• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the 1990s, my father and his brothers queued up to buy some offices in Metro Larkin.
Developer was supposed to be very reliable and market was hotting up.
Not cheap, at that time a little office cost more than rm400k. I think less than 1000sf.
Of course we know now that the project was abandoned. I think eventually another developer took over and he did take over the premise but it's a ghost town. He took it as complete loss and people offer like 20k to buy over the unit.
(so u can imagine he's the biggest naysayer to convince me not to buy)

As many bros here are living in JB and may be more aware of the happenings inside, anybody knows the status of this Metro Larkin? Heard they are still building a hotel on topmost levels....not sure.
Any news much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Aisanbo Bro, if the office building is the one I mentioned then the reason why they haven't handed over is because the development did not pass CF. I heard it's the sub con's problem.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
You really should :smile: You'll be surprised.

P.S I am Not a property agent too :wink: (repeating after Cathylmg :biggrin:)
Nor am I working for IRDA.
Nor am I working for Mr Khaw (if you know what I mean hahahaha :biggrin:)
Nor am I a crook luring and waiting to rob you after CIQ.
Nor am I the boss of a Malaysian reno company

Maybe I should use the above as my signature lah :biggrin:

Hi investor,

A drunkard will never admit they r drunk. :wink:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. Don't teach them to be no.1. But teach them how to become financially independent early in life. Then go on to lead a charitable life. Do sometime to help people. The altimate aim of becoming fincially independent is to be able to do what they want without having to worry financially.

My sis gave up her career early in life to serve her church. No matter how I stress about money, she wouldn't listen. Now still don't listen. Now she has 2 children. Always no money. Always tells me tales about how in times of need, people automatically gave her money. The thing with living like that is, instead of helping people, she is going to be the one needing help in the end.

So be generous, be charitable, be helpful. But in the course of that, being financially independent gives you the ability to fulfill it without worries.

Hi Sis,

You got me wrong, I actually said that I don't want and don't need my kids to be no. 1.
Here's what I wrote;
I better teach my future children to just be contented, live simply, ask for less, give more, cherish family etc instead of pressuring them to be competitive from young with Cambridge English tuition, some increase intelligence course, Piano, Ballet, Math tuition, nian nian kao di yi (year year no. one in class)

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone recommend place to shop for some good quality doors (both entrance and internal)? Some nice wood options would be interesting to look at.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was also suspecting that there's no limit on the number of times a Malaysian can visit Singapore as a tourist on social visit pass. Vice versa, you guys staying in Johor are also entering Johor under social visit pass on a daily basis mah. But I can't comment as I'm not 100% sure about it anyway.

No limit in the sense that ICA does not say how many times a Malaysian can visit as tourist, but like foreigners of all nationalities, anybody come to Sg often enough on social visit, ICA will eventually ask questions, and then simply refuse entry if they feel like it.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG, I am trying hard to imagine a table with the sign 'SAMMYBOY FORUMERS" ....it may attract more attention than the bride and bridegroom !

Hahaha aangsc that's a good one.
But Sicarly we state "Living in JB" and end up attracting more attention leh? :eek:

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Aisanbo Bro, if the office building is the one I mentioned then the reason why they haven't handed over is because the development did not pass CF. I heard it's the sub con's problem.
I think so that it had not pass CF since the top part of building is not completed.
But my father already got the keys to his unit but no electricity and water supply.
He himself don't know the status of it. Sigh....

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For pirated DVDs, Gelang Patah have a permenant roadside stall, the Chinese guy very honest, buy 5 one free n if not clear ge will ask u not to buy. Friendly chap

I thought nowadays you can view any movie you want from website like Funshion? Just connect the laptop to TV using HD cable and watch it on TV screen.

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
HUH? Do you mean the delivery guy is allowed to enter EL for delivery up to door step? If that's the case, it seems more like bad news because security of EL will slowly become weak and relaxed. I hope the delivery guy can only deliver up to guardhouse.

EL is single gated only wheareas LF is double gated. so best they can deliver is to the 2nd gate which is still far if you live deep within the bowels of LF haha...

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I cannot agree more! It was love at first sight for us and we could not sleep that night when we first visited the place. I still can remember the first time I step out of the car outside the club house looking over the HORIZON. It was simply breadth taking.

Just met a KL taikor in JB for breakfast. He said he had heard about HH and so he came to check it out. He was very surprised JB got such an upmarket development similar to Desa Park City. I feel so humbled by his remarks because he compares it to Desa Park. :biggrin:

The super big lake and the retail mall with a few restaurants beside the lake in Desa Park City is definitely of higher standard.
Not saying that HH has no standard ok, don't be uber sensitive k :wink: HH just needs a few more years to be developed further to be like Desa Park City.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think so that it had not pass CF since the top part of building is not completed.
But my father already got the keys to his unit but no electricity and water supply.
He himself don't know the status of it. Sigh....

bro, is your father planning to sell if possible?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
The super big lake and the retail mall with a few restaurants beside the lake in Desa Park City is definitely of higher standard.
Not saying that HH has no standard ok, don't be uber sensitive k :wink: HH just needs a few more years to be developed further to be like Desa Park City.

=) I definitely think HH is no where near Desa Park City, Desa Park is really awesome place to live in. I have friend's friend who bought units there, crazy price. I heard prices multiplied 3 times in 3 years for some units. By the way, have you been there before? =)

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No limit in the sense that ICA does not say how many times a Malaysian can visit as tourist, but like foreigners of all nationalities, anybody come to Sg often enough on social visit, ICA will eventually ask questions, and then simply refuse entry if they feel like it.

OIC thanks for sharing.
So does the Malaysian Customs do the same to Singaporeans who visit too often like the many friends here who live in Johor and enter Johor everyday?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
=) I definitely think HH is no where near Desa Park City, Desa Park is really awesome place to live in. I have friend's friend who bought units there, crazy price. I heard prices multiplied 3 times in 3 years for some units. By the way, have you been there before? =)

Yup my bro-in-law brought us there for a steamboat dinner some time back. Very nice place with the fantastic view of the lake, really nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.