• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not defending Johoreans but i think the bringing of relatives applies to almost everyone across borders. I did hear though of some folks bringing in like 30 relatives in one night to stay. The poor terrace has to accomodate like that many people for the entire weekend. At least its a 24 x 75 place so not that bad but still.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
End of the day though, for security, it all depends on ones own needs and comfort level. I recalled there was someone who rather stay in an unguarded and ungated place in Bukit Indah as he thinks the guards in whole of Malaysia are all untrustworthy.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Vincentck,

In a similar situation, the agent for the landlord was asking me for half month rental as comm for a one year lease.

Well, I did not take up that lease, so I do not know of the payment method.

I think, (maybe I am wrong), over here, the terms are negotiable, it is ultimately how much $$ one pays, it can be "packaged" in a few forms such as comm, service fee or some kind of charges. Landlord nay agree to some requests by tenant but try to recover that cost in another way. It is all about negotiation.

I usually look at what is the total cost that I have to pay, to determine if it suits my budget and needs.

Hi, may I check something with all of you? I'm renting a house in HH for 2 years, RM1800/mth. The agent is asking for RM900 as agent fee, and he advised me to prepare the cheque in his name to avoid the government tax of 6%. The cheque to his name will be as his agent fee and also to pay the tenancy agreement stamping fee of RM265.

Anybody has any experience on this? Please share... thanks.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I agree on everyone will have visitors.

As long as the visits are short, putting up with the increase in activities is part of community living. from a positive angle, it brings life and vibrancy to the estate. :smile:

As long most of the time, the place is peaceful and serene.

Not defending Johoreans but i think the bringing of relatives applies to almost everyone across borders. I did hear though of some folks bringing in like 30 relatives in one night to stay. The poor terrace has to accomodate like that many people for the entire weekend. At least its a 24 x 75 place so not that bad but still.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indeed, I have heard and seen on the amount of $$ owed by owners for the management fee and sinking fund.

The Management will have to sue them to collect. I wonder how successful they are. I understand that the laws are being enacted just a few years back, to address the few issues faced by strata owners in the title transfer as well as the management of the estate. The situation is improving but I am not sure when it can achieve the level that we are used to.

Lastly, i don't know how many of them are used to the idea of paying maintenance and sinking fund. In Nusa Idaman, there is an issue of some residents refusing to pay the monthly contribution to the security fees funds - they claim that they don't need security. Why the fxxk do you buy a gated precinct if you hate to pay for security?? There is a neighbouring development "Kiara Hills" where they have done away with the security post because the majority of residents decided they don't want that. When these people stop contributing to maintenance and sinking fund... the place will rot.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal

2 thins i did before i bought my hse, checked expatriate forum in my, lack of professional security service and lots of missing payments of mante and sinking fund were very common everywhere. so after my car clocked over 500km, sent for a service and then drove north to see and feel for myself, all the way to penang. conclusion, the expats were not fussy, they were telling the truth. i would avoid most residential bldg that needs a lift to access. so landed is preferred.
Lastly, i don't know how many of them are used to the idea of paying maintenance and sinking fund. In Nusa Idaman, there is an issue of some residents refusing to pay the monthly contribution to the security fees funds - they claim that they don't need security. Why the fxxk do you buy a gated precinct if you hate to pay for security?? There is a neighbouring development "Kiara Hills" where they have done away with the security post because the majority of residents decided they don't want that. When these people stop contributing to maintenance and sinking fund... the place will rot.

Pool i don't use much but noisy neighbours i could do without. Common fear if living in condos and lots of don't pay up and if you live in high floor, then it will be tiring to get back home plus rubbish will fill up to the lower floor units for those living on lower floors. Slightly easier for landed where you can handle rubbish and normally not that many stairs to climb.

Yes, i still don't understand why but luckily for Nusa Idaman, its for only selected precints where they have
1. Balls of titanium or steel or 2. Value $$$ over their lives or 3. Think too little of the guards.

I never mentioned that Kiara place even though i pass by that place quite a bit whenever i wanted to visit Kota Iskandar/Puteri, its a pity.[/QUOTE]

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Investor

He posted in mycarforum and Jason redirect him to here.
I was redirected here too by Jason.

