• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
some bros here say bukit indah maciam bukit timah...i beg to defer la..bukit timah is more residential value...bukit indah not only has residential value, the places around tesco/giant/jusco will be developed with more shops and restaurants in another few years time, it will be the de facto orchard road of johor.

i sometimes wonder whether the developers are getting too ahead of themselves by squeezing so much commercial development in that area...its like someone ate his first durain, liked it and ordered one lorry load!!...indigestion!! haha.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
yonglip said:
some bros here say bukit indah maciam bukit timah...i beg to defer la..bukit timah is more residential value...bukit indah not only has residential value, the places around tesco/giant/jusco will be developed with more shops and restaurants in another few years time, it will be the de facto orchard road of johor.

i sometimes wonder whether the developers are getting too ahead of themselves by squeezing so much commercial development in that area...its like someone ate his first durain, liked it and ordered one lorry load!!...indigestion!! haha.

If anyone of u been sutera mall area, that place is also a packed Zone. As u can see the skyroof and some shoplots are ubder construction nw in bukit indah, i blive once its completed it will js like the sutera area full of shops and foods and entertainment. I myself a johorian never expect everything pop up like tt...lol

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
v kind of u bro...nothing beats a local bringing one around...
will PM you my email and contact...can meetup for kopi some day man.

Sure np~its fated since we kno each other here and bought the same piece of land, we r neighbour! XD btw im facing SW the weather is so hot now i worried abt future><

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now thinking more about what has been happening in Johor, especially Nusajaya, property price appreciation at such a skyrocket fast rate is healthy or not to both locals and foreigners. Most of us think we are getting something a lot cheaper than what we can get in Singapore. Our expression of our feelings about properties being cheaper in Johor (through our actions and aggressiveness in snapping properties there) gives the developers guts and signals to increase the price at any rate they like: they may think even they increase the price, we still think we are getting something cheap. Relative to what happened a few years back in Johor, what we are getting are no longer cheap (I am not using Singapore as the benchmark here). The main point is not whether we can afford it but whether the property purchase is value for our hard earned money.

U got the point bro math. Bt im what im trying to say is the income of the ppl working in jb does not on par on the appreciation and the value of the property in jb. Few years bak house with 300k every1 is yelling its too exp, bt now? Already no more 300k house, even it has, it is relatively small and far from hot zone. Now, all the houses are abt 500k in bukit indah area thats why alot of my friends cant afford to buy such house. (they r not manager post just normal employee) altot the government promise to build more chep house below 300k in
Nusajaya gelang patah,i tink the house will b very small n the quality will b bad due to msia government likes to eat money! =/

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fortunately we all made it early, but not too late lah , just buy something simple will do .

Agree!!! and within your means Bros...within your own means...

I know is difficult comming from SG - if you convert, heck 500k SG can get you a big big house and if you use the SGD500k in SG...Can't even smell a decent 3 room private condo!!! and heck it's just what...40 mins away!

Temptation Bros...

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
a staff here said it is 2013 completion, the exit will be near the LF water tower on the left side of the hiway when you come in from SG
haha bro Investor, remember in bolehland, anything is possible as long as you have the right connection and cable. I suggest if you're seriously looking at LF, you really should go there to find out more from the staff. But don't take my words too seriously i was kidding more than being serious, if they do that, I am sure the insider would be buying up more before you realised.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman

Had a hard time looking for our list :smile:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Jasonjst,

I agree with you on this. The gap is narrowing.

I have noticed price increases for some food items (within the last 3 months) , not really justified in my opinion.

The "value" associated with the living in JB may be changed from lower living expenses to other factors. Worth or not will depend on individual's definition of "value".

I think it is still cheap if you buy at the right location, price and developer. The problem I see it is people think that the whole JB is price at a premium . Sometime I wonder where is the real saving we were talking about at the begining of the thread 3yrs ago. Assuming you buy a house 1M = 450K SGD , you need a SG car , a JB car and toll charge / petrol / times.
With this kind of money a retirees can find a humble HDB pigeon hole , move around in MRTs , eat at hawkers .
Anyway I still feel is great buy if you have the money , quality of life is better than living in pigeon hole lah, saving is not that great already . If you are buying in very high end development , maybe cost of living higher than in SG leh .

