• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: To Wuqi advise needed

Life was peaceful ever since I had no neighbours until recently no 78 employ a contractor who has no respect for rules and people property. They exploited the weakness and slackness of the security guards. Security guard no longer patrols Horizon Hill gateway as consistent within schedule time. Previously when the Botak Manager of Security is here any renovation has to be cut off by 5pm if flout the rules their men and head would be refrain from entering gateway without a warning at their HQ. Now all is lost.

They trespass my kitchen garden without proper permission.
They hoist my the other neighbor water hose right across my car poach and into their work area.
And now they boldly push the limits of the security guards eyes by working beyond 6pm. The last I heard before I left for dinner which was 8pm they are still at it. Drilling cabinets.
No one rush them out. No one monitor them after the working time.

How can we ensure that this does not happen to you? How can we let the head of security knows his boys are not doing his job. That they fire the one man that gave peace and assurance to the once safe and peaceful gateway.

I need help on how we can give the committee a warning on their boys. How can we not be a victim of complacent so that we will not have our first ever break in.

Please help Wuqi.
Ps I know I am not in my hometown. I should be wary not to create enemies but what if my children get hurt.
Well that is the problem since it is not strata and not governed by house by-law, you can only plead with the owner,one thing bad is that this type of things in malaysia, you pretty much have to put up with it. i have heard also of bad contractors doing things halfway then demand payment .

if hh has a committee, then approach the committee and see whether they are willing to do anything. problem is with the comittee is that they may also be holiday/weekenders only.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Setia Eco Cascadia...
1. 5-10 minutes drive to Tebrau City, tesco & maybe Ikea
2. Next to Setia Indah amenities
3. High ground, good feng shui
4. 1st phase 1st precinct. Prices for Setia subsequent phases typically can only go up
5. Just above 500k.
6. Strata Landed with facilities. Better chance of well maintenance
7. strata landed is more secured than normal g&g.
8. Seems relaxing with waterfalls, etc. But of course dun expect like their pictures lah.
9. Limited terrace with facilities in this area. Hopefully, easier to rent.
10. Interest absorption scheme. Pay installment only upon completion.
Bad points....
1. Need to pay higher maintenance for facilities
2. 10 minutes away from north south highway Adda Heights exit. Not like Setia tropika.
3. Not in Nusajaya.
4. not sure what kind of people stay there....

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Setia Eco Cascadia...
1. 5-10 minutes drive to Tebrau City, tesco & maybe Ikea
2. Next to Setia Indah amenities
3. High ground, good feng shui
4. 1st phase 1st precinct. Prices for Setia subsequent phases typically can only go up
5. Just above 500k.
6. Strata Landed with facilities. Better chance of well maintenance
7. strata landed is more secured than normal g&g.
8. Seems relaxing with waterfalls, etc. But of course dun expect like their pictures lah.
9. Limited terrace with facilities in this area. Hopefully, easier to rent.
10. Interest absorption scheme. Pay installment only upon completion.
Bad points....
1. Need to pay higher maintenance for facilities
2. 10 minutes away from north south highway Adda Heights exit. Not like Setia tropika.
3. Not in Nusajaya.
4. not sure what kind of people stay there....

Is the waterfall man made or nature huh ?
The cardboard model is very impresive . But the roads leading to the developement are not easy to move leh ( maybe due to me not familiar with the area ). Makan places not as many as Bukit Indah /Nusajaya area.
For those staying in Tuas is pretty far .
Anyway they are selling like hot cakes , so I think must be great in the eyes of investors .

Last edited:

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the waterfall man made or nature huh ?
The cardboard model is very impresive . But the roads leading to the developement are not easy to move leh ( maybe due to me not familiar with the area ). Makan places not as many as Bukit Indah /Nusajaya area.
For those staying in Tuas is pretty far .
Anyway they are selling like hot cakes , so I think must be great in the eyes of investors .
Manmade. Heard there's a smaller natural one but for future phases.
Quite easy to drive there from NS highway with new wide roads but many humps.
I'm actually not familiar with that area. Every time just go tebrau city.
Setia indah quite old. I suppose good to just get a quick meal and buy quick groceries, massage, car servicing, etc.
Not for people who want to go tuas. But it will be convenient to go woodlands CIQ via EDL.
The degree of jam remains to be seen. If there's MRT, then it would be very feasible for people working in SG.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
which one did you is the best? only been to the city square one and its a good 2 years ago i think.

The latest cinema at KSL is not bad ....cannot tell if it is the best. The seats are wide and comfortable with good leg space in between. But the traffic at the small roads leading to that shopping mall is horrendous.

Can't imagine what it is going to be like when the resort and condo are up in a few years' time. Try to catch a movie during the weekdays - should be fine. Enjoy!:wink:

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
For cinema,among cathay,mbo,tgv,gsc,i would suggest tebrau city tgv and 2nd pelangi leisure mall giant gsc.

Y not ksl mbo? Centralise aircorn=cold, pure screen 2.0 sound effect don have surround effect. Seats are tight though.

Y not citysquare cathay? Tight seats,bad pokcorn,smelly seats. Cheaper bt parking fee cost u alot.

