• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Lemans2011,

You still dare to go to that coffeeshop despite being robbed previously? I was never robbed there but the place is too messy for my liking. I have never dined there except once with my relatives who know the place well and in a malaysia car of course. I love to dine at the Crystal Pearl Restaurant nearby ( same owner ) .. it is airconditioned and definitely not so messy! The food is ok, the female boss in her 20s is damn pretty. The price is not that bad and I usually stay there to use their wifi as well when I drop by.

Yesterday dropped by this Chef Wah alone for lunch and was "chopped" RM 50 exactly for one person meal. Oh dear I should have gone to Crystal Pearl Resturant.

For those innocent guys like me, better avoid Parris Hotel if u can. If u are going for massage, before u know it, another OKT called Ben and come between you and the masage IC and bring u to the 7th floor for sex with very pretty PRC girls. I avoided and literally had to dash for safety. This OKT is Ah Ben and the charges is RM 180.

Seems that a reputable spa like Parris have become another joint for vice activities. I am just going for a harmless massage, thats all! I am wondering if the spa at HH has also become a joint with vice activities going on.

Bro..i think u never tell us full story leh..hahaha.

so did u or did u not go up 7th floor?...if go, then cannot be "innocent" ma...
if never go, how u know "very pretty PRC girls"....

that said..after your post, i think more ppl will go Parris "look see look see"..haha...

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
today rm rate is 243.30 , haiz , why is it so low when I wan to change big amounts for downpayment.....

btw , for remittance rate , some bros mentioned abt raffles @ clifford centre , the rate is 2.439 , if remit less than RM50k , there will be $10 service charge , if not its waived.

Crystal..if you go to Raffles @ Jurong Point, remittance for 10000 RM and above - there is no $10 svc charge.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect many Japanese firms may be moving their manufacturing across to Johor as the biggest investors after Singaporeans in Imperia is the Japanese.

Look like things is moving slightly smoother than expected.

Cheers,
PH

Yeh Yonglip, now we know the reason why the Japanese were previously reported to be buying land in Pasir Gudang and building bungalows for their high net worth Japanese investors. Their previous project was quite a hit among their Japanese customers, so successful that they bought more land to build more residential properties in the same area.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal..if you go to Raffles @ Jurong Point, remittance for 10000 RM and above - there is no $10 svc charge.

Oh ok , i will try and ask , hope this few days rm will raise ....
How come clifford and Jurong are the same company but clifford charge service charge ? hmm

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i tried chef wah last Fri evening , abt 7 plus , only have 1 table before us ...The servers there more than customers...
After that, another small grp came in and brought a pail of shells (i think its lala )for them to cook , didnt know can do that
The food ok la , i saw that lunch they have promotion from mon-fri for dishes RM6.80/plate , will try it one day

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey checkers

Any idea how the remittance process like ?
I need to bring in cash to them for remittance ? and how many days does it take ?

thanks

Hi Crystal

I did my remittance from Raffles @ Clifford Centre. If you bring cash, it's done by the next working day. Eg, if you pay cash on Monday, it's deposited by Tuesday. If you pay cash on Friday, it's done by following Monday.

If payment via cheque, they will wait for your cheque to clear before depositing the cash in the bank acocunt, so takes 3 working days in total. Eg, you give a cheque on Monday before 1pm, it's done by Thursday.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal

I did my remittance from Raffles @ Clifford Centre. If you bring cash, it's done by the next working day. Eg, if you pay cash on Monday, it's deposited by Tuesday. If you pay cash on Friday, it's done by following Monday.

If payment via cheque, they will wait for your cheque to clear before depositing the cash in the bank acocunt, so takes 3 working days in total. Eg, you give a cheque on Monday before 1pm, it's done by Thursday.

Thanks nusajayaphile....who has answered Crystal's enquiry. Paying cash may yield a slightly higher remittance rate at times :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect many Japanese firms may be moving their manufacturing across to Johor as the biggest investors after Singaporeans in Imperia is the Japanese.