Yup yup...Thanks Crystal for answering..
this forum is great! lot of info...and some of it makes logical sense eg my initial thots was getting a small condo, but there were comments that in Johoreans likes to bring the extended family to use the pool - hence...

Anyway - readign and digesting some of the feedback now - and also saw the MRT/LRT proposal here...i am now even more convinced that this is a nice place to retire ...hahhahaha! provided they do a good job at building the facilities and ammenities...

Still reading the....

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

What about Spore property investors? I am sure there are also such people interested in property investment in Spore. Do you hang out with them? Or are you planning to invest in property in Malaysia only?

Yup, I do intend to invest in Singapore, but not at the moment. I'm sure there are also such property investors in Singapore just that I've not gotten the chance to meet these people. :smile:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal

"done away with the security post because the majority of residents decided they don't want that"
heard about a case on security, a precinct decided to pay less for security service, as they see neighboring precincts all pay for better professional service and the safe factor or the robbers' fear factor might well spread to their precinct. when smart alecs' group together, such smartness could spread fast and then all sink together.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by LeMans2011
Nusa Perintis looks intimidating. In fact the whole Gelang Patah looks intimidating and my wife hates to go there although i don't mind eating there occasionally as the coffeeshop dishes are real cheap. My view is only selected places in Johor are safe enough to live... forget about the rest no matter how cheap they are.
In JB, it is the human you should be afraid of and not the ghosts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have to agree with both on this, i still don't go to Gelang Patah area unless i have to, the last few times i went, it was to the hidden jetty at the middle of the night for fishing or waiting just for fun for durians to fall on the roadside there. (Hint, there are lots of durian trees in some areas)

Hi,

When ever my families, relatives n myself goes to leisure farm, we will to Gelang Patah for dinner, sometimes we will stay late to watch football on the big screen, we goes there to gave breakfast, change money n shop for groceries too. I do agree that it was intimidating at first. After a while, it seems a way of life. The wan tan noodles very good n the old style you char kuay very good too. There are lots of tour buses which stop over for break, so it should b safe.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

When ever my families, relatives n myself goes to leisure farm, we will to Gelang Patah for dinner, sometimes we will stay late to watch football on the big screen, we goes there to gave breakfast, change money n shop for groceries too. I do agree that it was intimidating at first. After a while, it seems a way of life. The wan tan noodles very good n the old style you char kuay very good too. There are lots of tour buses which stop over for break, so it should b safe.

U mean the 88 restaurant? The wan tan noodles, char kway teow and chee jiong fun are not bad. One can see how the chee jiong fun is done even.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Yeah... i like the chinese cooked food stall at the junction... the pork noodle stall at the back row is pretty good as well but the opening hours seem limited

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, just tO share, vitamin in junco is very cheap compared to Singapore. Two stripes in a bag, I usually buys 90 bottles for a month supply, that works up to sone savings. Goat milk in junco pharmacy department is cheaper too. Kids vitamin c tablets too, zytecs too

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, just tO share, vitamin in junco is very cheap compared to Singapore. Two stripes in a bag, I usually buys 90 bottles for a month supply, that works up to sone savings. Goat milk in junco pharmacy department is cheaper too. Kids vitamin c tablets too, zytecs too

Sorry, never check spelling before posting, am referring to vitagen

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gelang Patah is nostaglic! bring your parents and grand parents there and you hv to bear with their stories of good old days. but it really makes them happy, like traveling in a time machine. no supermart but small kedai that offers personal service. the old sector is a safe place, no worry.

Hi,

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indeed, I have heard and seen on the amount of $$ owed by owners for the management fee and sinking fund.

