• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
No headache at all, just a bit of effort that's all. To answer your question, yes there is a RM10k limit on deposit per day into account under foreigner's name(even mortgage acc.)

1) If you want very good exchange rate for TT, go to Parkway Parade's Sino Moneychanger Pte Ltd. Another 2 reliable ones in Parkway are Everpeace Money Changer Pte Ltd and Yakadir Pte Ltd. All 3 are on level 1.

2) But because of the daily limit(and you might not be staying near Parkway), a more convenient way is to open an account with MoneyWorld Asia Pte Ltd. Their website is http://www.moneyworld.com.sg With an account, you don't need to go all the way to their office daily to make payment, just go to the nearest ATM machine and deposit the amount you want to TT into their company's account and contact them.

3) Someone here suggested before that raffles1.sg gives better rate than Moneyworld Asia but I'm not sure whether you can deposit into their bank acc. thru ATM like Money World.

All above are reliable companies.

Investor Bro...

Thanks for your kind sharing..
Sorry may i ask you more into details... pardon me for my silliness.....
Does it mean that you use TT similar name as remit into your m'sian account on a daily basis of 10K. Thus will there be charges to bear if the you change less than RM10K?
I was trying to find out if there are money changers that can TT or remit more than the allowable limit of Rm10K.

Thanks again for your kind sharings and advices.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

I have experience with moneyworld, raffles1 and those in parkway parade.. Not because MoneyWorld is ex-minister hubby's company and have Temasek's subs as their main clients, I think their rate is bad..or close to bank rate.. Think they are kidding us...

Raffles1's rate is good.. Write them a cheque and my experience with them is ok.. reliable.. IF you are transferring large amount of money... The saving is worth all the effort..

If you don't mind the saving, you can still use standard bank transfer for peace of mind.. In this case there is no 10K daily limit.. If you are transferring say S$200K, you can ask for very attractive rate.. which Moneyworld can't match...

I have found another way to overcome this.. but you need to trust the developer which at the end, I choose not to..

No headache at all, just a bit of effort that's all. To answer your question, yes there is a RM10k limit on deposit per day into account under foreigner's name(even mortgage acc.)

1) If you want very good exchange rate for TT, go to Parkway Parade's Sino Moneychanger Pte Ltd. Another 2 reliable ones in Parkway are Everpeace Money Changer Pte Ltd and Yakadir Pte Ltd. All 3 are on level 1.

2) But because of the daily limit(and you might not be staying near Parkway), a more convenient way is to open an account with MoneyWorld Asia Pte Ltd. Their website is http://www.moneyworld.com.sg With an account, you don't need to go all the way to their office daily to make payment, just go to the nearest ATM machine and deposit the amount you want to TT into their company's account and contact them.

3) Someone here suggested before that raffles1.sg gives better rate than Moneyworld Asia but I'm not sure whether you can deposit into their bank acc. thru ATM like Money World.

All above are reliable companies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Investor Bro...

Thanks for your kind sharing..
Sorry may i ask you more into details... pardon me for my silliness.....
Does it mean that you use TT similar name as remit into your m'sian account on a daily basis of 10K. Thus will there be charges to bear if the you change less than RM10K?
I was trying to find out if there are money changers that can TT or remit more than the allowable limit of Rm10K.

Thanks again for your kind sharings and advices.

Hi guys,

I have experience with moneyworld, raffles1 and those in parkway parade.. Not because MoneyWorld is ex-minister hubby's company and have Temasek's subs as their main clients, I think their rate is bad..or close to bank rate.. Think they are kidding us...

Raffles1's rate is good.. Write them a cheque and my experience with them is ok.. reliable.. IF you are transferring large amount of money... The saving is worth all the effort..

If you don't mind the saving, you can still use standard bank transfer for peace of mind.. In this case there is no 10K daily limit.. If you are transferring say S$200K, you can ask for very attractive rate.. which Moneyworld can't match...

I have found another way to overcome this.. but you need to trust the developer which at the end, I choose not to..

