• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
thanks bro for the quick and detail reply , another question is i have to engage local agent to do the job or my agent ? and the agent will do all the stuff like helping me to apply for loan thru my bank rite ? :wink:

Thats the beauty of it, you don't actually need an agent if you are buying direct from the developer.

Of course, if buying resale, you would then need one. The agent, whether local or otherwise will handle everything for you.

Its actually better to just have one agent else you have to pay multiple levels of commissions. As it is, for the agent i used, i have to pay them 1% of the total.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Also, one thing to look out for is to make sure the place you are buying is built up already. If its a reputable developer then its ok, at least you can put your trust in them to build your place up in 1-2 years. Best if you do it like me which is pay a higher premium but the whole house and everything else is done up. Just needs to plug in appliances, do the lights and aircon. I don't mind paying higher when it means i have something tangible on hand.

Also, avoid the condos there unless you know the place well,it may be good at the beginning but some of the management may later just run away or take your money and disappear, with no one to clear the rubbish and fix the lift, it will be a nightmare.

That is why much of their condos are dirt cheap, while on route to the Horizon Hills area, you will see some with advertisements saying 80,000 ringgit. Its actually not bad for the price that you are paying for but the locals advised me against it.

Always go for landed and gated security if you can. The management can't really run away because they are the developers and also they have a golf course and an image to maintain. Even in the very unlikely scenario that they run away, at worse i will hire a refuse truck daily to clear my rubbish and i don't have a lift to worry about, unlike a condo.

I hope all bros can benefit from this.
Peace and happiness to all(Singaporeans/Johorians)

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I would suggest starting small and getting a cluster or a terrace first, try it out and see if you like it.

The smell of fresh air in a safe environment is great! They built a park in the compound right besides my place and i can exercise and relax without the fumes from cars.

My wife told me Its a pity we are not bumis as they can get another 10 percent off but well, i am pretty happy as it is. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Also, i would like to post for the benefit of bros here who did not read my earlier posts that for most development, you can go straight to the developers and purchase directly. You DO NOT need an agent. You only need one if you are buying resale, even then if you know Malaysia enough and have own lawyers/banks etc, you can still do it yourself.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, just saw the full message:

But what about hidden cost - property tax, utilities tax and foreigner/Sporean tax?

There are no such taxes, forget all the things you learned in Singapore, its really pretty savings on many fronts:

http://www.malaysianpropertypartners.com/malaysian-investments/finance/malaysian-tax-benefits/

Some useful references found from google:
http://www.irda.com.my/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iskandar_Malaysia

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My+Money/Property/Story/A1Story20090526-143998.html

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My wife told me Its a pity we are not bumis as they can get another 10 percent off but well, i am pretty happy as it is. :smile:

You can remind your wife that in Spore if you are familee you can get extra "egg" :smile: All the Lees got discounts in HPL & I'm sure in other property deals :rolleyes:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I don't intend to be a property agent (at least not for the forseeable future) so just sharing the information.

The CPF i will keep for now until i have decided that i will be cutting off all strings. I will still use it to service my existing property here which i plan to rent out.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bro, who are your neighbors ?
does the rosy picture of the estate that you paint now can be maintained, say 10 years from now ? ( have seen one around Poreasia golf course in dilapidated state )

Some are from the forummers here who have PMed me.

In the same vein, can you or anyone, even our dear leaders here guarantee SG will be in this present state 10 years from now? Even the RTC in Singapore itself, what happened to it?

No. No one can guarantee tomorrow but at least one can get started today.

Look at my previous posts in its entire context.

Again, i am not saying this is the best for everyone. Although it is to me relative to the risks and money involved, you don't need to live at Horizon Hills/Mont Calista or even in JB, there may be better places and better countries, all i am saying is that there are always choices.

The choice is yours.

inhaler

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some are from the forummers here who have PMed me.

In the same vein, can you or anyone, even our dear leaders here guarantee SG will be in this present state 10 years from now? Even the RTC in Singapore itself, what happened to it?

No. No one can guarantee tomorrow but at least one can get started today.

Look at my previous posts in its entire context.

Again, i am not saying this is the best for everyone. Although it is to me relative to the risks and money involved, you don't need to live at Horizon Hills/Mont Calista or even in JB, there may be better places and better countries, all i am saying is that there are always choices.

The choice is yours.

Thanks bro for all the info , actually long ago when these radio 1003 do the advertisment for horizon hill , i already interested in getting 1 . but tat time round there isn't much complete unit ,unlike now so many unit up.
i think myself more interested in getting those unit which are ready but if the price is cheaper in getting those yet to complete unit in horizon hill , i wun mind too .
Just saw a local agent post sales of unit in horizon , not sure which type but is asking for sgd 700k + .:oIo:
For myself , if a terrace having 3 bedroom with about 2000sqf , 2 storey high at price RM 350k below , i still can manage . Higher than tat , guess out of my budget .
Bro Wuqi , you have any idea horizon hill any unit at below RM 350k ?
thank you :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks bro for all the info , actually long ago when these radio 1003 do the advertisment for horizon hill , i already interested in getting 1 . but tat time round there isn't much complete unit ,unlike now so many unit up.
i think myself more interested in getting those unit which are ready but if the price is cheaper in getting those yet to complete unit in horizon hill , i wun mind too .
Just saw a local agent post sales of unit in horizon , not sure which type but is asking for sgd 700k + .:oIo:
For myself , if a terrace having 3 bedroom with about 2000sqf , 2 storey high at price RM 350k below , i still can manage . Higher than tat , guess out of my budget .
Bro Wuqi , you have any idea horizon hill any unit at below RM 350k ?
thank you :wink:

Hey bro Inhaler, go straight to the developer in Horizon Hills, visit the place and check. I know of units in The Golf, soon to be developed will be around 350k for a terrace(that will take 1 year to 1 year plus).

There are choices actually within your budget. You could do a google,(i don't want to point it here as people may think i am an agent or i have hidden agendas) i saw some units at The gateway where they are asking for around 339k for a 2100 sqft(build up place) and about 300k for a 1830 sqft place(built up) terrace. These looks to be resale though but gives you the idea of the pricing and of course, they are ready for occupancy.

To the other forummers,

I really meant well and do not wish to benefit from this. I just want to help fellow Singaporeans. We are always helping people from other countries, helping them reconstruct or construct houses for people to live in poor countries.

Why don't we help each other for once? There are needy Singaporeans who need your help. People always say be kind to animals, have you been kind to a person lately?

If i can shine a light to show the way, however dim it may be to benefit a fellow man, i will.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Inhaler, also these 2 i mentioned have 4 rooms plus 1 maid room i think so its pretty spacious for the price.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh bro Inhaler, just saw your mention about the 700k!!!! What kind of place is that? For that price, the only way if its a semi-d that is fully furnished, designer done and in ready move in condition. The other possibility is that its because its a bungalow but i only know of bungalows in The Expatriat precint.

I actually wished i started years earlier and heard the news on the radio, that way, i could have bought the houses earlier at Gateway when they were still building them so that they would be much cheaper then.

Again, its up to you whether you want to wait for The Golf from the developer or buy resale from the open market. You can also look at other properties at other developments/projects outside of Horizon Hills to see which suit you.

Whichever way you take, i respect your decision and i sincerely wish the best for you.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sharing a reply to a PM that i received:

Interest rates will remain low with the banks for at least until 2nd half of next year so there is still time to get in. You can google for news on this but i have it from bloomberg.
Added revised link:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601080&sid=ahTofKGlP4PA

One thing though if you buy resale, you normally have to pay 1% comms to agent as a buyer. Also, the one time 10,000 ringgit levy and the stamp duty, normally much less than 10,000 ringgit normally depending on price of property.

Last thing is to check the interest rates and terms of the loan with the bank first and read through the T&Cs.

U

UpYoz_olo

http://www.handalindah.com.my/servi...a24ec1debd2b16e7&txtRefno=20051202:152716:826

Good point by Johnny, there is actually an existing bus that goes over the 2nd link, straight to Jurong East. Its called CW3 but there are also other buses from and to different areas, Kranji etc. Maybe if we have critical mass, can charter a daily bus from the area.

Allo,

Bukit Indah si di toh lok ah?? Any interesting things there like malls etc?? Any golf course near there??

:biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Average Terrace pricing - 300-350k at resale price(must buy resale as all sold out) Note: New Terrace at The Golf starts at 350k
Cluster(looks damn like semi-D from the front and side) - 486-520k
:smile:

Wuqi, tks for your reply (PM).

Referring to the link, I cant seem to find any model on the terrace houses leh? :confused:

All sold out and I suppose they bought for investment purpose? So I should approach the individual investor/owner of the terrace houses if I wish to buy or thru agent?

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Allo,

Bukit Indah si di toh lok ah?? Any interesting things there like malls etc?? Any golf course near there??

:biggrin:

Hey, its in Nusajaya area. Its the heart of everything! Lots!! Just came back from another visit today, car chock full of stuff for my siblings. My mum and dad were dead tired as there were just too much to see. Familiar shops like Giordano, SK jewellery, Breadtalk, Kenny Rogers, Toastbox are there. Of course, A&W is there too!!! :P

It has Jusco, Aeon malls and Tesco (Tesco still building up) is JUST ACROSS the road from them. Giant is within easy reach as well(10-14 mins drive)

There are also going to be major hospitals, police stations very near there.
The best golf course in my humble experience is one that is built right next to where you live. That, personally to me is Horizon Hills. :smile:

Of course, there is also Pulai Springs Golf Resort which is ideal for those staying in Mont Calista which is like a 7 minutes drive. Giant is also within 3 minutes worth of driving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.