• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Hi spidey, go check with Horizon Residence.
Heard they have units that are below RM500k, some below RM400k.

Bros, Over the weekend and yesterday day off, I went to a few places in JB as recommended by a few Bros here to get a feel of the place as well as the location (drive there, and check out the distance)...and end of the day, my hunt didn't go too well...

My budget was slightly above 500k - and I would like a small land at the side - (looking for corner or end lot with 10 ft land) and realized that places like :

HH - No way can get a one!

Nusa Sentral/Idamand - same case...intermediate is already going above > 500k

Bukit Indah - new ones > 500k for corner and do not like the quality - for > 550k and the front does not even comes with tiles!!! and the floor is not even marble/ or the huge shinning tiles, it's the small tiles type - personally i don't see quality in Bukit Indah - just that's it located near Tuas! paying 500k for an intermediate lot and then another 100k to renovate!! to me not worth it...(my personal feel)
Went to look for resale market - < 500K, there are units being sold <500k , but you wouldn't venture there - condition is really bad and without G&G....so no point!! These are older launches...

EL - No need to see

Puteri Harbour - No need to se

I think from HH onwards to Tuas checkpoint - No need to see already - All > 600k liao!!!

Austin Hills - don't like the location - but I think is also more than 550k for corner.

Austin Heights - nothing for sale yet, but launching cluster homes - cheapest >600k

Setia Cascadia - put in a deposit - but all sold out...like the design and area...sales girl will let me know if there is a pull out...only the 501k intermediate lots! if corner no need to say ...above my budget!!
This is my current best one todate!!!

Setia Tropika - also intermediate lot already >500k...saw some Garage houses - don't like the design at all...left 2 units..other no need to see - all >500k...all others sold out!!

Setia Indah - all > 500k - design like Bukit Indah....don't see the quality there and going for >500k for corner lots - left 1 or 2 units - bumi release lot! Area so so - a lot of twisting and turning getting into the housing estate...

Taman Daya - no need to see ....all old houses..

I went to Addax(I can't recall the name...but very high class place and very nice), near to Setia Tropika - no need to see...

So, Bros - looks like it's really difficult to find anything for around 500k in JB now if you want a corner house with land and in a good location!!!

That sums my hunt...

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes bro...jusco at 2nd link...

they din check passport validity, no finger printing no nothing..just give them passport and RM30..wait for 1 minute..i.e. if no one in front of you...wa la..done liao. i think they big leh long on the MACS these days...valid for one year..

For those Bros who want to get MACS, better be quick. The ladies there told me they only gave this out easily as a promotion. After Nov 15 2011, there is no more promotion (unless for some unknown reason, there is an extension for promotion which is very unlikely), everyone who wants to apply for MACS needs to fill in forms and submits photos etc and it will not be as fast and convenient as what is done in Jusco right now!

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for sharing this video. Need to warn all forummers to avert their wife/wives eyes. :smile:

Have gone abroad for a few days and so many pages have been added. Need to catch up.

Oops, my wife has just seen this video while I am looking at this page and she immediately requests to go to take a look.

I am sweating now!

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, 14800 does not include the 20 yrs interest of it. So including the interest, it should be close to 92RM/month.

eh bro..14800 divide by 240 where got 92?..only 61.6 la..or around S$25 per month...ok la.

u scaring your ownself la bro..haha.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, I was originally considering LF but backed out in the last minute because of the dark road in front. Bro Euphony seems to have a very good time there.

If I knew the thing about the new exit, I would have given a even more serious consideration before buying HH.

If I know LF got in house cleaning maintenance plus the new exit, I would have considered LF... (HH is the only property I have viewed in JB..)
Not sure if we can get in house cleaning maintenance in HH as well...

I am prepared to do renovation for my HH property.. It is going to be busy.. so whatever poor furnishing is not important..as long as pipe and roof don't leak..

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Wuqi, please make a guess what the rating for the materials for HH Hill precinct will be (above 4 possible?).

Agree with your assessment, for certain units, its definitely only a 3.