The Management will have to sue them to collect. I wonder how successful they are. I understand that the laws are being enacted just a few years back, to address the few issues faced by strata owners in the title transfer as well as the management of the estate. The situation is improving but I am not sure when it can achieve the level that we are used to.

yeap, but as for now only applies to strata titles (where the legality and repercussions are stated on S&P outright, so signing means consent) not across the board for all property titles though so cannot use it to apply to defaulters of maintenance fee in all cases. Still its not fool proof if some of them are 'stubborn' about it. And I agree if these people don't want to pay up then why buy into a G&G in the first place?! personally, because maintenance is one of the most important in the upkeep of an estate is one of the primary reasons for opting for a higher tier to weed out those who'd likely default.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

agree with sanur and tansi: yes GP does exude a feeling of nostalgia. There are quite a few foodie joints too. Neighbor, 29er found & recommended another place near the streetside, bak kut teh. I think there're treasures everywhere to be found and be enjoyed :smile:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

agree with sanur and tansi: yes GP does exude a feeling of nostalgia. There are quite a few foodie joints too. Neighbor, 29er found & recommended another place near the streetside, bak kut teh. I think there're treasures everywhere to be found and be enjoyed :smile:

There is also a 2 ringgit shops selling household products, like pails etc n stationeries too.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

No problem at all :smile: Just sharing.

For insurance on my units in Nusajaya, I bought a SGD 1mil term coverage on death and terminal illnesses(if I'm not wrong) from NTUC Singapore which cost SGD54.33 per month and I pay the premium yearly. I chose this instead of MRTA not because I've compared the two in terms of price and coverage but simply because I think the claim procedure, being done in Singapore, should be of lesser hassle for my family if something really happens to me.
Wow, SGD54.33/month is quite a low premium for such a high coverage. Are you very young? I will need to ask my insurance agent on the premium for the same coverage for me. Thanks for sharing.

Great link, thank you euphony. I've been thinking of getting a trustworthy Interior Designer company from Singapore who is willing to cross the straits daily and manage the whole reno project of my future units in Nusajaya.

I don't think I wanna handle those contractors and everything else by myself. As long as I find the package price reasonable and the design makes me drool, I'll just deal with the Singapore ID firm and they manage the whole project for me :smile:
Any idea how does ID firm charge in SG? Flat fee or depends on the total renovation cost and they charge a % of that cost? I would like to get an ID too because i wanna extend the house and that will require a lot of paperwork to be done and submission as well.

It's always good to hear from bros and sisters about their investment perspectives, especially in times of uncertainty, it helps to know that there are many people who share the same sediments. I got a lot more to learn from all the successful bros and sisters here, people like Wuqi, Investor, HH, LeMans. I am sure many people have benefited from all of you.

I for one have always believed in property investment but I've never talked to my friends about these things because all they can tell me is, they have a new eye candy in school, let's go clubbing, let's go on holiday, let's go out and play computer games, the latest movie, music, computer gadgets, new flashy cars. To be honest, I am not interested in these and if I don't pretend I am interested, I will have no one to hang out with.

I prefer to hang out with people older than me who can share with me about their life experiences. One advice I got from a Malaysian sister is to surround yourself with positive and like minded people. Next week, I will be attending a gathering with property investors from Malaysia (org by that sister), we will be sharing our views on Iskandar Malaysia and some of them will share with us their experiences (after that, hopefully I am able to share with you guys their views on Iskandar Malaysia), I'm looking to learn from these seniors. I noticed that Malaysian youths are generally more matured compared to their Singaporean peers. I met one who is in his late 20s, but has already bought land to develop houses. Met a few other very successful ones in KL, and they are all very humble and accommodating to show me around driving me from show offices to show offices, explaining the KL market in detail.

This group of brothers and sisters are all friends and through one, I got to know many more, some based in Singapore, some in KL. This is my network of like minded friends that I wish to build on and expand.

Same for this forum, we have gathered many positive and like minded people, I really wish to meet many of you in real life. Who says there are no kind hearted people? :smile: I too believe Iskandar Malaysia is set to grow more. Now the question is not whether or not to invest in Iskandar Malaysia, my worry is not having enough fund to buy more before prices shoot up even higher. :smile:
Bro lastresort, you are very intelligent to start young. If I'm not mistaken, you're in ur mid 20s. When I was younger, I didn't think much about properties because I thought I was still young and since I can't afford it, then no need to learn. But fortunately, I attended a seminar by Milan Doshi back in 2006 and started my journey that same year too. So, it's good to start young.

Status
Not open for further replies.