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think food prices are increasing everywhere within the last 3 months.. but relatively higher in JB as compared to the local wage..

Bro Jasonjst,

I agree with you on this. The gap is narrowing.

I have noticed price increases for some food items (within the last 3 months) , not really justified in my opinion.

The "value" associated with the living in JB may be changed from lower living expenses to other factors. Worth or not will depend on individual's definition of "value".

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

oh on a more domestic side, anyone of you who'd like to have some basil cuttings let me know i can give. i started out with 1 pot now 3 pots are overgrown, need to reserve space for other herbs. I was trimming just now and had to throw away a fair bit away which could make perfectly viable basil plants. The leaves are what you'd want for spaghetti, tomato salads, pesto sauce etc. LFer or otherwise no worries.
Hey bro Euphony, I would love to have some... when I move into HH by end Nov, I can start a small garden using pots. We could meet in a common place, restaurant or something and I could buy coffee for you... :smile:

Thanks Vincentck for your reply.

The developer for "the Quartz" is the SP Setia Group..

and here is their website:
http://www.spsetia.com.my/bukit_indah_johor/pfs_thequartz.htm

The guard house entrance showed "8th Avenue" though.. perhaps "The Quartz" is one development in the precinct called "8th Avenue"?

Bros and Sis here have any comments on "the Quartz"?
I should really check this out because from your description, it sounds like the development is next to my future house. So, it'll be good to know more about the developement and the potential home owners there. Thanks.

I wonder if the built specification is acceptable, eg. with "Timber Truss roof framing" and "Corrugated roof / R.C flat roof", which I do not know if there are any concerns.

http://www.spsetia.com.my/bukit_indah_johor/pfs_thequartz_specifications.htm

Also the security of the area.
UEM uses metal frames for the roof in NI P8; apparently that is to avoid future termite issues. Timber is cheaper, but if it's treated it should be safe from termites. I'm not sure about the roof specs... whether it's good or not.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Salute!!!

It seems that you have found the optimum routine for your family.

Hi there roger
My children are studying in Singapore and we commute daily. One of them is in the morning session and the other is in the afternoon. They are both schooling in Woodlands. Well, the elder will wake up about 5:30 to get ready for school and leave about 6:15 and drive in through Tuas. I usually reach woodlands about 7:10 and will drive back to JB. The younger will leave home about 11:20 and drive through woodlands and would reach school about 12:10. When I fetch the younger back and will drive through woodlands and get back about 7:30 - 8pm depends on the jam at the causeway. The jam at the causeway will start about 6pm usually but on rainny days sometimes its not so bad. If some odd days, I would drive back through Tuas and would reach home about 7:40-8pm well if I am lazy to Q in the jam. You need to try out for about a week or two to get some timing right. Btw im staying at HH. I would avoid the morning jam from JB at the causeway. I tried the route before and I left home at 6am and reached my kids school earliest at 7:15, that is with good driving skill going through the jam. The traffic from tuas to woodlands is a breeze as most of the traffic is going the opposite direction.

Just my 2 cents
Cheers

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree the quality of life is better in JB. This is why I myself have also bought a landed property there. I just don't feel comfortable with the fact that some developers increase the prices drastically within a short period of time (sometimes within a month) and have a mindset that they are selling at a "cheap" price to us and we will rush to buy no matter what. When you look at the total amount you end up paying, that amount is not really that small.

Maybe we all here should KPKB like we did to the PAP/HDB back in SG , that way the developer and agents will not anyhow increase prices , haha ! ( I guess lot of agents and developers watching this forum , that is why they know our treshole level of prices )

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 - Nusajaya, Wuqi256 sisters, sister bf. Wuqi256's relatives, friends and colleagues - Total 27 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow - Bestari Heights
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman

Had a hard time looking for our list :smile:

By the way , where is the party and champange we were talking about earlier ? Maybe can hold one when this list end ....

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does this mean that next time when the MRT is ready in say 6-8 yrs time, it will be a breeze to travel from JB outskirt to SG Woodlands MRT - Then from there connect to the rest of SG?