If i have to choose between 2 places and one has lesser amenities but much better finishing and the other has better amenities but poorer finishing. I would still choose the one with better amenities. Have made this clear before as i can always change finishing but i cannot "buy" amenities.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Bro, how comes you get the one with zero interest??

ya..i forgot about your interest bro..cos mine is interest free. :biggrin: if u factor in interest, it will be closer to your figure.

mine MTRA is RM8,000 over 15 years..CIMB Aviva...i think one of the cheapest in the mkt if i am not wrong.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, if I have more money, I would certainly love to get one at LF.

interesting observations. I think or I am sure there were break-ins very long ago. LF is marching into the 15-20yr bracket already. Iskandar was only really taken for real in the last 2-3yrs. I cannot imagine how much less populated LF was initially. Because most buyers really bought the vast lands to land bank rather than built bungalows on them. those lone bungalows wouldn't have withstood the test of time then and could have become magnets for breakins.

some of them, abandoned, stands till this day as a reminder of yesterday if you look carefully as you drive towards the sales gallery. the sales rep told me the developer was frustrated with that and they started to offer BTS solutions as well as giving discounts to land-bankers to induce them to build resulting in what it is today. Actually, the roads were maintained by mbjb and the std is as the std across JB minus the newer roads. Sales rep told me that those big bungalows needed to break ground for electric works leading to re-pavings.

hmmm i think at this point i sound like a sales rep! :biggrin: well that was because when i was first deciding LF, I met this lady sales rep whom i took my hats off. We were chatting about everything for a bit after i signed the first commitment letter. We sat next to the pond and talked about everything under the sky, she told me about her past sales experience, how she had to help residents with the weirdest demands, picking up english and communicating with foreigners of different 'tongues'. For those taking about foreigners, you should visit any bungalow precincts and you'd be surprised if it was a caucasian country :smile: just sitting there, we chatted for 4 hours. Normally, a sales rep would have chucked me out after making the business.

that was then when I realized I wasn't just buying a property. I was buying into a community. A neighbor dropped me a nice welcome on the forum. 29ers. He kept me up to date with great advice getting in, getting out etc which I really appreciated, and he helped solve my ant infestation problem when I shifted in not too long ago! Cheers mate. Whenever I walk along to the clubhouse (to steal bandwidth hurhur) or drive my way out, neighbors I don't know greet me all the time and I smile back. I found out one of my students i used to teach has a weekend home here too. So LFers (haha did I first coin this term investor?) I guess have made what seems like an iconoclastic decision but really each of us knows LF has ate right into a special place in our hearts and its not just about the roof over our head...

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those Bros who bought the landed properties while they were still under construction, how many of you chose to pay the first regular instalment after the construction was complete and pay just the interest before the construction is complete?

For those Bros who have bought the properties at HH and chose to pay the interest after the construction is complete, mind sharing how much interest you are paying and how it is calculated. Thanks.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have gone abroad for a few days and so many pages have been added. Need to catch up.

Oops, my wife has just seen this video while I am looking at this page and she immediately requests to go to take a look.

I am sweating now!

What this video got to do with JB huh ? You mean that house is in LF or what ?

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi spidey, go check with Horizon Residence.
Heard they have units that are below RM500k, some below RM400k.

Bro, is this HH? The last I checked 3 weeks ago, it is going for 760k and above...only a few units left. These are the super link ...dun think in HH u can get anything less than 500k!!
They hv recently launched the cluster and going for 920k... Checked and double checked!! Coz HH was my 1st choice.
Only condo left which I am not interested... Pay so much of course wanna feel the land mah!!

jazjoz

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those Bros who bought the landed properties while they were still under construction, how many of you chose to pay the first regular instalment after the construction was complete and pay just the interest before the construction is complete?

For those Bros who have bought the properties at HH and chose to pay the interest after the construction is complete, mind sharing how much interest you are paying and how it is calculated. Thanks.

I am with HSBC and I'm paying interest until it's completed. No defered payment. BLR-2.3

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those Bros who want to get MACS, better be quick. The ladies there told me they only gave this out easily as a promotion. After Nov 15 2011, there is no more promotion (unless for some unknown reason, there is an extension for promotion which is very unlikely), everyone who wants to apply for MACS needs to fill in forms and submits photos etc and it will not be as fast and convenient as what is done in Jusco right now!

Bros any idea are they open on a Sunday ? Thinking of going there this Sunday with some friends to do MAC leh .

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
just went to cascadia website...impressive..

that said. i am always wary of developers who spent tons of money on fancy websites/advertising...it means less money on things that really matters the most. based on their modus operandi, one can expect even smaller houses at record breaking prices.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.