friends including a few Malaysians -- none of them would consider investing in Iskandar, and thought it was crazy to own a property there. Perhaps many are hung up by CLOB and other bad experiences they heard about Malaysian property. Of course there is massive capital appreciation elsewhere, esp KL-- One of my friends bought an apt in Desa Parkcity, and it has appreciated about 100% in the last 3 years.

I stumbled on this thread while searching for information on Iskandar, and the posts here are quite encouraging. It makes sense that Nusajaya will be relatively successfully regardless of how the rest of Iskandar does, due to the sheer number of projects and attractions in Nusajaya. It will take time, but it does look like Iskandar will take off. Will prices double in 5years? I don't know, but there is a higher chance of that happening here, than in S'pore.

P.S. I'm keen to buy a terrace house in Nusajaya but it seems all are sold out some time back. Where else should I look?

I am also thinking about buying a place there albeit not so high end like HH
or EL but i am considering Bukit Indah. The terrace houses there seems
fairly reasonable. Plus my dad a Malaysian so I was thinking I could get places below 500k def. It not for investment purpose but for staying. I*would like my parents to retire there. †he properties there are developed by SP Setia.

I would like to ask its it feasible to get a place there? And how the security over there at bukit indah? Cos i think i would be in Singapore most of the time but i will try to shuttle to & fro and i will be worried about my parents' safety.

Hope anyone can advise!

Thanks a mil!

Hi Im Ben138, bought my HH at The Hill.

Hi to all the new forumers who appeared in the last 2 pages - Ben138, fang65, avelc and Leisure.
To avelc and Leisure, I've replied your PM.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour - Imperia@Puteri Harbour
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
44. darrkie.y - taman molek
45. Leisure - KIV leisure farm pinggiran bayou, east ledang or 1 medini
46. avelc - Nusajaya

Placing avelc back into the list.

linked

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
12. East539 - Nusajaya
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
26. cathylmg - Kempas
28. mallow - Nusajaya
31. narmi - NI
36. 2bFree - HH
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
46. avelc - Nusajaya
47. linked - East Ledang

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks guys, was wondering cos i heard a drifting sound once when passing by the road, so theres only 1 entry to the track rite?
Thanks bro.

Hi Linked,

I don't know where is the entrance to the track but I believe this is the one you're talking about and it's near East Ledang https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150371481920850.408884.568300849&type=1
The owner of this album in Facebook set the privacy as 'Public', you'll just have to log-in to Facebook in order to view the album.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
With so much buying momentum going on, I do foresee someday an association will be formed...with proper offices/staff that looks after Singaporeans interest in terms of living in johor..it will be a one-stop resource centre for Singaporeans or any other foreigners seeking to live in johor. Members can get advise/help or lodge complaints etc...Also the association will speak up on matters that impact Singaporeans living in JB....such as improving operations and processes at checkpoints, security, etc..There will be newsletters as well as promotional events/packages...It can be called "Association of Singaporeans in Johor"...

Bro Wuqi will be nominated as its first Hon. Chairman...haha.

Cheers..

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Linked,

I don't know where is the entrance to the track but I believe this is the one you're talking about and it's near East Ledang https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150371481920850.408884.568300849&type=1
The owner of this album in Facebook set the privacy as 'Public', you'll just have to log-in to Facebook in order to view the album.

The DRIFTING site: If you are driving from UEM or Medini office towards the roundabout, go straight after the roundabout, it is on your right.
However... i strongly believe it has closed... sorry... hahaha
I used to go there to watch the drift on... Sundays i believe... mostly Nissan Slivia or some junk old cars are used... the smell of burning tyres are shiok indeed and the fact that it is unregulated means you can get really close to action... how did i find out this place? Because i could hear it from Nusa Idaman, i drove towards the direction of the sound and bingo!

There are drifting competitions held at the back of Sutera Mall every year.

There is a JB Drfit Club as well... why not google them

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The DRIFTING site: If you are driving from UEM or Medini office towards the roundabout, go straight after the roundabout, it is on your right.
However... i strongly believe it has closed... sorry... hahaha
I used to go there to watch the drift on... Sundays i believe... mostly Nissan Slivia or some junk old cars are used... the smell of burning tyres are shiok indeed and the fact that it is unregulated means you can get really close to action... how did i find out this place? Because i could hear it from Nusa Idaman, i drove towards the direction of the sound and bingo!

There are drifting competitions held at the back of Sutera Mall every year.

There is a JB Drfit Club as well... why not google them

Wow you can hear from as far as Nusa Idaman? That's really far man!
The drifting event posted in facebook was quite recent leh, just a few months back if I'm not wrong. Others are also using that place for remote control plane. Maybe that place is privately own and they have to rent the place for their events?

investjb

Alfrescian
Loyal

2. Investor - Nusajaya
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
12. East539 - Nusajaya
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
26. cathylmg - Kempas
28. mallow - Nusajaya
31. narmi - NI
36. 2bFree - HH
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
46. avelc - Nusajaya
47. linked - East Ledang
48. investjb - Impiana, Ujana, Casa Almyra, Golden sands, horizon residence

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi HH,

going on a road trip is also my favourite pastime, especially exploring on your own without any map or GPS, but just relying on road signs. If you need to go back, just follow the road signs that point to JB. It is easy when you just drive along the main roads, avoiding all the small lanes, you can go to many interesting places. It's a total different experience driving in those ulu places compared to driving in SG city where all the roads are paved and you can't get lost. I've been to that part of Pontian, yes it is really old school and the feeling is relaxing.

Glad to know HH is really near Legoland, but what most of us are unsure is where will the main entrance and exit be. I hope it will be near to the highway between HH and EL. =) Can't wait for them to start the construction of water theme park as well.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

2. Investor - Nusajaya
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
12. East539 - Nusajaya
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
26. cathylmg - Kempas
28. mallow - Nusajaya
31. narmi - NI
36. 2bFree - HH
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
46. avelc - Nusajaya
47. linked - East Ledang
48. investjb - Impiana, Ujana, Casa Almyra, Golden sands, horizon residence

Hi InvestJB bro,

thanks for adding your name to the list, you seem to have invested mostly on highrise apartments and condos =) The developments you have chosen are definitely on the safe risk level side. =)

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
With so much buying momentum going on, I do foresee someday an association will be formed...with proper offices/staff that looks after Singaporeans interest in terms of living in johor..it will be a one-stop resource centre for Singaporeans or any other foreigners seeking to live in johor. Members can get advise/help or lodge complaints etc...Also the association will speak up on matters that impact Singaporeans living in JB....such as improving operations and processes at checkpoints, security, etc..There will be newsletters as well as promotional events/packages...It can be called "Association of Singaporeans in Johor"...

Bro Wuqi will be nominated as its first Hon. Chairman...haha.

Cheers..

So far I guess Singaporeans have mixed pretty well with the locals, some might have relatives or even family members from both sides. Maybe can call it People's Association, Johor :rolleyes: If it is to be private, we will need more people like bro wuqi to help out. :smile:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peeing at will is not just the habbit of these construction workers.. My American MD also like to pee anywhere during golf game.. These are just family upbringing.. At for my european colleagues, they simply like to make love openly in the park.. and they are supposed to be learned people..

I was driving back to Singapore thru 2nd link in the morning about 11am. Saw this usual abandoned half-constructed bungalow along the slope. You wont miss it.

today is special. I saw a chinese man standing at the 2nd floor of the half completed but abandoned bungalow looking into the highway. I asked my staff what he was doing and my staff said that man was PEEING.

Cmon!! I wonder how there could be locals in Malaysia who behave like rats?! Shocker indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.