With the MRT, say from Kempas, to CIQ, probably will take 15 mins max and then go thru the JB CIQ check, from there hop on to a train that will take you out to SG CIQ, once cleared then get on to the SG MRT that will connect to Woodlands and then to rest of JB...So all in max 30 mins can get from Kempas to Woodlands MRT in future???

hahahaha....that would be ideal already bros...letting the imagination run wild...
if this do come thru, I think a lot of ppl will prefer to rent a place in JB and then work in SG.....imagine 30 mins can pass CIQ and in SG, and another 30 mins to reach office...the amount of savings in rental ...if the forex is still the same!

Bro Spidey,
Well I am looking forward to the completion of the MRT line to JB. The children will be grown up and we just need to pick them up at the station where they alight. Well that will be another 7 years before it starts operation. If my elder son is in secondary school he might want to go to school by himself, we might just sent and pick him up at the Bukit Indah bus terminal. Just have to wait and see. Till then we just do our usual route daily.

Cheers

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow! so you travel in and out twice a day! salute. its a good thing the coastal highway would help much on the return leg back to HH. When it finally connects to the 2nd link even more time to chip off. What do your children feel or say about living in JB? should be very interesting listening to a kids view for a change :smile:

Yes sis, we commute almost twice daily, except for tuesdays and wednesdays where the kids have extra classes and such. Like Cathy here in the forum, she also commutes daily. After awhile you will get the hang of it. I will drive the kids when I'm at home. My wife will be at home doing her chores and such. But when I'm away, my wife will be driving them around. Luckly the petrol prices are cheap so we dont mind the extra mile.

Cheers

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Whether the quality of life is better here than sg is subjective. It depends on one's lifestyle and taste. :rolleyes:

I really must agree with you that it is a personal choice. I still have folks who refuse to come and even see but yet complain about SG being overcowded, etc. Still like minded folks who can well afford staying in SG are making the move. Many of them are not just able to stay in condos in SG, some are landed owners in SG as well. Its a matter of choice.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Spidey,
Well I am looking forward to the completion of the MRT line to JB. The children will be grown up and we just need to pick them up at the station where they alight. Well that will be another 7 years before it starts operation. If my elder son is in secondary school he might want to go to school by himself, we might just sent and pick him up at the Bukit Indah bus terminal. Just have to wait and see. Till then we just do our usual route daily.

Cheers

too optimistic la bro....i think in JB context, when they say 7 to 8 years, its safer to plan for 10-12 years before the first trains start rolling. Sing's MRT construction gets delayed here and there too...in JB, many of the planned routes ply existing town ships/roads....i read somewhere they also consider tunneling...not easy.

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was going through the same idea last year, in the end I did not proceed.
Does your kids have many tuitions and CCA ? What are their standard ?
After all these while , still not enough school kids to transport from HH to SG to form a HH school bus. Was hoping one day it will happen as the thread already expanded many times.
What is your monthly toll like now ?
Sadly I have unofficial vote of 1 out of 4.

Yes bro,
They do have CCAs and others but we try to manage them during the weekdays. They do not have any tuitions yet as we can still manage their studies. In the future, yes they will be getting tuitions and that will also be during the weekdays and we reserve the weekends for their playdays and family days. I do not think it is wise to stress them with school work during the weekends. Kids needs to run around and play. I did ask a bus company that ferries children from JB to my children school, but I think the pick up time is way too early for them. The driver said that some of them are picked up as early as 4:30. I guessed that is for those further away. Before we moved to JB last year, we did a trial run. We stayed at eurorich hotel and left at 6am and went through Tuas, and found that the timing was ok so we had been using them. We did tried going through causeway in Jan when the school re-opened but many times we find that we were unable to reach on time. So we stick to the tuas route ever since.

Cheers

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes sis, we commute almost twice daily, except for tuesdays and wednesdays where the kids have extra classes and such. Like Cathy here in the forum, she also commutes daily. After awhile you will get the hang of it. I will drive the kids when I'm at home. My wife will be at home doing her chores and such. But when I'm away, my wife will be driving them around. Luckly the petrol prices are cheap so we dont mind the extra mile.

Cheers

Well done!!! I am so glad for you. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.