Hi Skippy,
Arsenal had just suggested the safest way with no limit. But if you want better rate from Parkway compared to St. Chart, there'll be the daily RM10k limit. Maybe you can try your luck to request for transfer of higher amount? Charges for low amount will be around SGD10 I think.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Skippy,
Arsenal had just suggested the safest way with no limit. But if you want better rate from Parkway compared to St. Chart, there'll be the daily RM10k limit. Maybe you can try your luck to request for transfer of higher amount? Charges for low amount will be around SGD10 I think.

Hi

I used this company, very reliable, no limits

Bryan Yeo I Senior Dealer (Personal Transfers)
Customer Relationship Management
Travelex Global Business Payments
77 Robinson Road #35-01 Robinson 77 Singapore 068896
Direct:** + 65 6494 8289***********
Fax:****** + 65 6494 8295***********
E-mail:** [email protected]

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Toyota Hilux

Buy an old one, keep it dirty n dusty, like the one at my mum's Neighbours garage, see also sian

Great resale, reliability, parts prices and availability...but car thief and jackers magnet and also...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZF8N9NItHI All pickups and suvs are easy to roll over due to higher cg. The Hilux looks like it only needs the slightest excuse..

After reading Sanur's suggestion, I've decided that it is what I'm gonna do.
But after viewing the video which Batok Seri shared, I'm thinking thrice about getting high CG trucks :( Thanks for sharing your knowledge Batok Seri.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow.. I am surprise there is no limit.. Will keep this in mind..

Hi

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

But after viewing the video which Batok Seri shared, I'm thinking thrice about getting high CG trucks :( Thanks for sharing your knowledge Batok Seri.

If u love off loading, tried n tested by my neice hub, he owns these Mitsubishi Pajero n jeep wrangler, jeep wrangler smaller in width so easier to pass small path, remember must have recovery tools,

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I joined the Johor 4x4 team to the Jungle before.. The group leader drive a Hilux..He also rasied the height...
I saw him driving up steep slopes (50-60 degree gradient) and down the waterfalls with ease.. I think Hilux is a very capable truck..

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

I joined the Johor 4x4 team to the Jungle before.. The group leader drive a Hilux..He also rasied the height...
I saw him driving up steep slopes (50-60 degree gradient) and down the waterfalls with ease.. I think Hilux is a very capable truck..[/

Impressive!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry Bro. Only 2 service centers, one in KL and other in Singapore. If you've got major problem...... that's 1/2 million Ringgit burn bro!! Was interested in getting Toyota Prado or Land Cruiser BUT NOT available in Malaysia!! Those are big babies which gives you the 'willies' when you see them coming up fast in your rear view mirror :smile:

let's see how it fares in the reliability charts in the next 2 years. I like less populous cars tend to detract would be attempts...? dunno. hahah reminds me of james may saying he has a nice fizzing sensation in topgear. wo watches topgear religiously here? :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi

Wow.. I am surprise there is no limit.. Will keep this in mind..

Wow wee...

Hi Sanur and bros+sistas...

Thanks for sharing... such a pc of good news...

Happy that i can get back to skip again hee hee...

I've just called them, please take note that they require a minimum transfer of SGD30k(approximately RM73k).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just wondering ,are we (Singaporean who own house in johor) allowed to own JB-registered car in Johor ?. Apprieciate it very much for sharing.

Definitely able to buy cars, i personally am a owner. Some of my neighbours and friends have more than 3 now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My mechanic swears by the Hilux and the Triton. For MPVs, he likes the Alza as well as the Grand Livina. Told me though that Grand Livina has a tendency to "eat water" as in needs to top up water frequently. Super fuel efficient though. If one likes size, buy an Alphard or newest Vellfire. I would buy neither though, i prefer to keep low profile and drive cars that no one would steal or take a 2nd look at.

I spend at best 1 hour or sometimes none at all in my car but spend most times at home or office. I prefer to spend money on all the critical components of the car and leave the rest.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys

For those who bought Nusa Idaman , how is the security like ? Coz i read some that some houses were broke in ....
How can this happen when we have guarded guard ? I wonder developer do anything to improve ?

Btw , my banker called me and say my loan can be approved , so happy .....

Hope to hear some reviews before I go down this sat to place a deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies.