• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Brother, I will update here if i go on Sunday. Have a good weekend!

Most welcome lastresort. Enjoy, if you do go there as they have a lot of food and festivities planned.

Btw, did anyone go to the official IMPIANA launch, last weekend? Would be good to know how that went.

Cheers,
IR

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
can't blame them since these are essentially chinese schools. conversely, i have ever know some to go from foon yew high to taiwan for higher education. let's hope for marlborough to fill the gap.

I am not looking down on Foon Yew. But my own relatives come from Foon Yew ( supposedly the elite schools in Johor ) but their standard of English is simply atrocious. Many Singapore K2 children speak much more fluent English than them.

However, if I want my kids to continue to study in Malaysia university or even work in Malaysia, I will try my best to apply for Foon Yew. But the problems with many Foon Yew grads are that once they come to NTU or NUS, they find it extremely difficult to adjust to the English based textbooks as all along they are using Chinese textbooks to teach Maths and Sciences etc

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour - Imperia@Puteri Harbour

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
me! likely haha. if you're thinking of cooking. gotta bring in supplies from SG. I'll be stocking up on rarer herbs (sage etc), double cream, parsnips, couscous, prosciutto, dried porcini etc. yummy.

Hi hi

Anyone celebrating x mas in Jb?? Can share experience, like food etc, tot of doing it in Jb, for the catholics, any midnight mass??

On another note to other forumers who cook, I found that Tescos is starting to stock dry herbs and they are comprehensive though not as good as fresh ones. For the common ones, grow them in your garden. rarer ones, can buy but put 2-3X the recommended amount to get the kick. and I found saffron! exquisite spice about 5-6 strands for rm20. Absolutely amazing if you know how to use it.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh so that's why the clubhouse was parked full of cars.

hey sanuar, at bwv, we are gathering some christian neighbours to come together and do a Christmas cum new year party for neighbours in BWV at serai. You guys interested to come join us??? in fact just last week, some of our indian neighbours organized a deepavali celebration at serai club, really really good food with on the spot, freshly made hot tosai & chapatti..... u guys interested to join us? btw, the food will be halal. Most probably it will be done on 30th of 31st Dec.

Will be attending Christmas mass in Singapore....

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
so infuriating. and scientifically baseless esp. if it is not raw meat. if i ever get caught, i'll ask them to set up booth for me, let me park and i'll feast right infront of them and them bring myself in SG/JB. :p

Just to share, one of the lunar new year, my SIL bought BBQ pork n Singapore customs threw it away n make them sign something. We brought bird nest plants from Singapore into Jb n got confiscated. My hub brought in "pop pop" fire cracker, confiscated in Singapore custom, sent him to police station, CID too n got a warning letter, another time will b jail.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
me! likely haha. if you're thinking of cooking. gotta bring in supplies from SG. I'll be stocking up on rarer herbs (sage etc), double cream, parsnips, couscous, prosciutto, dried porcini etc. yummy.
On another note to other forumers who cook, I found that Tescos is starting to stock dry herbs and they are comprehensive though not as good as fresh ones. For the common ones, grow them in your garden. rarer ones, can buy but put 2-3X the recommended amount to get the kick. and I found saffron! exquisite spice about 5-6 strands for rm20. Absolutely amazing if you know how to use it.

Hi euphony, u must b a great great cook!!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think each of us have specialty la. am pretty ok with anglo-italian stuff which was when i started cooking whilst studying in UK. am absolutely useless in traditional Chinese stuff, i cannot handle the wok and spill more ingredients than is cooked with my mum rolling her eyes on the side. tell you a secret, western cuisine is much easier once the ingredients are gotten right. our chinese/muslim/indian delicacies are much harder!

Hi euphony, u must b a great great cook!!

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Kenny, spray off the nice smelling type right?? We kept a bottle in the car, just in case we decides to eat at road side stall at night.

If I'm not mistaken there is a wipe, like the baby wet wipes, I think I bought them at carrefour, it's quite useful also and easy to use.

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, good thing we're moving to MY soon. At least if we bring stuff from SG to MY, it won't get confiscated or thrown away because most of the time, the MY customs may not check unless they see a lot of stuff in the back seat, then they will ask you to open the boot. Good to know all these.

If lucky don't kanna, if not lucky kanna. But nowadays at causeway, the centre lane got times they check inside and boot. Last time I like to buy plants at goodwood at Thompson, nowadays go local nursery. Bring in plants to Malaysia also cannot. Animal and plants cannot bring in.

KittyMeow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Iskandar Rocks,

I called and checked prices of the units u quoted.

IM-13A-07 - RM 1,077,888
IM-20-06 - RM 1,811,888
IM-31-03 - Sold

In fact for stack no 3, everything from level 15 onwards are all sold!

Will not be able to make it as I have a conflict on Sunday. They told me that they are currently 55% sold and the price was going up by 7-14% on Sunday. They ran a half page ad today in the Straits Times and apparently received a number of phone calls. BTW, I have heard this 7-14% story for quite a while now, apparently, they were planning to raise immediately after soft launch but did not do so. So it would be very interesting to see if they actually raise the price, given that most of the unsold units are the high priced 2508 sft 3 bedroom units.

Here are some of the pre-launch prices that I remember. You can use this to gauge if they actually raised the price or not. Based on the picture uploaded earlier, they seem to be unsold:

2 bedroom IM-13A-07, 1673 sft, RM 1,022,888 (RM 605 psf - facing office block)
3 bedroom IM-20-06, 2508 sft, RM 1,811,888 (RM 722 psf - facing public marina and kota iskandar)
3 bedroom IM-31-03, 2508 sft, RM 2,112,888 (RM 842 psf - facing public and private marina)

Hope this helps.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Iskandar Rocks,

I called and checked prices of the units u quoted.

IM-13A-07 - RM 1,077,888
IM-20-06 - RM 1,811,888
IM-31-03 - Sold

In fact for stack no 3, everything from level 15 onwards are all sold!

Thanks for checking Bro! Looks like they rised prices of some of the lower psf units (by Imperia standards) during pre-launch!

On a separate note, I read an interesting article this morning. Talks about the current momentum but at the same time covers some of the imperatives for success:

http://thestar.com.my/columnists/st...insightdownsouth/9929094&sec=insightdownsouth

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal

For sure no issues if your insurance has that clause. Never had any issues claiming insurance back from my company or personal one in Singapore.
On the contrary, the lady processing my claims was so pleased as we saved their company money by doing this in MY.[/QUOTE]

Right, the insurance companies should be happy. I wouldn't be surprised to see they encourage it - give discounts...

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour - Imperia@Puteri Harbour
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Linked: "Hey ODYSSEY you might wanna try to plant Citronella Grass too its an outdoor pest repellent. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymbopogon_nardus"

Yes, I think I will, plus lots of St Joseph palms and Lip-stick palms too! I have them at my SG place and I just love palms.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sanur: "Hi thanks for the invite. Still unsure if am going in at the time. May I know which parish to u attend. Mine-church of the holy spirit"

Haha, I'm from Holy Spirit too - small world! Then you must remember Fr Ignatius Huan, who preaches at our church some times. He is now the resident priest at Immalculate Conception, JB. We intend to ask him to bless our house when we move in mid next year.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
yonglip: "now we know why people call us "Kiasi" and "Hao lian"... "

Yeah lah, as though we are a farming country like Australia. For that country we can understand why, but what we have in SG is a concrete jungle, and maybe a few thousand chicken......

Status
Not open for further replies.