• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyo ofcourse you dun have to gain.

you are sharing...

that is good already...

Those that you get from NTUC or Homefix is better in quality and value for money. If you want really good ones, you can go visit Hoo Kee at Katong shopping centre(if I didn't remember wrongly), the place where there are a lot of curtain shops? Its at the ground level. Use to be a Yokosho there.

If you want premium good ones, you can go to Econflo. Just Google them. I know them cause I used to work in a construction company.

P.S. : I don't have anything to gain from this.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
have you seen the congestion from setia tropika residential towards commercial (that is setia sales office to immigration office in the mornings)?

Yep. The pass 1 week has seen lotsa congestions from custom to tebrau. Me think due to EDL construction work. I hope its going to finish real soon. Heard from Setia sales that they are working day and night on it, rushing to finish asap...

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife not keen to explore bro....

If i say anything i kena whack..... Hope she not reading this....

She claims got no time to drive here there to try this or that

But thanks for the Tesco KFC salon place. I think she would wanna try it.

Will recomend.

Hi Checkers, most are open during that time, some may even be open more than usual. Jusco for sure will be open as with Tesco. Giant wise i think so too. Go to Mydin near the East Ledang/Ledang Heights area. Some of the stuff are really cheap, 3 pin multi plugs at 2.90, DVD/VCD cleaner kit at 2.60. Quite a good deal there.

For folks who want good hairstyling(higher class type), go to Tesco(Bukit Indah) where near the KFC, there is a very good salon there with hair treatment. Or Lings outside Sutera Mall (near the Pontian Wanton Noodles)

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right bro....

That darn pasir gudang lebuhraya can never predict one ....

sometimes jam while entering bukit indah toll gate.....

sometimes jam when leaving bukit indah you pay the toll and come out near perling then mati already......

sometimes jam towards plentong side

sometimes jam when coming from plentong towards kempas side

so scared of that road.....

previously the thistle road used to be ok

now got massive jams there at the BHP or whatever the orange yellow petrol station..

cause of road works

and that tebrau road any which time also jam

Bros AP and Abugumgum are correct, been a bit bad recently. The worst i had experienced was driving one evening and stuck for 2 hours on the Pasir Gudang highway. Quite scary when we finally saw the reason why, a very large truck was found upside down with its container trailer upside down as well. Drive safe especially this month, saw a lot of exceptional death this month.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyo ofcourse you dun have to gain.

you are sharing...

that is good already...

Don't want to sound like touting mah...hehe...

Btw, my whole house in Singapore using Econflo. More then 13 year. Not a Single problem. But I don't think I'd would wanna use it in JB house lah. Sekali all taps disappear. :P

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok understand the situation better now...

Mine was different

Very confused now. Apparently, HH kept the State Consent Application Form (which i've signed for mths), and it's an agreement btw HH and Lawfirm that once loan disbursed from bank, then HH pass to Lawfirm to submit for approval. Isn't this contrary to most other MY property purchases? Or is this the norms? Any HH owners can clarify?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very confused now. Apparently, HH kept the State Consent Application Form (which i've signed for mths), and it's an agreement btw HH and Lawfirm that once loan disbursed from bank, then HH pass to Lawfirm to submit for approval. Isn't this contrary to most other MY property purchases? Or is this the norms? Any HH owners can clarify?

BY right approval must be sought for the state consent application before anything else, but well, this being Malaysia, "by right" isn't always the way they do things here. Got to push the lawyer, he has to get the job done before collecting his fees.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It normally takes about 1-2 months. Developer side is usually slightly faster. Sometimes even 3 months or more depending what type you are getting. Make sure if your unit is master title that it transfers cleanly to you as an individual title after all this is done.
Thanks for all replies. Mine is a sub-sale . Hopefully it will not take more than 5 months or else I will have to pay interest to vendor.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a question :
My family is thinking of going in during the hari raya break...any idea if the hypermarts, shops will be open during the festive occasion? Appreciate your response.

Do plan your time since traffic is normally horrendous over long week end... talk about that i better head back to JB now

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
lots of congestion around Setia Tropika bro....during peak hours....

and if you guys have noticed lots of congestion along jalan tebrau as well
Bro,
Can imagine since I used to visit Aeon Tebrau previously..
but at least there is a highway to causeway which suppose to cut down on travel time..

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Analytical Professor lots of congestion around Setia Tropika bro....during peak hours....
Avalon 74 and if you guys have noticed lots of congestion along jalan tebrau as wellBro,
Can imagine since I used to visit Aeon Tebrau previously..
but at least there is a highway to causeway which suppose to cut down on travel time..

Y'all please be extra careful on the roads as there is a huge rush for people travelling home to their families for Hari Raya celebrations. And expect the causeways to be horrendously jammed for the extra long weekend taking in Malaysia's National Day on the 31st. Be well and safe everyone.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Y'all please be extra careful on the roads as there is a huge rush for people travelling home to their families for Hari Raya celebrations. And expect the causeways to be horrendously jammed for the extra long weekend taking in Malaysia's National Day on the 31st. Be well and safe everyone.
Thanks Mallow, will stay put in Sg for voting today.. next week then going in..

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it cheaper to buy paints in Singapore or in Malaysia?

Anybody has experience in this since we are talking about renovations?

Think my home in Sg needs a new coat of paint..

Hi AP

Last week i just bought 2 5lit nippon paint in jb for my sg hse. After conversion its abt $38 each. It seems now Nippon got 20% disc for certain paint series... Btw i bought at paint shop wic is quite near plaza pelangi. In sg wil cost me at leas $15-20 more each.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those that you get from NTUC or Homefix is better in quality and value for money. If you want really good ones, you can go visit Hoo Kee at Katong shopping centre(if I didn't remember wrongly), the place where there are a lot of curtain shops? Its at the ground level. Use to be a Yokosho there.

If you want premium good ones, you can go to Econflo. Just Google them. I know them cause I used to work in a construction company.
P.S. : I don't have anything to gain from this.

Hi sis cathy

The name of the place is Tanjong Katong Complex. The hoe kee store is grd floor beside the escalator, beside the entrance cannot miss one. They have another outlet at Jalan Besar area near the hawker centre. When i got my sg hse 11 yrs ago i bought the bathtub, sink (blanco) and mixer. Till now works fine tho at that time i thinkg i can get cheaper somewhere else. So no regrets

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks LeMans and Mallow for all your kind advice. :smile: How about the second link? Will it be that bad too?

Considering the cost, yes ... because people will be hoping to spend less time on the link and are willing to pay for it. Try to time yourself carefully and go when it is less likely to be crowded, if you can ... between 1-5 am are best.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Narmi,

Im looking for the pure white type.

Pure white is it more ex?

Juz wanna brighten up the home.

My JB n other home looks cool with pure white.

Wanna apply same concept to hdb too.

How to ask for pure white ah?

Whats the qty needed for hdb?

Hi AP

Last week i just bought 2 5lit nippon paint in jb for my sg hse. After conversion its abt $38 each. It seems now Nippon got 20% disc for certain paint series... Btw i bought at paint shop wic is quite near plaza pelangi. In sg wil cost me at leas $15-20 more each.

Status
Not open for further replies.