Look like things is moving slightly smoother than expected.

Cheers,
PH

Have to admit that you and IskandarRocks have good foresight on future of Puteri Harbour.
Would like to hear IskandarRocks's and your view on those upcoming RM6 mil bungalows in Puteri Harbour. Any comments?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal

Hi Bro

Thanks for replying ...
Wow , cant imagine i have to bring so much cash for remittance .....
If use cheque , wondering they will be using Mon's or Thurs rate ....

fairies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone.
If I can still remember, there were some members who requested to be informed of any Ledang Heights land up for sale.
I came across this website today, announcing that there will be a launching of a number of land/bungalow lots on 10th Dec.
Those who are interested, you can check this site:

http://fortepacific.blogspot.com/2011/10/leisure-farm-and-ledang-heights.html

Disclaimer: I'm not an agent or whatsoever of the said website owner/company ... just someone who would like to see more neighbours in LH :wink:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to admit that you and IskandarRocks have good foresight on future of Puteri Harbour.
Would like to hear IskandarRocks's and your view on those upcoming RM6 mil bungalows in Puteri Harbour. Any comments?

Hi Investor, to be honest with you, I bought into Imperia not based on any foresight but just based on 'love at first sight' when I toured the area. I thought that this could be my chance to live in a Waterfront property with magnificent views of the Marina, etc.

Those 6M bunglows, I have not even thought about because firstly, they are out of my reach and, secondly, I am quite happy with what I have already got into. Maybe gone a bit overboard already.

In my view, 6M (USD2M) is a lot of money, by international standards. We like to compare it with the $20M+ bungalows in Sentosa, but Sentosa has a brand value and prestige that is unmatched. Just like Louis Vuitton, where I have seen folks line up to buy a SG$5000 handbag.

So, in a nutshell, if I had enough money to spare and was crazy about walking out of my house and into the boat, I would go for it. As an investment, I would be very careful. I will also be concerned about the security as well as overall upkeep of the surroundings.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi IskandarRocks,

Thanks for sharing your views.
So your unit in East Ledang is more for investment when compared to the one at Puteri Harbour?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi IskandarRocks,

Thanks for sharing your views.
So your unit in East Ledang is more for investment when compared to the one at Puteri Harbour?

Fell in love with that one as well. Sounds like cheating. :smile:

Fortunately, my banker could support me with 85% for both the loans. So, one is for investment, other is for own stay. Which one is for what? I don't know yet. My wife and kids will decide once they see them both.

I know it sounds whimsical, but thats me.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fell in love with that one as well. Sounds like cheating. :smile:

Fortunately, my banker could support me with 85% for both the loans. So, one is for investment, other is for own stay. Which one is for what? I don't know yet. My wife and kids will decide once they see them both.

I know it sounds whimsical, but thats me.

So can I say that you bought both because other than falling in love with them, you saw both as potential good investments which will see appreciating values over the next few years?

Last edited:

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I not an expert of puteri harbour but can give you my 2 cents worth.
Ledang heights is MYR80-100PDF for land. Ie, it will work to to about MYR1.2m for land assuming construction cost is MYR 2.5m. The total cost would work up to about SGD 1.5m. Vs SGD2.59m (MYR 6m) for bayfront. I am sure the land will be smaller in size and the quality I finishes will not e as good. I may not value bayfront and smaller land size at SGD 1m.

I went to see ledang heights over the weekend and I kind of like the estate.... You may want to consider LH as well...

Cheers,
PH

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I may not value bayfront and smaller land size at SGD 1m.
Cheers,
PH

Hi PH,
I don't quite get what you mean from your above statement.
You mean you're willing to pay almost Sgd1 mil for a 3 room condo in Puteri Harbour but don't see that a waterfront bungalow there is worth Sgd1 mil?

Status
Not open for further replies.