Y tgv? Good seat arrangement,good sound effect,good pokcorn too.bt tickrt pricy while parking is onli 1 dollar.

Y gsc? Best pokcorn, big seats and sound. Less ppl go meaning more ticket available,parking 1 dollar n ticket is the cheapest among all

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
For cinema,among cathay,mbo,tgv,gsc,i would suggest tebrau city tgv and 2nd pelangi leisure mall giant gsc.

Y not ksl mbo? Centralise aircorn=cold, pure screen 2.0 sound effect don have surround effect. Seats are tight though.

Y not citysquare cathay? Tight seats,bad pokcorn,smelly seats. Cheaper bt parking fee cost u alot.

Y tgv? Good seat arrangement,good sound effect,good pokcorn too.bt tickrt pricy while parking is onli 1 dollar.

Y gsc? Best pokcorn, big seats and sound. Less ppl go meaning more ticket available,parking 1 dollar n ticket is the cheapest among all

Thank you , Shawn... for that. Appreciate your comments. Very detailed one. :smile:

Last edited:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
once you reach jusco, dun enter, continue to tesco, then turn left on the main road betn tesco and giant, stay on this road and you will reach the mall which is on your left. on the way you will find bestmart the wet market on your left. return by the same route and on the left of the same main road are 2 nurseries. a roadside stall is usually set up just at the entrance to the nurseries, selling durians or whatever is in season.
Hi

Been to sutera mall once, how do I go from leisure farm?? Should b all the way to jusco bt indah and ...?
Thanks

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to packet my dinner in New Cathay. One thing is that sometimes over the weekends they have weddings and thus if u are expecting personalised service, you can forget it as their attention is on the wedding next door.

The feeling of sitting there like an idiot to wait for your food while the waiters are walking around is like the same feeling I had in any Singapore coffeeshop. Heard the boss talk like a big fuck. See the amount of photos he took with Singapore " ministers" all hung outside and u know what kind of person he is. Also heard that when u want to book the place for dinners and even put down deposit, after 1 month he can call u up to say its being cancelled because "royalty" or "big-shot civil servants" have booked the date for their function. Its one of the most fuck-up service resturant in JB and I swear never to patronise them ever again

Empathise with you. a hungry man is an angry man :smile: Chill... suggest you go Chef Wah (beside Habib) ... i ta pow dinner once there. Service was prompt and the waitress even served me tea(free) while I waited. The food there is a little too salty for my liking - just tell them how you want them cooked in the way you like it.

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
once you reach jusco, dun enter, continue to tesco, then turn left on the main road betn tesco and giant, stay on this road and you will reach the mall which is on your left. on the way you will find bestmart the wet market on your left. return by the same route and on the left of the same main road are 2 nurseries. a roadside stall is usually set up just at the entrance to the nurseries, selling durians or whatever is in season.

there is a sign board indicating the direction of SM there. That nursery sells good fruits - a little pricey but fresh and sweet , especially the coconuts.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Empathise with you. a hungry man is an angry man :smile: Chill... suggest you go Chef Wah (beside Habib) ... i ta pow dinner once there. Service was prompt and the waitress even served me tea(free) while I waited. The food there is a little too salty for my liking - just tell them how you want them cooked in the way you like it.

How is the pricing at Chef Wah ? Have not tried them just yet , as I mostly looking for those with reasonable price vs resonable quality . Super ex one , we have so many in SG .

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for the recommendations. now i know where to go, agree citysquare parking very expensive.

The latest cinema at KSL is not bad ....cannot tell if it is the best. The seats are wide and comfortable with good leg space in between. But the traffic at the small roads leading to that shopping mall is horrendous.

Can't imagine what it is going to be like when the resort and condo are up in a few years' time. Try to catch a movie during the weekdays - should be fine. Enjoy!:wink:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is the pricing at Chef Wah ? Have not tried them just yet , as I mostly looking for those with reasonable price vs resonable quality . Super ex one , we have so many in SG .

The price is reasonable unless u go for live fish(?)and live prawn( 12 rm per 100g if i remember correctly). Their weekday simple lunch is cheap. I like their service and the restaurant is quiet.

There is one zhi char stall at one of the coffee shops opposite nanyang kopitiam at sutera side - that one is cheap. I remembered we paid 105 rm for a group of 7 adults and we ordered steamed fish and butter prawns etc. It was a satisfying meal - good food and good company :smile:

Of course, one is airconditioned and comes with svc charge and the other doesn't.

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to Imperia yesterday at around 1 PM. Aircond was not working, so the place was a bit warm.
Talk to the sales person, Mr Syed Fadzil, he prefer s to be called by name BOBO. 3 Bedroom units left only on the 5th floor. He said not many like the 5th floor because the view is blocked by the incoming TRADERS hotel. Was told the CIQ at the bay will be ready by next year, it will ferry people from Marina Bay Singapore.

From Imperia, then I proceed to Austin Height. About 6-7 people were there doing inquiry. was told a new phase is coming soon and interested buyer can do booking now. The semi D unit will start from 900K +. Has anyone here seen the show unit, the bungalow. I would call this bungalow a GIANT. So big and 4 storey high. Just by looking at the model (in the showroom), we can tell this is a giant unit. dont even bother to ask how much it is. too scare to ask.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.